Yoshioka's INSANE run -Top 16 Battle - Palm Beach, FL 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshioka's INSANE run -Top 16 Battle - Palm Beach, FL 2011

"ToshiKing" Toshiki Yoshioka's amazing Insane entry and phenomenal car control - Top 16 Battle - Formula Drift - Palm Beach, FL - 2011.

Drifting fans will never forget that experience. Retaks Racing, crew, & all our sponsors thank you for your outstanding performance!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RiBJivVYaks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

E.4 COLLISIONS Vehicle contact in drifting is something that Formula DRIFT recognizes as part of the sport, however contact of vehicles while in head-to-head battle requires specific rulings and guidelines as follows.

A) LEAD CAR: The lead car must be required at all times to run the line given by the judges and also maintain adequate speed through out the course. If the lead car measures untypical speed, this may result in a score against that driver. Untypical speed is defined as speeds of equivalent measurement from qualifying speeds. Some slight variance (+5, -5) is in most cases acceptable.
    My question is what did Yoshi's Qualifying line look like, how fast was it? If it looked like his lead run Conrad should have already scouted it and the Judges should have took that into account. Now if Yoshioka had a different qualifying line angle and speed the rule above should take into effect and it was a fair adjustment and win on Conrad's part. But with that being said I'm sure there are some drivers who bump there speed up 5mph in from qualifying to tandem, are they penalized the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
      My question is what did Yoshi's Qualifying line look like, how fast was it? If it looked like his lead run Conrad should have already scouted it and the Judges should have took that into account. Now if Yoshioka had a different qualifying line angle and speed the rule above should take into effect and it was a fair adjustment and win on Conrad's part. But with that being said I'm sure there are some drivers who bump there speed up 5mph in from qualifying to tandem, are they penalized the same way?
      Give a deduction to Yoshioka for low speed and a deduction to Conrad for bad line. Give points to Yoshioka for bad as$ angle plus a D1 close chase run and you get a Yoshioka victory.

Comment

yesszir plus i dont understand how you are supposed to lose less than 5 mph on a rear entry initiation

Comment

Originally posted by ztkrevolution View Post
          yesszir plus i dont understand how you are supposed to lose less than 5 mph on a rear entry initiation

I don't think you understand, the +/- 5mph rule is based on qualifying. The judges can take away points if your around 5 mph off your qualifying speed during a tandem battle. You cant just show up in Tandem and run some crazy line that you didnt do in qualifying, that's almost like brake checking if it slows you down... I.E. Dean Kearney vs JR sonoma 2010. I don't know what Yoshi's qualifying line or speed was so I might putting any blame on anyone....yet.

Comment

I think the only people who saw his qual runs where the people at the event since the feed on the live stream went down for a while and missed his runs.

But I think if he did something that GNAR during qualifying someone would have a video up of it.

Comment

im confused why yoshi didnt win... its conrads fault he didnt anticipate and plus he had room to keep his angle i mean its conrad own move and he doenst know how to respond to it? wtf! also replay it and you'll see conrad initiating too late!

can we penalize the judges? lol
              Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 06-07-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                I don't think you understand, the +/- 5mph rule is based on qualifying. The judges can take away points if your around 5 mph off your qualifying speed during a tandem battle. You cant just show up in Tandem and run some crazy line that you didnt do in qualifying, that's almost like brake checking if it slows you down... I.E. Dean Kearney vs JR sonoma 2010. I don't know what Yoshi's qualifying line or speed was so I might putting any blame on anyone....yet.
                no i wasnt being serious about the 5 miles but what i was saying is on a move like that how can anyone expect to keep your speed up with out slowing down somewhat, and if he didnt run that line in qualigying, than just because he slowed down i dont think he should be penalized. he was slower than qualifying but had better angle than qualifying and to me the better angle should cancel out. now i do know what youve stated are the rules i just think it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ztkrevolution View Post
                  no i wasnt being serious about the 5 miles but what i was saying is on a move like that how can anyone expect to keep your speed up with out slowing down somewhat, and if he didnt run that line in qualigying, than just because he slowed down i dont think he should be penalized. he was slower than qualifying but had better angle than qualifying and to me the better angle should cancel out. now i do know what youve stated are the rules i just think it sucks
                  I'm not saying I disagree or agree with the rule but just stating the fact it IS a rule.

My argument is was it justifiably practiced in this situation, and is it equally used throughout the field? I have to find a answer to that.

Comment

well i was their to watch qualifying and from what i remember i do not think anyone came in with a backwards entry besides possibly conrad, i didnt see conrad do this cause i left early but i could assume he would cause hes done it at qulifying before

Comment

Doesn't the rule also say that the chase car is to mimic the lead car?
                      Obviously Conrad wasn't able to in that run.
                      The least that should've been done was a OMT.
                      I turned off the live stream after Conrad was awarded the win.

Comment

This is when I turned it off
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yni3F2eAU

Powers pulled a 90+ degree entry and kept his speed up. JTP did his usual 45 degree hook slide to keep up.
                        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

i was standing right there at the clipping point and was pissed when i heard this call

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                            This is when I turned it off
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yni3F2eAU

Powers pulled a 90+ degree entry and kept his speed up. JTP did his usual 45 degree hook slide to keep up.
                            Glad I already turned off the live stream and missed that one. Just like Conrad, JTP couldn't even mirrored MP's 90 degree angle but awarded the win.

FD is becoming more and more like D1 in recent years if they keep this up and don't be surprise if we start seeing top guys like Rhys, Sam leaving the series.

Comment

Aside from qualifying, I've found D1 judging to be quite fair last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X