No announcement yet.

Top 32, Formula Drift Washington 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, I understand that it is a "SUBJECTIVE" sport. I'm a Skateboarder and Snowboarder from way back so I know the deal. I've been around this deal for a while too. From the stands to the track, the judging/spotting tower, to live internet feed and I can say that I know what they(the judges) are seeing.
    Anything can be called for any number of reasons. I was simply pointing out the MOST BLATANT of IDIOTIC CALLS by the judges.
    Really, if there is no consistency in the judging then eventually there will be NO SPECTATOR base to cater to. There will always be the "NEW" crowd of fans to fool into pouring money into the "machine" but once they catch on and figure out what they are supposed to be watching and know how to judge for themselves then THEY TOO will be totally turned off by the OBVIOUS lack of concern which the judges have been showing for their rulings.
    I have my own drivers that I would like to see do well but I also view ALL the runs totally subjectively. GOOD IS GOOD, and CRAP IS CRAP no matter the driver, car, sponsor, etc.
    GET A CLUE!

Comment

Completely agree with that.

I know that is not always going to be the way I think it should be. and i actually think that this judges are much better qualify than me to judge this event. There were a quite a few runs that i didn't agree on the judges decision, but the one that bothers me is that run with Tanner and Forrest. I think forrest won that one, even though i wanted Tanner to win it just not fare. As far as I know when i driver spins out, that driver automatically have the disadvantage. I didn't see any big mistake from forrest to call a OMT.

I am really disappointed in the judging, this whole season i seem calls that i don't agree on, but that one just pissed me off.

Comment

I think the judging criteria needs some serious work.

Not the judges.

Then again they make the rules so they are just putting more work on them selves.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          I think the judging criteria needs some serious work.

Not the judges.

Then again they make the rules so they are just putting more work on them selves.
          No I think the Criteria is fine its the JUDGING that needs the work. Like actually paying attention to the driving and being objective in the calls they make. Whatever excuses are handed down from ON HIGH there is no denying some of the botched calls. And just as a note:
          1- I felt that this round was the only one in which Mike Whiddet actually deserved the win, so its not like I'm showing some sort of favoratism.
          2- I felt that the call in favor of Konstantinov over Grunewald was entirely deserved. Conrad tried to play it safe and drove like he expected the win instead of actually trying. Nikolay drove like he wanted the win.
          3- Wang VS. Foust- don't get me started. If Tanner had actually deserved two OMT's do you think he won the round on merrit? If Forrest had spun on run number 1 he would have been OUT without a OMT. Hmmm....
          4-Even though Petty was the one to hit Takatori he STILL drove better.
          5-Don't know HOW MANY times Doug has to ask what's up with Cyrus's car when it's been said over the radio about a dozen times that "HE LOST HIS GEARBOX". Damn I heard it over the live feed each time. DUDE listen up.
          5.5- I quit watching after top 32 eliminations because I was so disgusted.

My opinions really don't mean squat to FD. I'm just another schlub from the 'net blasting their work. If others feel the same then MAYBE they might listen. But probably not.

Comment

There are rules that contradict other rules in the judging criteria that create these results. These judges are almost literally flipping a coin when it comes to choosing a winner.

Driver A did this wrong so driver B should get the win

Then again...

Driver B did this wrong so driver A should get the win

Two much criteria for 3 dudes to digest with so many critics.

Comment

There should be a 30 second rule for making a decision. if you can't pick a winner in 30 seconds, then pick OMT. Unless there's something that requires replay (like determining who caused an accident or whether someone dropped too many wheels off course)

Comment

hahahaha

then we will really have some pissed off folk

Comment

In all seriousness, the calls were fair enough, but the OMT's have got to stop.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but there were a lot of OMT's that didn't really need to happen.

The biggest reason I'm upset about this is I was watching the livefeed and got really hungry. When the race was over not only did Cole Trickle NOT hit the pace car, but also Arby's, and all the Fried Chicken places were closed 5 minutes before I got to them, and that is really all I wanted out of my life right then.

Comment

I totally agree, if the fried chicken can't be a clear winner over the Arby's within 30 seconds then Cole Trickle needs to be given a OMT so that it can be determined whether he dropped 1 tire or 3 while on his chase lap with the pace car.

Comment

Working...
                    X