Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMUEL HUBINETTE, D1GP Japan Round #1 Competitor

SAMUEL HUBINETTE

"Just arrived in Tokyo. Ueno got a car for me to compete in for the Tokyo Drift D1. Check out his new ride. "

Two-time drift champion Samuel Hübinette is in Japan this weekend to make a surprise appearance in the D1 Grand Prix championship drifting series.

“It’s an honor to be competing in Japan where the sport of drifting started,” said Hübinette. “The style is different here and I’m really looking forward to competing against these guys.”

Hübinette was expected to show some American muscle, taking on the largely Japanese field in a Dodge Viper, but the logistics of this round mean he will take part in a vehicle provided by D1 veteran Takahiro Ueno.

The event will pose some unique challenges for Hübinette, who said he expects to have only about an hour of testing in the right-hand drive car before the contest starts on Saturday.

“Being in a right-hand drive car definitely makes it more challenging,” said Hübinette. “In drifting you need to make quick adjustments and there is no time for thinking – you just have to react. It’s going to take some time to get used to having the e-brake and the gear shift on the left side.”

Hübinette will next appear in competition in the United States for Round 1 of Formula Drift at Long Beach, California, in April. He is taking on a new role as team owner this season, while also making a bid for the series title in a factory-backed Dodge Challenger.

The D1 series developed in Japan over a decade ago and, for 2010, boasts top drivers from Japan competing one-on-one against American talent.
    Attached Files

fix the hot damn pic!!!!! lol

big up to Sam for taking the risk!

Comment

try now.....

Comment

Good stuff Sam!!!

Comment

Samuel will be driving Ueno’s old Soarer.

Comment

sweetness!

Comment

hahahh I like how he said "A car" its only one of the most infamous drift cars ever lol. Wish I had time off to go down there.

Comment

SAMUEL HUBINETTE

"I qualified 7th out of 42 cars so I am pretty stoked. Pretty tight track,3rd gear initiation then 2nd gear the rest."

Comment

yea man... technical is what the Japanese is all about.

good stuff Sam.

Comment

Cool. I can't wait to see the runs

Comment

SAMUEL HUBINETTE

"D1 update.
                      Forest Wang Mike Pollard and myself all qualified for today's D1 GP in
                      Odaiva Tokyo.
                      It is sold out and game ON!!
                      We were all struggling with the right hand drive set up and having a
                      jetlag (15hr) time difference did not help.
                      Much respect for the guys coming over from Japan and Europe to the
                      states for Formula D every event.
                      Time for drivers meeting.
                      Later
                      Samuel"

Comment

the press release was added to the first post

Comment

SAMUEL HUBINETTE

I qualified 6th today and now getting ready for top 16.
                          It's a sold out event and great atmosphere.
                          Tandem is going to be a tough one. I never got to practice much so I
                          don't have to high expectations on me there.
                          Mike had a tough one because of the car just got built. It definitely
                          need some more work on it.
                          Forest did awesome but his car needs some more work on it too.
                          Drift Ya Later
                          Samuel

Comment

"Just made it in to top 16 at the D1 GP. I got 6th place in top 32. Going up against takayama in the first round. He is in a fast RX 7!"

Comment

Samuel Hübinette: Lap 1 in top16 it was 5-5 in points. Then when I was following I had to much traction and lost some of the drift. New chans tomorrow.

"taken off sam's facebook posted 12 minutes ago"

Comment

Working...
                              X