92 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 240

ok im new on the forum and i have a huge question to ask you. what do you think is the problem is when i press the gas and it starts to go but hesatates but the more gas i give the faster it reacts? your help would really be appreciated.

Re: 92 240

Originally posted by rossi
    ok im new on the forum and i have a huge question to ask you. what do you think is the problem is when i press the gas and it starts to go but hesatates but the more gas i give the faster it reacts? your help would really be appreciated.
    Are you talking about "KNOCKING" noise?

Comment

nah its more like it doesnt want to move when i give it a little gas it takes alot to move the car im thinkin bad clutch or fuel system. (its an autimatic also)

Comment

Does it sound like an Lawnmower?

Comment

its loud but high pitched like that. it sounds like a hole in the muffler i think. the gas pedal is real hard to push if that helps any

Comment

So you apply the gas and the engine revs up but the car doesn't seem to want to go that easily, right?

If so, you might want to get it to a transmission shop or your local dealership. I assume, your tranny is going out. However, it's not cheap to replace.

Comment

it kind of feels like the transmission, but it also feels like it needs more fuel going to the engine. is the clutch for automatic the same as it is for a 5-speed?

Comment

if I understand your problem right then
                maybe your E brake is jammed or the cylinders or calipers are seized that may be the problem

Comment

o and automatics dont have clutches like standards do they have torque convertors.

put the car in nuetral and hit the gas a bit if it is running fine then its probably not the feul system.

if it were the tranny then chances are it would be making noises.
                  Last edited by Tighty_wh1tey; 03-12-2004, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah, does it rev normal in Park? Does the engine behave normal? If so, it's not the engine. However, if it stutters or is hesitant to rev up when in Park, you've got some engine issues.

Comment

it only happens when its driving and only from a stop or a very low speed

Comment

any other suggestions?

Comment

guess not

Comment

All I can think of is maybe your spark plugs or fuel pump or line or something

Comment

Have a shop look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X