Imamura's RX-7 and Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imamura's RX-7 and Nitrous

i recently picked up the D1 Grand Prix 2003-2004 Year Book and i found out something i didnt know before.

on page 25 there's a pic of the A'PEX RX-7's trunk and what do i see there? a nitrous bottle.

what do you all think? is it a spool-up kit, or like a means of giving the car a little more punch mid-corner?

It's actually a 10 inch woofer in there so when he goes around corners he can hit the bass note to break traction loose. All the "cool" guys are doing it these days.

Comment

lol...but seriously, in between some of the Japanese writing there are some "boost related" numbers like 1.0 kg/cm2 and 1.2 kg/cm2 so i'm guessing its a spool-up kit.

Comment

I see in the pic a nitrous hose that goes into the intake.

Comment

Theres a pretty long thread on nitrous use at the d1 search the forum it will pop up pretty quick, Aparantly alot of the guys are using it, though im sure theres a few different reasons/ways they are using it. Driftxtream explains it pretty well in that thread.

Comment

It gives them some extra power if they need it. When the driver floors the pedal, it activates a microswitch on the throttle body that triggers a nitrous fogger in the intercooler.

Comment

um...not on Imamura's car, in one of the pics there is one of those nitrous "V" fittings that have fuel and nitrous lines coming out of them, and the fitting is sticking out of the I/C piping a little bit before the throttle body

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                It gives them some extra power if they need it. When the driver floors the pedal, it activates a microswitch on the throttle body that triggers a nitrous fogger in the intercooler.
                Tsunami man I Know how much you must like that intercooler cooler but this is directly fed into the induction stream. We all have cheeper and better ways to cool the intercooler. FWI in japan a 10lbs bottle cost 250 buck to fill we would never waist med grade nos on an intercooler.

Comment

Working...
                X