ae86 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ae86 questions

alright before you get all defensive and stuf let me tell you i am a NOOB!!! so dont give me some crap about being retarted.
    ok then
    im 16 and am looking for my first car, i originally wanted an s14 but i knew it would cost a ton to get it to be where i wanted it to be. So recently i borowed an anime named initial d which features an 8-6 that is the fastest around on a certain mountain pass. So i got into the car from that and did a bit of research. I lucked out and found a person at my school with a 87 corolla gts, it was stock but i wanted to check it out a bit. I was suprised how snappy it was for only 140 horses.
    basically i did more research and found some turbo stuff at hks, so what im wondering is exactly what would be a realistic power goal. I figure if i get the hks turbo i could get about 350 horses in it with spending around 25 to 30 grand total. so please give me some help with this so i can have a nice all around car.
    i plan to have this be my daily driver /drifter/racer for me so help a brother out
    thanks everybody!

DONT EVER BASE ANYTHING OF INITIALD. lol. and GTS's only put out like 125. and if you wanted to spend that kind of cash on an 86 engine get the toda 20V 4AG racing engine. it puts out about 210 or 240hp forgot which one exactly. and if u really wanted maybe a turbo 20V? www.todaracing.com idealistically, i hate to say this but 86's will never be very fast on the touge compared to other machines in the long run. but its supposed to be a good learner drift machine so good luck to you. btw for suspension i suggest the best. lol. kei office!!!

for some 86 parts go to www.driftspeed.com

Comment

Ok, first off how much is the dude selling it for? Make sure that he doesnt sell it for more than 3-4k. Next, you don't want 350 horses on an 86. Power is NOT needed to drift! Start off by learning with your 125 hp. Lets put it this way, the pr0s use like 200hp 86's. Thats all I got to say.

Comment

Go to www.club4ag.com

We'll tell you what to do with that car.

P.S. mention ID there also...it'll help you out further

Comment

He didnt base anything off initial D, he said initial D introduced him to the car, Which he then became a fan of the car after looking more into it.

God i hate this damned forum sometimes, so many people here got into drifting threw initial D and wont admit it. but god forbid some new guy even MENTIONS it.

How many of us got into drifting by being in japan and going to a drift event? okay and how many of us got into drifting via the internet, and videos and media.

The fact is there are competitive 86s in the D1, and there decent cars. Just because he saw one on initial D and wanted to learn more about it doesnt mean *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. Either answer his question or dont but dont flame the guy.

Oh and Hachi-roku04 im going to assume there even bigger *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* at 4ag if you mention inital D. if you want some advice dont mention or age or anything on these boards, or how you got into drifting. People seem to not appreciate it.

Comment

Yeah, a chevette is a good car to get!

oh wait what are we talking about?

Comment

lol sorry for the rant, not sure where it came from

Comment

thanks for your support guys
                ive had lots of support when looking for an 8-6 compared to the s14
                i was at a nissan forum and a ton of people were givin me a ton of flak cuz i was 16
                im really interested in having this car be a drift car but also a car that i can take on a circuit so if anybody has part sites please list em!

Comment

Oh and Hachi-roku04 im going to assume there even bigger *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* at 4ag if you mention inital D
                  You really shouldn't assume anything about another forum. The only people being *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on club4ag seem to be new people trying to gain recognition by bashing on other new members.

Why hate this forum? I find drifting.com to be very amusing. Hence the reason why I surf through this forum.

Hachi-roku04, you can also check out http://www.dorikaze.ca
                  There's some links to other people's sites who own and modify ae86's. Good luck!
                  Last edited by MK2_GTI; 03-16-2004, 09:08 PM.

Comment

i wasn't flaming him im just warning him dont base anything off that and it doesn't show what an 86 is really like. but anyway. good luck to you dude.

Comment

make sure you know what youre getting into thinking that youre gonna drift. You gotta understand that you're going to spend more money fixing the car than you are modifying it. You are going to spend lots of money period. The S14 is a good car, but it costs a lot just to get one, then even more once you start adding it. You mention engine parts, have you looked into drifting seriously? You will come to find that power has almost nothing to do with it. You will start of not even using all the power your stock engine has to offer. You won't need to worry about more power for a while. You will need to look into suspension parts, both replacing older parts, and adding modified parts to make it easier. Do a lot of reading, on this forum and many others. You will learn eventually everything that you need to know.

Comment

You are shooting for unrealistic Power goals unless you find some really rare parts. You being 16, You will be in a world of hurt for the next 5 years if you dump all your money in your car. It is a money pit. I got mine when I was 16, and another one when I was 17. Now 18 I struggle for gasoline for my sr5. Dont expect power figures over 210 with lots of green in your engine bay. Race only parts, 1 yr or less lifespan on engines, transmissions, differentals, billions of tires. Turbos arent the best answer to 4ag engines unless its a nicely built gze. I would go alot further in detail but I am dead tired.

Have fun with it for a few years before setting it on jackstands. Trust me once you do this, its a long road back.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                          Yeah, a chevette is a good car to get!

Comment

for some of you who read japanese. sorry if you don't.
                            http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~sada/dstcs/ae86_st2.html
                            http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~sada/dstcs/ae86_st.html
                            http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~sada/dstcs/tuning.html

the 86 is twincharged. it has both supercharger and turbo.

what I heard was 86s have only 80 to 90 ps on dynapack.

Comment

well remember AE86s arent exactly hp machines. extracting at least 200hp will cost you ALOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X