Importing JDM cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing JDM cars

Hello. I have a question. I knew a friend who went to an auction in California for seized vehicles and he saw many pasta-rockets that were Euro-spec but were able to be registered without being "americanized". Does anyone know if this would work with jdm cars? Thanks, Chris

Also he said that they all had salvage titles but had never been in accidents.

Comment

You can do it if the car's over 25 years old. But other than that I don't know. I'm someone else on here could be much more help on that than me.

Comment

Are you talking about buying a full JDM car from and auction? With right hand drive and no U.S. safety spec? Its hard to get a JDM car because most dont meet safety regulations. Which makes it a lot more expensive. But I also dont know a whole lot about this either.

Comment

Re: Importing JDM cars

Originally posted by KumaKuso87
          Hello. I have a question. I knew a friend who went to an auction in California for seized vehicles and he saw many pasta-rockets that were Euro-spec but were able to be registered without being "americanized". Does anyone know if this would work with jdm cars? Thanks, Chris
          I have a question do you know your user name meens bareshit

Comment

he he he in canada here we have the 15 year rule, so people are starting to bring r32s over... it's so sweet... did any of you see the april sport compact car- and how that integra is totally jdm, no changes or anything.

Comment

Re: Re: Importing JDM cars

Originally posted by driftxtreem
              I have a question do you know your user name meens bareshit

Hahah yeah man, I told him like last week.

Comment

smuggle it in a underwater submarine,through a river.then slap a plate on there,any pig starts shite just pull a bat out.

Comment

Or just put the twin turbo's to good use and speed away!!!!

Comment

speaking of importing cars does anyone know if you can get a EVO 3 or 4 imported over and where to go for it. everyones going to be bringing the skylines. there not even hard if you have the 30K for a R32.

Comment

the reason its easier to get skylines is because motorex already proved that they are crash safe with certain modifications, nobody has done it with evos as far as i know.

Comment

damn 30k for a r32 skyline my buddy paid $2800 for his gtst. you are crazy if u pay 30k for a skyline. they are like civics everyone has one

Comment

Yea crazy if you pay 30k for a Skyline in Japan. In America it's a little different.

As for Motorex, They have a contract with the EPA that they are the only ones who can legalize a Skyline since they did the crash testing. Anyone else that says they can legalize is doing it behind Motorexes back. But word on the street is that Motorex is in trouble for selling non legal ones and that contract may be becoming null and void. Not 100% sure on that so don't quite me.

There are already a bunch of Evo's in the states. They are ust Rally cars and not able to run on the streets. But now that the Evo is actually sold in the states, things are a little easier to register one.

Comment

To do it in the States,you have to have one too many hook-ups.You'd have to go through a lot of different people,and probably pay out more than it's worth.But if you were to have the money,almost anything is possible.If you have the time,you could look into laws regarding importing,registration,etc.Then find loop holes or a way around it.
                            As for that Honda Integra,it had enough damage to get a salvage title when it came over.I don't know if that played a role in getting it registered or not.

Comment

Exactly right. You can register anything you want to in the right place. For instance say you wanted to register a Skyline that was not legalized. In California it would be next to impossible. But try the same thing in Georgia in say an outlying county away from the main stream of society and you would have very little trouble.

The USofA is completely different from county border to county border. Some will follow the law to the letter and some will not. It is all in how you present your case and how well you prepared. Trust this though, you will not get one done in California or any major city in the USA. It's the small towns, the farming towns where the city folk haven't corrupted the small town mentality. These are the Holy Grails of grey market car registration.

I know of a Soarer that is running around on the roads of Georgia that was done just this way. They applied for a title and vin plates, had the Sheriff inspect the car and bing bang boom, he got the paperwork and it's now on the road. But that is also a rural county there and there are no emissions laws in that area. But it is right outside of Atlanta so there is hope for you City Folk too.

My advice to anyone thinking of doing this is to read, read, read your local, state and federal laws before embarking on that quest. It can be done. ANYTHING can be done as long as you are prepared to put the time, effort and maybe some money into it. It didn't cost this other guy over 75.00 to register that Soarer. He was a small car lot operator, if he can do it, so can you.
                              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-19-2004, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X