Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREDRIC AASBO, 4th @ FORMULA DRIFT Rd. #1 2010

FREDRIC AASBO, 4th @ FORMULA DRIFT Rd. #1 2010

Norwegian Drifter Fredric Aasbo, FSR Motorsport Creations and Japan Auto take sensational fourth place at Formula DRIFT: Streets of Long Beach, CA!

"- A prime example of being wicked awesome!", Formula DRIFT judge Tony Angelo said in front of the packed Long Beach crowd. He then continued on to say, "- That dude is a Magician!"

The 52 competing teams at the season opener proved the most diverse driver field of Formula DRIFT ever. Still, Fredric Aasbo and the FSR Motorsport Creations Japan Auto team took out top names such as 2009 Formula DRIFT Champion Chris Forsberg in the NOS Energy Drink/MAXXIS Tire Nissan 350Z on their way to the final four at Formula DRIFT Round 1: Streets of Long Beach on April 9th and 10th. Leaving just three of the factory team heavy hitters such as Falken Tire's own Vaughn Gittin Jr., Rhys Millen and Tanner Foust before him on the podium, Fredric had the crowd going crazy over his super wide and consistent runs throughout the competition.

"- You brought style back to Formula DRIFT", Andy Yen, Official Judge of Formula DRIFT, commented after the tense battles.

Shaking off the outstanding first time outing with the new team, Fredric Aasbo and FSR Motorsport Creations are back in the shop preparing the Japan Auto FSR Toyota Supra for further Formula DRIFT competition. The team is currently working hard toget the funding in place to compete at Formula DRIFT Round 2: Road to the Championship in Braselton, GA on May 7th-8th.

"- I am speechless", Fredric Aasbo responded when asked about his inital feelings after the finals. "- As a rookie that came all the way from Norway, I just can't emphasize how much I appreciate all the support and kind words we got from the crowd and fans around the world. The Japan Auto and FSR Motorsport Creations team held it together all the way through the finals, and the new Falken RT-615K tires gave me the grip and confidence to go all out in every run. We will do EVERYTHING in our power tobe able to go at it at Road Atlanta in less than a month!"

Fredric Aasbo is two time Nordic Drifting Series Champion representing Japan Auto, FSR Motorsport Creations, PBC Auto, BS Bildeler, CRC, Panvulk, KRB Trading, Comp Turbo, Kimmit Sport Racing, Adaptronic, ImportTech, Agip, EBC Brakes, Brakes Norge, Nuke Performance, Auto-Sign, BlackBox Media and SWR Performance Engineering in Formula DRIFT - the world's premier drifting series.

For further information (in English or in Norwegian) and partner inquiries please get in touch with the team at http://www.fredricaasbo.com/contact

For a short fan video from Formula DRIFT: Streets of Long Beach, please check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_P_wR46BY

For high resolution pictures, please visit http://www.flickr.com/fredricaasbo

mate Incredible run at long Beach, well done, hope you will get to compete at the rest of the events
    leon Styles

Comment

Please make it out to road atlanta!

Comment

That driving was steamy, I was impressed. Nice to see a Supra out for a change.

Comment

Awesome out there Fredric. Just Awesome!!

Comment

Fredric "Magician" Aasbo sounds sick to me! i hope.. hell i wanna see Magician at round 2. it will be targedy if Aasbo dont make it to round 2.

Comment

I hope he was cammed up incar

one side of the pavement to the other... full lock full throttle

Comment

^ Yeah that was freaking sick!

Comment

Thank you so much, guys! We just went out there doing what we love the most, and getting all the positive feedback at the event and after has made me all speechless in the last days. Thank you!

Also BIG thanks go out to FSR Motorsport Creations and Japan Auto who made the car the best ride I ever had.

We are working hard to get the funding sorted to do Round 2, Atlanta, and we still have miles to go to get the funds to do it. We are on a shoestring budget, but we will keep pushing and do our very best to be able to make the trek over to Road Atlanta! If anybody has any suggestions or leads for us for partners/sponsors/individuals to work with to help get the funding, please let us know (http://www.fredricaasbo.com/contact).

Big congrats to JR for the amazing win and fellow European James Deane for being Super Consistent in the Falken S15!

By the way a lot of guys asked us how much power we make, and it's 396 hp and about 400+ ft/lbs of torque to the rear wheels.

A short story from the event is available here: http://fredricaasbo.com/sensational-...at-long-beach/

Thanks again guys,
                  Fredric
                  Last edited by halllon; 04-14-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

WOW man thats awesome!! I wasnt there, but I heard you impressed a lot of people with your driving. I really hope you can make it to all of the rounds.

p.s. what kind of management are you running?? (ecu)

Comment

I got the privilege of watching you drive this wknd, I’ll honestly say I’ve never watched you drive before. I instantly became a fan the way you make it look easy and on the gas around the clipping points. It made me want to get back out their and hit the track just from watching you. Hopefully you’ll be at round 7 so I can see you drive again.

Comment

slideways2004: Thank you! We are getting closer to do Atlanta every day now... Right now we are running an Autronic SM4 management in the Japan Auto FSR Supra.

FC13BT: Thanks! We are very focused on setting up the car to allow for a full throttle driving style. Furthermore, we are working closely with the FSR Motorsport Creations team to make key upgrades to the car. Also, we have a few clear practice points for my driving to make for a better package!

By the way, Irwindale is LEGENDARY and we will do our best to get out there, that's for sure.

By the way, we will be down in Long Beach this weekend cheering on the Team Drift guys - hope see you there!

Thanks,
                        F

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6UcT64Mnwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6UcT64Mnwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Dude this guy was so good. Falken needs to put him in some teal and blue and hook him up because this guy is talented.

Comment

I'm a fan already, those Youtube videos were impressive. I'm glad to see a Supra out there, and it's such a clean car. Congrats to you!! And although I'm supportive of a sponsorship, Falken's color scheme is so fail, I wouldn't want it on the Supra. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X