Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Just a Q. Who do you have insurance for and how much do you pay?

State Farm, $870 a year

Don't remember who. I think State Farm. $660 every six months.

EDIT: $625 for 6 months this time around
    Last edited by Misthael; 03-22-2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

insurance is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing expensive. im 16 and i need help. theres no way i can afford insurance on my job. i need a better one. im payin 200 a month for a 97 accord dx. THAT SUX. (minimum coverage too.)

Comment

<~~ is over 25 andmaried so i pay 330 every 6 months with state farm...for an 88 RX7 in the bay area..

Comment

Progressive + Group coverage + Liability + Old '88 Ranger = $150 for 6 months, woohoo!

My bro's Protege 5 is around $600, full coverage and a high priced car(insurance wise, high rating).

My other brother's Century is around $300 for 6 months, full coverage.

Price is company dependent. For example, we were all covered with our parent's cars under Western National. The same Ranger was around $300 for 6 months(same liability), Protege 5 over $900 for 6 months(same full coverage). I'm not sure about my other brother's Century.

The insurance companies give cars ratings through various factors. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but in the basic sense, sports cars, highly stolen cars, area of driving, and history of the driver all come into play. My Ranger is rated at something like a 2. My bro's protege 5 is rated at something like a 16, very high. Most family sedans and such are more near 4-6 maybe(other bro's Century).

Check around for prices. Group rates are cheaper than single. If you're young, have it insured under your parent's name. You'll be listed as the driver still, but the rates will be lower than if you just got insurance yourself.

You could check around too for quotes. See who's cheaper(maybe good or bad). Watch out for some policies. A cheap company may jack up rates for small things, minor accidents, speeding tickets, and such. If you rear end someone, your rates might skyrocket. Companies vary on how eager they are to raise rates. Talk with the company about this stuff. Safe driving should keep you out of trouble too. Drive safe and at the speed limit. Make sure it's their fault if you get into an accident.

Comment

im 18...everything under my name.............................................. ........................ 1200 every 6 months without collusion.....it SUCKS!!! that was the cheapest i could find too

Comment

no tickets(ok 1 ever)
              chevette

240 every year.

chevette

Comment

hahah a chevett i havent seen one of those for ever

Comment

Mine is $660 for 6 months for liability. Im 20, have a speeding ticket for going 100+. It was 600 for a year full coverage. My insurance agent called me one of the most dangerous drivers on the road, i laughed at him.

Comment

Working...
                  X