X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 more days!

Comment

I deserve 2 tickets cuz I'm wes DUH!!!

actually ill go either way dont even bother considering me. there is people more deserving..just bring me a bad mechanic shirt lol

Comment

Hi, my name is Isaac and i just turned 17. i just bought my first car, a "GHETTO" 89 HONDA CIVIC DX, IT'S STICK SHIFT (WAY BETTER THAN AUTOMATIC) but i bought it with my own money so i'm proud, i worked hard for it. It's hard to do that without any parents help. Ive always been into cars, i remember my older bro talking to me about cars as early as when i was 8 years old. I would watch movies and shows about cars but now more recently i've have been watching realistic shows, episodes, and documentaries about cars. I'm even enrolled in cool mechanics class in NORTH VALLEY OCCUPATIONAL CENTER in SUN VALLEY if you know where that is but anyway that class is very interesting, it teaches you about all areas of the car. I have learned about auto body, motor, electrical wiring, and a lot more. Every day when i got to school i look forward to going to that class, it's so sick. Well a few of my friends went last year, i really wanted to go but i didn't fit in the car, do you believe that, man that sucks, i was sobbing for a week. when they got back they showed me videos, pictures and all the stuff they got at the event. I thought to myself, no matter what I'M going in 2011. Now that i have a car, oh man, i would be a happy kid getting the ticket and being able to going in my car, it would be a blast. I want to see the drifters, smell the burnt rubber, maybe get some autographs, take a few pics with the car girls and talk to the drivers and mechanics. I've seen drifting on movies and videos but I've never seen it in person, it would be so awesome if i could be there. Hopefully i could learn how to legitimately drift. In conclusion please consider me as a candidate for receiving a free ticket for the event. I would appreciate and use it well in having a great time at long beach.

thanx for reading!

Comment

My little life story...

Well not to sound to corny but i guess i should put my little life story out there.....
          My name is spencer,
          at the moment i am 16 years old, when i was around 13 Me and my father went to see a movie called tokyo drift.....
          Now this was a big event for me, see i didn't get to see my father very much, and if i did it would only be for maybe an hour, if i was lucky...
          for my mother and father had divorced :/
          and my dad had a big job up north.
          so when i did get to see him i was happy, but it was awkward because we barley knew each other...
          but when we went to see this movie we bonded like father and son, finally...
          once i saw the movie, i was hooked to say the least.
          but only 13 i could only drift in video games
          and watch videos of it on youtube....
          and around that time i feel in love with the rx line<3
          Rotary fascinated me.
          so i though if i am going to get an rx7 (when im old enough) i better start saving up, and i better start learning about Rotary and suspension and weight distribution and all of that, so at 14 (now living with grand parents because of issues with moms drug abuse) I started learning everything i could learn of the internet and books.
          (to this day i think i know more about rotary than anyone is this god forsaken town -_-) because from 14-16 i was glued too a computer, ipod touch, or book reading about rotary and drifting techniques, so much that i had passed alot of what adults knew about rotary then way passed what they knew ("its a triangle spinning inside a circle, Right?") to quote an auto mechanic here in bakersfield-_-
          besides watching drifting online i had never even seen it for real until my friends tried to get me to go drifting in there parents FWD, Automatic Acura, i was laughing at this idea and wanted to see what happened when they tried to drift it, so i came along, the first time he tried we slid off the road, hit a dirt pile and rolled the car... -_-
          the second we came back on the wheels, the first words said were me, "You *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*"....
          I had broken my collar bone in the crash, the others, scratches and bruises -_-
          Besides that, no drift in real life so far...
          untill....
          About six months ago i bought an fc3s rx7 that i had been saving up for a long time to get. I Was So Happy
          but sadly a few days after my mother committed suicide... :/
          it was a verry sad time for me even know i finally had my baby.. Renee..
          yea i named the fc....
          i bought her for 600
          a few months later when i was out of the deep depression and guilt i had felt..
          i got a check because my mom had passed away , 5 grand..
          yea, apparently we had some indian in us or something like that.. O.o
          so i vowed to spend every penny on my baby renee.
          and i did.
          I had to install everything my self including the new clutch i had gotten(at this time dad was in jail for driving without a license, and he had an unregistered fire arm in the car)
          But he got out about a month ago, and is helping with the car now, even know most is said and done, i just need to install front mount intercooler, rest of the body kit, and paint her up
          and hes helping now
          and you know even with the mods i cant drift because there`s no where to practice with out getting arrested...
          yea.. they take it that seriously around here..
          one time i tried to drift and some redneck in a raised truck was following me and trying to take pictures of my license plate..
          -_-
          but like i said, with my dad, we dont know a lot about each other, but were both fascinated with drifting, and i think a father son trip to formula drift would cause a nice amount of father son bonding, of corse i would have to drive..
          someone has a suspended license ;D

