Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (LIVE-VIDEO FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Long Beach

(LIVE-VIDEO FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Long Beach

YoParts would like to know what the fans are looking for so please post your feedback on this thread.

LIVE-VIDEO PAGE @ DRIFTING.com
    http://drifting.com/live/

Is good for long range drift fans...but the transfer rate(Kbps).slow..

Comment

Livestream was good on PC/Mac, but the mobile stream didn't work for me...

Maybe a list of phones the mobile stream will work with. I'm on a BB Tour.

Comment

i tried the mobile stream when i was at the event, and it didn't work.

Comment

for the first time i though it was amazing. I really didnt expect the graphics, announcer, and multiple angles! Instant Replay was awesome too!

I thought I was going to watch some webcam, aimed at the track, just waiting to see cars.

The accuracy of the graphics will help (sometimes the judging results goofed) and then the issue of lag that people complained about, it seemed pretty dang good for the first try and tollerable. its also awesome that the ondemand is up so you can watch it later if you miss/cant stay.

Just need to keep the audio linked up (sometimes J-Rod was unplugged from feed) and then work on camera angle timing (sometimes it was delayed/wouldnt change angles).

but I thought overall it was excellent and very appreciated

Comment

Whole event was awesome I just have two suggestions:

1. Make the mobile stream work for windows mobile

2. Get another video screen and point it at general admission

J-Rod was pretty damn funny this year too..unrelated but yeah just thought I should pepper that in.

Comment

We have noticed that some people have had trouble viewing the feed, we are in the process of trying to fine a solution that would provide a better experience for the viewer.

Originally posted by en6381 View Post
              Is good for long range drift fans...but the transfer rate(Kbps).slow..

Comment

Regarding the mobile app, we did find it didn't work on all phones. We are investigating the limits of the mobile app. We will update here with any new info.

Originally posted by captainNEO View Post
                Livestream was good on PC/Mac, but the mobile stream didn't work for me...

Maybe a list of phones the mobile stream will work with. I'm on a BB Tour.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback, I will share your thoughts with our production team. We will do our best to solve these issues for the next event in Atlanta.

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
                  for the first time i though it was amazing. I really didnt expect the graphics, announcer, and multiple angles! Instant Replay was awesome too!

I thought I was going to watch some webcam, aimed at the track, just waiting to see cars.

The accuracy of the graphics will help (sometimes the judging results goofed) and then the issue of lag that people complained about, it seemed pretty dang good for the first try and tollerable. its also awesome that the ondemand is up so you can watch it later if you miss/cant stay.

Just need to keep the audio linked up (sometimes J-Rod was unplugged from feed) and then work on camera angle timing (sometimes it was delayed/wouldnt change angles).

but I thought overall it was excellent and very appreciated

Comment

I was at the event and even logged onto the live stream from my hotel room where I could see the track and cars. The feed was spot on. No delays what so ever.

However, I tried the mobile stream with my iPhone from the stands to no avail. I would love to have that as an option. Please figure it out for the future events.

Comment

Is there anything that we didn't do enough of? To much of? OR was there anything that we didn't do that you would have liked to see us do as a segment or feature ?

We appreciate any and all feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftstreamFM View Post
                        Is there anything that we didn't do enough of? To much of? OR was there anything that we didn't do that you would have liked to see us do as a segment or feature ?

We appreciate any and all feedback.
                        The Top 16 is a priority and from what I saw so far it was done very well.
                        Now I don't have to resort to watching fan videos on youtube.

Comment

Alex, glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for your feedback.

Originally posted by alex View Post
                          The Top 16 is a priority and from what I saw so far it was done very well.
                          Now I don't have to resort to watching fan videos on youtube.

Comment

I tried to watch Friday qualifying on my iPhone (on 3G not wifi) and it worked intermittently. I was only able to stream for a couple of minutes and would then lose the feed. After a while, it just stopped working altogether.

Comment

Your right on the button about the mobile app, we are definitely going to have to shake that down and work out the kinks. We will let you know once we have app that we are confident in.

Originally posted by NismoP10 View Post
                              I tried to watch Friday qualifying on my iPhone (on 3G not wifi) and it worked intermittently. I was only able to stream for a couple of minutes and would then lose the feed. After a while, it just stopped working altogether.

Comment

Working...
                              X