No announcement yet.

Drift Problem - Night Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned the car in my previous post, not a car really but a truck. I'm currently driving an old Ford Ranger. There is road feel and I can feel it, but it's hardly what I'd call defined. I'm going to put any money into this beater; the body won't last 2 more years and it's not a drift worthy machine, i.e. not worth putting money into. It's just what I have right now and what I'm learning on. As far s the steering, I don't stare at the wheel or anything, but with 8 revolutions lock-to-lock, it's not one you can just flick your arm back and forth and drift with. It takes a bit to break the rear end loose(heavy) and it naturally wants to drift at around 30 degrees if going straight, usually a full turn or turn and a half. I don't have a problem with anything during the day, but at night it's different. Now I've hardly drifted at night, so that may be my problem. Perhaps I need to take a look at what I do differently and try to eliminate the problem.

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't be out on the touge in that thing, or even a parking lot trying to drift. With the high center of gravity, you're just asking for a rollover.

Comment

That's partly why I don't do it on pavement. Gravel's loose enough not to be a problem. Besides, it doesn't have the power for pavement. Heck, it barely has the power for gravel. All-in-all, it's a horrible vehicle for drifting. Still I play with it none-the-less. I can't wait to get another vehicle come summer, but until then, I've got this wonderful rust bucket to play with.

My only problem is that drifting's different at night. I can't put my finger on the problem yet. That's why I brought up this post. I'm fully aware of the crappiness of the vehicle in question...oh so aware, lol. I'm primarily curious about the difference between day and night drifting. I'm sure it's just a matter of practice.

Comment

Working...
        X