Robbie Nishida For 2011??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Nishida For 2011??

I was going to bring this topic up much earlier but didn't want to ruffle any feathers. But wrecked already broke the news, so now I don't feel real bad about opening my mouth about it...

So it looks like Robbie Nishida Might be running with another team in 2011.

If you have followed the sport the last 3 or 4 years you can see this man is a serious championship threat with the right machine and backing. And with the Gruppe S shoving him in to a underdeveloped chassis giving him almost zero hope for a good 2010 season, there is a good chance he might not be returning to the team.

So the question I will ask is what team or situation you would want him to end up with or in coming into 2010. On the pole I put together a list of teams IMO can realistically support him. If you think of another team please vote other and tell us why.
    Staying with Hankook/Gruppe S
    33.33%
    With Falken East (ASD)
    5.26%
    With Falken West (SPD)
    10.53%
    With LS Auto/Maxxis
    5.26%
    With Intec Racing
    3.51%
    With AEM/Rockstar
    5.26%
    With Apexi/Hankook
    8.77%
    With RS*R/Scion
    1.75%
    Full Time D1GP
    14.04%
    Other
    12.28%
    Last edited by Bebop; 09-06-2010, 10:46 PM.

He should buy my sc300 and run that in FD.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Doesn't he have one in japan?

That would be a pretty rad idea, FD needs some big Toyota's in the series!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer View Post
        He should buy my sc300 and run that in FD.
        This is actually a pretty good idea. But I wonder if he wants to start his own program. He wont have much trouble getting sponsors but it is still a little harder to do than driving for someone.

Comment

I have a feeling that he's going to stay in the GT-R for '11. However, if things don't change by the end of the year, I would expect him to run as a Privateer next year. Just a feeling I get and have no real information to back up my claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            I would expect him to run as a Privateer next year.
            Even though it would be cool to see Robbie run things his way on his own, I don't think its a viable idea from a driver who lives in japan.

For this too work he would need to either:

#1 Move to America

#2 Find a serious sponsor in Japan who wants to get into the US market.

#3 Pull a Mad Mike by gathering sponsors that are already based on both sides of the sea and find a shop to maintain/support/ and transport the vehicle in the US.

It takes alot to run a team on your own and I can just imagine it being 10X harder doing it from the other side of the planet.Imagine working all day and having to call up sponsors at 2-4 in the morning.

One thing he really has going for him is that he speaks english. Alot of skilled drivers from japan have fell off the map in FD... and I personally think communication has been the issue. Yeah, you can hire a team manager to get some of this stuff done, you just got to hope he has the same amount of passion as you do.

Some of you might not believe this, but I hope Nishida finds it in his heart to stay with dynamic. They have serious potential to be a good team, and even though I doubt they will admit it they probably got a real late start getting things together for 2010 and it all fell down after that. But if he doesn't come back, I wont blame him either.

It will be a damn shame if all that potential goes to waste.
            Last edited by Bebop; 09-07-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              Even though it would be cool to see Robbie run things his way on his own, I don't think its a viable idea from a driver who lives in japan.

For this too work he would need to either:

#1 Move to America

#2 Find a serious sponsor in Japan who wants to get into the US market.

#3 Pull a Mad Mike by gathering sponsors that are already based on both sides of the sea and find a shop to maintain/support/ and transport the vehicle in the US.

It takes alot to run a team on your own and I can just imagine it being 10X harder doing it from the other side of the planet.Imagine working all day and having to call up sponsors at 2-4 in the morning.

One thing he really has going for him is that he speaks english. Alot of skilled drivers from japan have fell off the map in FD... and I personally think communication has been the issue. Yeah, you can hire a team manager to get some of this stuff done, you just got to hope he has the same amount of passion as you do.

Some of you might not believe this, but I hope Nishida finds it in his heart to stay with dynamic. They have serious potential to be a good team, and even though I doubt they will admit it they probably got a real late start getting things together for 2010 and it all fell down after that. But if he doesn't come back, I wont blame him either.

It will be a damn shame if all that potential goes to waste.
              I have a ton of passion and am a great communicator, maybe I can be his team manager (actually, that would be awesome, but probably be unrealistic).

I do believe if he can stay with Hankook (which he already has plenty of time and experience with), I think being a privateer with his skill and the following he has with his fans, he will be more successful than others.

Comment

personally i think robbie should stay with gruppe s... i just think they tried to do something with the GT-r too soon.

i personally would have put him in a 370z, and developed a killer program around that. with the money they are spending behind the scenes trying to "dial in" the gtr, they could have already had the z up to goliath potential. robbie as a driver probably would have been more comfortable in the seat, the car would have probably seemed more familiar, and most of the R and D for that motor has already been done by other companies, it would have just been more about fine tuning the feel of the car, and suspension... instead of trying to BUILD a car from ground up to do something as unorthodox as drifting.

but thats just my thought. or should i say 2 cent.

Comment

Robbie had another tough qualifying session in the GTR!!

Will this be the top story of the off season?

Comment

Robbie is a world class drifter. I think right now the team and himself are still just trying to dial in that GTR. It's a new chassis they are running and something no one else is drifting this year. It's a learning process for him and their team. I don't think he will leave the team but i do believe it is another learning process and this is just another rumor.

Comment

Robbie is a hell of a driver.. I do not know what going on behind the seen, ""but"' GTR should be dialed in by now.... In a top flight car he could run in the top 3/5 all the time.. Hope he get what he needs to do well...........

Comment

Working...
                      X