Atlanta City council Bans drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta City council Bans drifting

Anyone see this? My apoligies if this is a double post or in the wrong section. FD isn't affected, but grass roots events seem to be the prime target.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-drifting.html

If the people thought this was annoying, they're in for a treat when it floods onto the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
      If the people thought this was annoying, they're in for a treat when it floods onto the streets.
      Yup. People fail to realise that bans like these only seem to further the activity that is atempting to e banned, rather than hault it. People will drift wether it be a leagal venuse, or the parking lot across the street.

Comment

Atlanta just effed up badly.

Ummm... what ever happened to that drift park they were suppose to build back in the day?

http://www.drifting.com/forums/event...rift-park.html

Comment

theres been quite a bunch of my friends/people going to the atlanta city council meetings to oppose the ban. we've got a petition with over 9k signatures (heh, 9k pun). but as far as black hills circuit goes, the tracks still there. but it was zoned for go karts, not drifting. so the local PD found out about it and stopped the drifting there. but before that, it got sold to someone else who repaved it, and then before the tar even cured, they put an RX8 on the track and cracked part of it and deemed that they wouldnt allow drifting again, and now the tracks up for sale again

Comment

I guess that leaves Gwinnett fair ground auto x and if you are baller, AMP. Screw it, let's hit up US129 ;D

Comment

well we're actually starting to drift at Atlanta Motor Speedway now. like actual open practice days/competition days. and of course theres always still cordele, but thats far away

Comment

Working...
              X