Enjuku Racing LS1 Hyundai for SEMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjuku Racing LS1 Hyundai for SEMA

Really? Whatever happened to building a car that showed the potential of the chassis/engine and what was possible for a tuner? Is a LS1 the only engine people build parts for anymore or care about? It appears the LS series of engines will be what brings GM back from bankrupcy.

More info..

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...sema-2011.html

photo by autoguide.com

Comment

ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

This makes Rhys Millen look like the coolest motherf*cker on the planet.
      Last edited by Bebop; 08-15-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Its just a SEMA car. This thing isn't going to do any drifting.

Comment

Still would be nice to see a Ford or Mopar block instead, though. Hell, put a used Ford FR9 in it or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            Still would be nice to see a Ford or Mopar block instead, though. Hell, put a used Ford FR9 in it or something!
            Why would Ford or Mopar be 'cooler' to you?

The LS1 is one of the most compact V8 designs available, and the aftermarket is very well researched. Also, Enjuku had a supercharged LS1 in their past S13.4 that Bill Sherman drove in 2010, it wouldn't surprise me if this motor is the exact same motor (which means $0 out-of-pocket cost to drop it in).

I am guessing that Enjuku is doing this from a marketability standpoint, and the LS engine family is much more marketable right now than any other V8.

Personally, I would have been interested to see the Hyundai V8 motor, but I have a feeling it was A) more expensive and B) heavier

Comment

The point I was trying to make was wouldn't it be better to build the engine in the car to show the potential for all of us who may buy this car? I probably won't, but I would still like to see what it is capable of. I agree this is probably the engine out of the FD car they had for sale a few months ago. I know this car will probably never drift, but Enjuku is known for building drift cars.

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath about this not being a drift car.

Bring it to SEMA, make some friends, put together a budget, next thing we know there's a press release for the 2012 season.

Remember the RMR car was suppose to be for time attack going into SEMA 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                  Why would Ford or Mopar be 'cooler' to you?
                  Because I have a secret love triangle for the Mustang and Barracuda.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                    Because I have a secret love triangle for the Mustang and Barracuda.
                    That's great bro....

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
                      That's great bro....
                      Sadly, it isn't. It's a tragic story where one of us was killed by their maker.

Comment

Working...
                      X