No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) KEN BLOCK Gymkhana Grid 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks cool, but I think the cars without rollcages would not have been allowed if they did it like this. As the series progresses, gets larger car counts, becomes more, I guess the term I could use is professional, and the cars become more dedicated, you could have rollcaged cars without a loss of potential cars and recognition.

Originally posted by verdier View Post
    For the side by side here is a quick drawing, I know it's not pretty and not to scale but that'll give you an idea of what I mean.

Comment

BTW, this guy (along with Bill Caswell) are my new auto-racing heros! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordan...78606808818703

Comes out there with his DD STI (something I thought of doing in my S12 that still needs the engine installed), did very well, and drove home. How isn't he some kid's hero?!

Comment

i thought it was a great event! i really enjoyed it. i'm sure future events will be a little more refined, but it was good. i definitely think they should have had the timer displayed though. also i was really looking forward to the rwd vs awd. it would have been a good race just for fun.
        the long down time kind of sucked, i think they should have had something going so we werent staring at an empty track for hours. whether it be more practice or go carts, just as long as it's something hahaha.

in the end i really loved it though and i'm so happy i could go. also got to stop and see some old friends on the way home. a fantastic day in my book!
        also, the people that got nailed unsuspectingly with the t-shirt cannon was priceless!!!!! black shirts+black night skies+a CO2 t-shirt cannon= several surprised people!

Comment

Thank god for the live stream! I was at a club watching it live on my phone lol

Comment

I like Stephan's idea

Its like race of champions format.

Comment

The only problem with that format is that you would HAVE to have barriers between the 2 cars, and barriers cost money..... lots of money.

The format as it exists currently is very light on costs for barriers, and can be ported to other racetracks pretty easily.

I think 1 thing that would help with the live stream is, instead of the camera following the car, have the camera focus wide on the same barrier (the turnstyle, the figure 8, the 720, etc) in a way that shows who enters first. it would take a bit of coordination between the 2 camera people, but I think it could be done pretty effectively.

Comment

Working...
              X