seats for drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats for drifting

we are contraplating the rules , seeing how and or why we can not use aluminium seats in drifting can someone clear this up for me why you cannot use aluminum seats in the formula drift rules , ?? i have gotten told you cannot so i was just wantgn to know why thank you

Originally posted by chris2low View Post
    we are contraplating the rules , seeing how and or why we can not use aluminium seats in drifting can someone clear this up for me why you cannot use aluminum seats in the formula drift rules , ?? i have gotten told you cannot so i was just wantgn to know why thank you
    Most aluminum seats are not FIA or SFI Stock Car certified. SFI standards are pretty much the $15-20K Full Containment seats you see in NASCAR stock cars made by LaJoie of Seating. FIA seats are not as containing, though. I also don't think that most aluminum seats can be mounted in a way that meets FIA standards.

However, Sabelt makes a steel seat that is FIA certified and is inexpensive. This one sold by HRP World.

Comment

thank ya for clearing this up for me !

Comment

Originally posted by chris2low View Post
        thank ya for clearing this up for me !
        No problem, it's what I do.

Comment

FYI:

The Joie Of Seating has an SFI rated aluminum seat...

Comment

Originally posted by DV19 View Post
            FYI:The Joie Of Seating has an SFI rated aluminum seat...
            Huh, thought most of theirs were either steel or carbon-fiber. DVB to the rescue

Comment

If your just doing grassroots drifting get what ever seat you want.

This FIA stuff is FD only.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                If your just doing grassroots drifting get what ever seat you want.

This FIA stuff is FD only.
                Well, if you still consider it grassroots, XDC and most feeder series for Formula Drift require at least the driver's seat be FIA/SFI certified. If not, then, yeah, most places don't care so long as you have one or two seats.

Comment

Thunderdrift and Justdrift don't require FIA seating.

But you should always be prepared if your looking foward to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    Thunderdrift and Justdrift don't require FIA seating.

But you should always be prepared if your looking foward to the next level.
                    yeh our grassroots members all; decided that they are going spec for this year , they are following most of the fd rules which my car is going to be set up through fd anyway , cause i was ganna buy an autopower cage too , but im backing out on tht and getting a spec one and having to get X doors since that rule is now applying ??

Comment

Working...
                    X