Comment

My drifting appreciation first start when I watched a best motoring video w/the first drifting event at Irwindale. In this video, Alex Pfeiffer was drifting a red AE86. I thought this kind of "racing" was exciting & wild as you aren't competing to see who gets to the finish line first, but how well you execute. It was at this point where I wanted to see a drifting event in person. As a college student, I didn't have much spending money due to school & saving money to mod my car, Scion xB. I had the greatest opportunity to attend my first drifting event at long beach Formula D in 2007. I really can't put into words how exciting it is to hear the screeching of tires, the roar of engines, turbo's & superchargers, tall buildings w/people watching above, and the beach nearby. What I liked about this event is how a drifting event + car show was integrated flawlessly to showcase the car culture and what it is about. While I didn't know any of the drivers at this time, I was amazed at the talent and skills of various drivers. From this point on, I attended this same event at Long Beach for 4 years straight. It has become my addiction, almost a pact, to attended this specific event and location. Whether I attend the Long Beach location through Scion's car show or using hard saved money (which I trade-off from potential car parts or vital school funds), I make it a goal to see drifters drift. Now 2011, with now a LOVE, not appreciation, for drifting, I have graduated from UC Riverside w/a bachelors in Business/Marketing with no full-time career job, I want to attend this event. This will probably be my last straight year to attend as I'll be going to teach english in either Japan or S.Korea for a year, starting in September. I would like to think of this as my fare well party. I would like to bring my dad to this event as he has never experience a event like this. Whether I pay for two tickets or one, I want to make my 5th year a screechy, loud memory.

Thank you

-Robert

Comment

Formula drift long beach free tickets

im 17yrs old and have been a die hard drift fan since the 2006 season, but ive never had an opportunity to attend an event EVER... i just read about the excitement in import tuner mag's "formula D diaries" or videos on the internet... I LOVE drifting and im somewhat starting to learn how too and maybe someday ill be able to compete in formula D with the greats... I've always loved cars ever since i could crawl, my family told me that one time when i was about 3 years old my mom had dropped me off at my aunt's house so she could baby sit me, I cried and cried, my aunt tried to calm me down for about 30min by giving me all kinds of toys but nuthing worked... untill she brought me a little hot wheels car then i stopped immediately and started racing on my imaginary track... The only RWD car that i have is my "93" dodge dakota wich isnt exactly your ideal drift car, but i do drive a stock DC4 acura integra too which is FWD which i know CANT be drifted, but i was feelin pretty bold one night in the teg and it there was this wide corner so i just stopped and backed up a good distance, and then just fukin went for it, I had never drifted anything before so i was scared and excited at the same time, I didnt want to flip or lose control completely so i just took it up to 40mph, and by now the adrenaline was flowin, so i whipped it, ripped the E-brake but when i hit the apex i couldnt straighten it out so i just basically did a 180 spin, but even tho i didnt even drift right but it was one of the greatest feelings I've ever had, it wasnt one of the smartest things I've ever done but i would like to go to a Formula D compitition and see how its done firsthand... Plus i wanna see my boi daijirro yoshiharra come out ready to kill em all after being just second last season

Comment

We need to narrow down the list of potential winners so if you STILL need a ticket then you MUST confirm by NEXT FRIDAY (MARCH 25th) 12PM Pacific Standard Time
                To confirm please post on this thread and state "STILL GOING"

Thank you

Comment

still going

Comment

Originally posted by Dori Star View Post
                    still going
                    we can setup a place at booth so you can autograph 2003 thread printouts!

