(TV FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Versus Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (TV FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Versus Coverage

Did anyone catch the long beach episode on versus today? I'm curious to see everyone's feedback.

The good

Jarod and Ryan did good job with the commentary.

I loved some of the angles they filmed with (over head stuff)

Segments with JR at the fantasy factory was great

The Bad

I saw little to no hype about this from FD on this sight and other places on the internet. I didnt even know it was coming on and i happened to be channel surfing and caught it. Formula D, you have to do a better job on getting the word out on this type of stuff.

The WORST thing to me about the episode was i was checking it out in HD and the audio did not match their mouths. It felt like i was watching an old karate flick dubbed into english. For this i was a little embarrassed as it looked very "unfinished."

What did everyone else think?
    Last edited by Swing Kid; 08-29-2010, 07:57 PM.

I watched the Drift Stream live coverage but I would like to check out the tv show next time it airs

Comment

too short

thats all I got to say, but not much they can do about it.

Did anyone catch F1 spa this morning, now that was entertainment.

McLaren are straight up ratards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5GlL1_Ljg

Comment

I had FD as a season pass on my Tivo, so it just picked up where it left off last year (thankfully!). I wasn't going to post about this yet because I was hoping the season would get better... Let's just say the first 2 episodes were a step down from last year.

The audio thing was the first thing I noticed, and it really bothered me.

The other thing I noticed was when they recapped top 32, they would cut from entering the 1st turn to exiting the 2nd turn... so the car would go from entering a right hander to exiting a left hander. I know the LB track like the back of my hand, and it was hard for me to follow.

I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet (it's sitting on my tivo), but the first 2 shows were a step down. I heard that it's a new production company doing the show this year, it looks like they are trying some new things, and I don't think they are working. I hope they go back to some of the "tried and true" things from the last shows.

Comment

07 or what ever year they had the 1 hour show on ESPN 2

That was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            07 or what ever year they had the 1 hour show on ESPN 2

That was the best.
            yep. even the commentators were good

Comment

too short

thats all I got to say, but not much they can do about it.

Did anyone catch F1 spa this morning, now that was entertainment.

McLaren are straight up ratards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5GlL1_Ljg

Wow! Is it possible to take a clip of a race more out of context? Clearly I know why your on a drifting forum and not posting on a F1 board. You should wait until the last possible second to switch tires in F1 which McLaren did. Lewis Hamilton missed or was unable to stop in the braking zone of one turn on a 44 lap circuit once. He also still easily won the race and never lost the lead from Lap 1 really.

The only reason Jenson Button didn't finish in the top 5 is because RBR's Vettel crashed into him on a straightaway and caused radiator damage. This can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y28dTDMD_sE

Needless to mention Ferrari and the disaster they had this weekend..... Alonso spun himself out and crashed into the barriers giving himself no points for the weekend. I love how of all negative things you to say about the race you pick something to say about the team who won the race and regained the lead in the drivers championship. On a side note, they would of gained the constructors championship lead back but Vettel crashed Button so they retain a small lead. Did you watch the whole race or just the last 5 laps?

Comment

...sweetcars

Didn'T see this earlier, but I was (and I thought clearly) just playing. If you were on the F1 forums you would know I'm a die hard second generation Mclaren fan.

but anywho, just a reminder,

FD on versus @ 1pm pacific

Comment

I didn't know about this either until today! I was on FDs site looking at the standings and when I went back to the home page I saw the FD on versus ad which I didn't believe until I clicked on it and saw the schedule! FD WTF?!?!?

Besides that like everyone here I wish it was longer.

I liked how at the beginning they talk about the previous event before the show started.

Comment

For those of you that don't go to our website, reminder our show is this Sunday again, 1pm PST

Comment

Episode is on in 15 mins on speed, dont know if its new or not.

I need two TVs lol

Comment

Episode is on in 15 mins on speed, dont know if its new or not.

I need two TVs lol
                        DVR is recording both D1 on Speed and FD on VS

Comment

I will be honest... I don't really watch this show, because compared to the events its pretty boring and compared to the live feed its poorly detailed.

They only showed the top 8 tandem runs . This year alot of good drivers spent hard earned money to get to these events and only 8 of them get on TV? What does a team have to do to get a bit of air time!?!? I feel sorry for the guys who didn't get into today's episode because for alot of them it was their best round. Not going to name any names because I don't want any of the negativity that comes with my name to shine down upon them but just look at the bracket. All of the top 8 drivers except for Ian Fournier(R32) have major sponsors that support FD.... not saying that's why they were there, just find it a little ironic.

We all know that the commentating is done at a later date since Ryan is working the event and J-Rod MCs live. But you cant announce every single run with the same exact enthusiasm. Dmac vs Foust, that was the battle of the year. But it was announced like it was Vaughn vs Powers, the same emotion same tone. And that was a OMT battle, did we get to see the previous run?Nope, I don't even think they announced it as a OMT battle (correct me if I'm wrong).

Murray Walker, have you guys heard of him. Well regardless, take the red eye to England. Drag him out and dust him off from what ever hole you find is a#@ in. But be careful because he a old British geezer, he don't take no crap. After you get his gears going and the cobwebs out, shove in a FD dvd let him watch it and pick his brain for ideas to boost the commentary up. Get some tips from him, hell bring him down and let him call a couple rounds. Dudes the greatest motorsports commentator of all time!

Coming from someone that went to the event, this episode didn't hold a candle to what really happened that weekend .
                          Last edited by Bebop; 11-07-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I'm sick of every shot being a birds eye. bring the camera close up to the clips for gods sake. It's like they've never seen an Option video. Simple rule of thumb, show the cars sideways at all times. No one cares to see an angle of the rear of the vehicles drifting away from the camera with the rear car blocking the view of the lead car. Show pride in you work editors.

When D-Mac crashes you can clearly see a camera man with a big a$$* rig right behind the wall. Why was the shot not shown?
                            Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-07-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X