Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amanda
    replied
    I heart Haraguchi. I love his gangster initiation at Irwindale Speedway in the Silk Road S13.5! He needs to teach me to do that gangster initiation!!

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    i miss haruguchi

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    #6 Gaz Whitter looks like Rob Pattinson from Twight. LOL!

Interesting list...

Mine would look similar as well but w/modifications:

1.) Haraguchi
    2.) Tanner Foust
    3.) Nomuken
    4.) JR Gitten
    5.) Rhys Millen
    6.) Ryan Tuerck
    7.) Chris Forsberg
    8.) Tyler Mcquarrie
    9.) Alex Pfieffer
    10.) Pat Mordaunt
    11.) Daijiro Yoshihara
    12.) Taka Aono
    13.) Ross Petty
    14.) JTP
    15.) Ken Gushi
    16.) Matt Powers
    17.) Stephen Verdier
    18.) Robbie Nishida
    19.) Mad Mike
    20.) Ryuji Miki

Obviously, this list is my opinion but I think after the top 5 my list went downhill because I didn't know where to classify the other drivers. All the drivers are great in their own unique way. Taka in his rolla. Steph in his subaru. JR makes hella smoke in his mustang. Pat is so young & talented. Robbie has a great personality & he's so humble & will be drifting the awesome GT-R. Matt has his flushed S14. Ross is lives the BOSO life, drifts amazingly & builds great drift cars. etc, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    I can appreciate what you're trying to do here but personally I don't think you can create a "worlds" list that includes international drivers when some of these international guys haven't faced US guys or vice versa. Or, some drivers who haven't done too well when they've come to our turf.

Take Mad Mike for instance..he sure doesn't suck but when he has been up against our talent he hasn't made it too far but he makes #7?

And why is there no Vaughn Gittin Jr.? Granted you couldn't have known he was going to win Long Beach before you made this list. But despite his lack of wins hes easily one of the most consistent drivers in American drifting and is still the only guy to beat the D1 guys. Not saying Vaughn should be #1 but he should definitely be on the list.

And no Tanner or Sam? Both guys are two-time FD champs and both have tons of experience taking on Japanese drivers.

I know you spent a lot of time compiling this list but I think you left out some important names.

I was trying to make a world list not a Formula D list. I honestly do not care if a driver has beaten Americans. I'm impressed with a strategy of being dominant in your own series.

Sam finished in fourth which isn't bad but not good enough to be considered the best. He also changed chassis, now granted long beach has come and gone I cannot put a driver on the list who finished less then third and then built a brand new car in 3 months.

Tanner was hard to keep off the list because he was basically coming back with the same setup. But with a 6th place finish plus all the series hes involved with in the USA or Europe I feel he has alot on his plate...maybe too much.

JR is one of my favorite drivers period. But seriously he needs to make a better habit of finishing his battles. Even though I felt he got robbed @ irwindale last year its still another situation of JR not being able to not leave it up so much to the judges. I'm glad he is doing good so far and if he keeps it up he could land in the mid year report.

Mad mike did very good in the formula D asia events. Which included drivers like Miki, and Djan

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Bebop; 04-12-2010, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigGameHit
    replied
    cool stuff

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    I can appreciate what you're trying to do here but personally I don't think you can create a "worlds" list that includes international drivers when some of these international guys haven't faced US guys or vice versa. Or, some drivers who haven't done too well when they've come to our turf.

Take Mad Mike for instance..he sure doesn't suck but when he has been up against our talent he hasn't made it too far but he makes #7?

And why is there no Vaughn Gittin Jr.? Granted you couldn't have known he was going to win Long Beach before you made this list. But despite his lack of wins hes easily one of the most consistant drivers in American drifting and is still the only guy to beat the D1 guys. Not saying Vaughn should be #1 but he should definitely be on the list.

And no Tanner or Sam? Both guys are two-time FD champs and both have tons of experience taking on Japanese drivers.

I know you spent a lot of time compiling this list but I think you left out some important names.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Saw mike hanging out with his girlfirend? on sat @ long beach

seemed to be in good spirits.

just a little bit of history, in 08 Rhys Millen did not show up to long beach due to his back injury but ended up 3rd overall and won the $$triple crown$$

all is not lost for those who did not make it to the big show

Leave a comment:

• YOitzJDM
    replied
    Some more fun facts:

mad mike was the 3rd best red bull driver at fdlb
    6th best Mazda driver
    12th best on Falken tires
    7th best fd rookie / long beach virgin

I think the hype machine on mad mike is dead.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    I know its alot of text, and I didnt mean to go all speedhunters on you guys. But you might want to read the explanations.

For Phil, I stated the fact that there are alot of sanctioning bodies in the UK. But most drivers consider EDC the best. That's Why I ranked him, he won that series.

Leave a comment:

• boxmod
    replied
    Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

And Phil is the EDC champion, he must be doing something right.
    not saying anything about him directly, but if you had a pro series in like... brazil, there isnt much talent there, but the guy that wins would be the best of the not so good. not saying EDC doesnt have talent, but i dont know if its the same level as FD talent, so being the champ doesnt put you into top 10 of the world.

i dont have anything against that series or Phil, just making a point.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    i will be at formula d tommorow, if you want to talk drifting feel free to say hi

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    thanks for the feeback

ae86 fan and jdm, this is made off of preseason outlook, mad mike and ryan did very good at the end of the season in 09 and tuerck made very little changes to his machine which is top notch IMO.

like i said, Mad Mike will need to do good in the next 3 events to stay on this list.

And Phil is the EDC champion, he must be doing something right.

Keep the feedback coming

Leave a comment:

• YOitzJDM
    replied
    Hey Blaze...

your number 7 driver on the list can't even make top 32 in Long Beach.... is he still in your top 32? he looked pretty crap-tacular at FD!

And Phil Morrison? is this based on internet hype or actual driving?! that guy isn't too good, from what I hear.

Leave a comment:

• AE86_Fan
    replied
    the only thing i dont agree with on the list is the Tuerck is #1... i think you are jumping the gun a little bit on this... while i admit he does belong in the top 5, he is definitely not #1.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    I do this all for the love of the sport!!

I'm heading to long beach right now, after i buy another cell phone... cracked out on me at the job site lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X