Comment

Still going

Comment

Hello drifting.com well i been follow drifting before formula by watching video on youtube. The funny thing i randomly say a drift and i was hooked. After that started finding everything about drifting i been learning alot through the years about the techniques and setups. I also been taking automotive courses at the community college ,but i am hoping on saving some money to attend UTI'S HIGH PEROFORMANCE course to help me have the knowdledge to work with drift cars. Well i think i went of the subject about why i think i should receive a ticket. I think i deserve a ticket because i been a follower since formula drift back when vaugn jr was driving his s13 and tanner foust was the star of drifting. Also because i am very interestd in drifting and i want to get to know the people in the scene like the drivers the team crews anb even you guys from drifting.com.well i hope get picked for a ticketand thank you for ur time have a great weekend

Comment

Still going

Comment

This year is my sister's 25th bday the weekend of the event.. she first fell in love with drifting last year at the final round in Irwindale in October... my husband son and I have been going to every event in California for the last 4 years, and the crowd we go with continues to grow.. I have been looking everywhere for a gift and I think this would be the best gift ever! I have pictures with our favorite drivers including DAI, Ken Gushi, the Crazy Sweed, JR, (pretty much the entire Falken team), and of course, for my boys, the models... Every year we have went, my son always sees his favorite model, Randyl Dawn and ALWAYS remembers him.. We truly enjoy this intense sport and would love to receive our free tickets this year.. Our family would love nothing more but to make this year's round one more special than getting free tickets for my sisters bday...

Comment

Still going..

Well not to sound to corny but i guess i should put my little life story out there.....
                              My name is spencer,
                              at the moment i am 16 years old, when i was around 13 Me and my father went to see a movie called tokyo drift.....
                              Now this was a big event for me, see i didn't get to see my father very much, and if i did it would only be for maybe an hour, if i was lucky...
                              for my mother and father had divorced :/
                              and my dad had a big job up north.
                              so when i did get to see him i was happy, but it was awkward because we barley knew each other...
                              but when we went to see this movie we bonded like father and son, finally...
                              once i saw the movie, i was hooked to say the least.
                              but only 13 i could only drift in video games
                              and watch videos of it on youtube....
                              and around that time i feel in love with the rx line<3
                              Rotary fascinated me.
                              so i though if i am going to get an rx7 (when im old enough) i better start saving up, and i better start learning about Rotary and suspension and weight distribution and all of that, so at 14 (now living with grand parents because of issues with moms drug abuse) I started learning everything i could learn of the internet and books.
                              (to this day i think i know more about rotary than anyone is this god forsaken town -_-) because from 14-16 i was glued too a computer, ipod touch, or book reading about rotary and drifting techniques, so much that i had passed alot of what adults knew about rotary then way passed what they knew ("its a triangle spinning inside a circle, Right?") to quote an auto mechanic here in bakersfield-_-
                              besides watching drifting online i had never even seen it for real until my friends tried to get me to go drifting in there parents FWD, Automatic Acura, i was laughing at this idea and wanted to see what happened when they tried to drift it, so i came along, the first time he tried we slid off the road, hit a dirt pile and rolled the car... -_-
                              the second we came back on the wheels, the first words said were me, "You *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*"....
                              I had broken my collar bone in the crash, the others, scratches and bruises -_-
                              Besides that, no drift in real life so far...
                              untill....
                              About six months ago i bought an fc3s rx7 that i had been saving up for a long time to get. I Was So Happy
                              but sadly a few days after my mother committed suicide... :/
                              it was a verry sad time for me even know i finally had my baby.. Renee..
                              yea i named the fc....
                              i bought her for 600
                              a few months later when i was out of the deep depression and guilt i had felt..
                              i got a check because my mom had passed away , 5 grand..
                              yea, apparently we had some indian in us or something like that.. O.o
                              so i vowed to spend every penny on my baby renee.
                              and i did.
                              I had to install everything my self including the new clutch i had gotten(at this time dad was in jail for driving without a license, and he had an unregistered fire arm in the car)
                              But he got out about a month ago, and is helping with the car now, even know most is said and done, i just need to install front mount intercooler, rest of the body kit, and paint her up
                              and hes helping now
                              and you know even with the mods i cant drift because there`s no where to practice with out getting arrested...
                              yea.. they take it that seriously around here..
                              one time i tried to drift and some redneck in a raised truck was following me and trying to take pictures of my license plate..
                              -_-
                              but like i said, with my dad, we dont know a lot about each other, but were both fascinated with drifting, and i think a father son trip to formula drift would cause a nice amount of father son bonding, of corse i would have to drive..
                              someone has a suspended license ;D[/QUOTE]

Comment

still going

Comment

Working...
                                X