Intro and a few Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro and a few Q's

Hey all, I'm the newest junky on the boards so I figured I'd drop a line and say whats up. I'm up in Northern California (near Sacramento) and have been slippin and slidin for a few months now in a '95 Mirage LS. I"ve gotten pretty good in parking lots and country backroads but, according to everything I've read I need a FR machine to partake in some truelly rightous drifting.

I wanna be down with that!

I'm savin my $$ up (trying to anyways) for another ride and have been browsing cars online a little. I really like the Silvia's but can't find jack in my area, let alone in the west coast. I've thought about importing one but I don't wanna deal with the steering wheel on the wrong side BS. I'm thinking of doing the whole 240 with the conversion thing, any advice?

Hey man.

Just some advice, you could purchase a S13 Silvia for about 2 or 3 thousand from a engine importer, but its going to cost you something around 10k to try to legalize it.

Get your self a 240sx and convert it at your leasure. Unless your a rich mother and you want to buy a new S15, legalized i've seen them go for like 30k or so.

Comment

I don't see how you can't find an S13 on the west coast. Are you looking for a coupe or something? They're really common around LA.

Comment

Yes be lucky your on the west coast, this is import land. S13s are not hard to find. Coupes can be abit expensive, but not too bad.

Comment

guess I need to look harder

I've been looking in places like autotrader.com and such and I haven't really come across anything. Any tips on where to look?

Comment

everywere. Autotrader has tons of S13s, autotrader.com is a good resource, search for 300 miles. Check around town, Ask people you know. ect..

Comment

Working...
            X