LS1 240SX Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.wrench-pro.com

Man i really want to build my next drift car with an LS1. I know the basic steps to do the swap and the fabrication that it needs. I just got my shop in February and funds are low to do this build this year. you can probably find a local shop on silviav8forums.com. Here's another idea for a video, what about a how to video on RHD conversion? We do those all day here at wrench-pro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Duc Wrenchpro View Post
      Man i really want to build my next drift car with an LS1. I know the basic steps to do the swap and the fabrication that it needs. I just got my shop in February and funds are low to do this build this year. you can probably find a local shop on silviav8forums.com. Here's another idea for a video, what about a how to video on RHD conversion? We do those all day here at wrench-pro.com

that sounds interesting,

so far DRIFTING.com has released 11 DVD's since 2007
      these are the other projects that we need to knock out..

-Engine Tuning (Volume #2)
      -Car Painting
      -Suspension Tuning

Comment

.. and possibly a roll cage and welding dvd

Comment

Silviav8forums.com is a decent site. There are a lot of people who have never built anything that will give out mis-info or argue with you though, and sometimes the information is a bit sketch. Anyone who sponsors the site gets to be unaccouptable, so its kinda sketchy.

I will say this. If I was to build another LS1240 and not do my own mounts, SIKKY has an excellent product, and to be honest with wording, they are also the only people I would have even the slightest bit of trust with money, to get things done in a timely fashion, or at all. I've heard horror stories about Daft, and a bunch of other come/go companies, and I have absolutely nothing positive to say about Hinson Supercars, and would absolutely not recommend them.

INFO, If you wanna put a swap kit together, you may wanna get in touch with Sikky and have them point you in the right direction of someone they know knows how to build cars, that is using their kit. If you wanna sell a DVD so that anyone can watch it and do the swap, the Sikky kits are the only ones that I've never seen people have to modify/wait 2 years to show up/have someone redo the wiring. Their kits are absolutely spot on and awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
            Silviav8forums.com is a decent site. There are a lot of people who have never built anything that will give out mis-info or argue with you though, and sometimes the information is a bit sketch. Anyone who sponsors the site gets to be unaccouptable, so its kinda sketchy.

I will say this. If I was to build another LS1240 and not do my own mounts, SIKKY has an excellent product, and to be honest with wording, they are also the only people I would have even the slightest bit of trust with money, to get things done in a timely fashion, or at all. I've heard horror stories about Daft, and a bunch of other come/go companies, and I have absolutely nothing positive to say about Hinson Supercars, and would absolutely not recommend them.

INFO, If you wanna put a swap kit together, you may wanna get in touch with Sikky and have them point you in the right direction of someone they know knows how to build cars, that is using their kit. If you wanna sell a DVD so that anyone can watch it and do the swap, the Sikky kits are the only ones that I've never seen people have to modify/wait 2 years to show up/have someone redo the wiring. Their kits are absolutely spot on and awesome.

their swap kit looks very nice

the feature that we are scheduling is not basic

what is the most complicated step for their basic swap? where do people make the most mistakes?

Comment

While LS1 is pretty awesome power/wieght/size packaging it does have a big downfall in the oiling system. Getting oil back to the pan isn't a strong point on a LS1. Combine this with a front-sump pan and you've got problems. An Accusump or similar is a necessity on a drift car that anyone will actually be putting the hammer down on. If you drive like the average person, and modulate and adjust a lot you can probably be fine, but hammer down with no Accusump is asking for trouble. Took me a while to learn this, and I lost interest in LS1 240's before finishing the new one.

Mounting kits. I've read countless stories about people ordering Daft with year + wait times, terrible customer service, and having to modify the parts. Hinson purchases from what I've seen and experienced 1st hand are nearly always a mistake.

Wiring. People get in over their head. I'm guilty of it. Theres not really a good free resource on wiring yet,and no FSM to walk you thru it.

What does not basic mean? You've putting a Corvette engine in a Nissan..

Honestly Stewart Leask/Aaron Losey's setups are pretty much way to go. Simple engine work (Cam + Bolt ons), dead reliable when maintained, can drift anything.

You don't need 700rwhp twin-turbo on 235's to drift. Stew/Aarons cars are a prime example of a stockish bottomend, simple valvetrain upgrades, seat time, that result in a solid, reliable car that can drift anything you throw at it.

Comment

Well put

But dont some corvettes and a few GM trucks come with a accusump from the factory?

Comment

"What does not basic mean? You've putting a Corvette engine in a Nissan.."

the swap that we plan to feature has a supercharged LS2 and an upgraded transmission that requires a custom drive-shaft

Comment

we plan to film next month

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      Well put

But dont some corvettes and a few GM trucks come with a accusump from the factory?
                      The Z06 has a single stage dry sump.

Originally posted by INFO View Post
                      "What does not basic mean? You've putting a Corvette engine in a Nissan.."

the swap that we plan to feature has a supercharged LS2 and an upgraded transmission that requires a custom drive-shaft
                      Any Ls1 swap requires a custom drive-shaft...not really following you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                        The Z06 has a single stage dry sump.

Any Ls1 swap requires a custom drive-shaft...not really following you there.

this drive shaft is not offered from a swap kit, it is not an existing product

Comment

LS1 240SX Swap Kit Info

Swap and Mount Kit

<strong>Sikky Swap Kit</strong>
                          <a href="http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=36&catid=12">http://www.sikky.com/view_item.php?id=36&catid=12</a>

Oil Pan
                          Motor and Transmission Mounts
                          Driveshaft
                          Headers
                          Wiring Harness
                          Power Steering Lines

<strong>Hinson Super Cars Mount Kit</strong>
                          <a href="http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/s-625-lsx-v8-mounting-equipment.aspx">http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/s-625-lsx-v8-mounting-equipment.aspx</a>

<strong>McKinney Motorsports Mount Kit</strong>
                          <a href="http://mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_LSXX+S13-S14+SWAP">http://mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_LSXX+S13-S14+SWAP</a>

Comment

is this compatible with Ls7 engines also? Or any other LS engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Ckmatsu View Post
                              We will forward your question to Sikky. BTW, Who is doing your wiring? And you have you purchased your headers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ckmatsu View Post

Update From Sikky Referring to a 240SX Swap
                                Yes it is compatible with just about any LS series engine, including some of the truck versions like the LQ9.

The new LS3 from the 2010 Camaro has a different oil pump and front cover but you can just switch these parts out for LS2 parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X