Replace engines at 30k miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace engines at 30k miles?

Somebody told me the other day that the reason we have so many JDM engines available in the US is that that there exists a Japanese law stating that cars must have their engines replaced at 30,000 miles. I find this hard to believe, but I heard it from someone who usually knows what they're talking about. Can one of out Japan-based members confirm or deny this?

Oh god, that $hit's been floating around the boards forever.

Comment

it's not true....people also used to say they never did oil changes also....it's just something someone made up....

...but their smog inspections are more hardcore than california's smog *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*'s!!

Comment

No

Comment

not even close. Yes we have smog but 30000 mile engines are a pipe dream it was a nice lie to sell s loads of them in the states. I have cars with over 70k and they are all perfectly leagal and smog compliant. As for the oil changes yes there are some fools that dont change there oils as they should but most Japanese are pretty anal about there cars and chainge the oils often.

Comment

Ok, I'm glad about that, because I was arguing against it, and didn't want to be wrong!

Comment

shin_kuduo "ur killin me smalls!" Nah im just playin, but 30k mi then a new motor sounds kinda exaggerated.

Comment

pretty sure the emissions isnt as bad as here in california, califronia emmisions REALLY are nazis

Comment

Working...
                X