• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Florida 2012!

FD has finally awaken

This is what drifting is all about

Goodbye and Goodnight

Great, Great Driftstream. The new hosts were awesome and extremely informative even when I disagreed with some of their opinions. The only thing that could make the stream better is an updating on screen tandem bracket graphic between matches so the audience can see who eliminated who, and who will face off next.

Judging looked better than Atlanta but still far from perfect. It appeared they where doing their damnedest to keep Daigo Saito from taking it in the top 32 but JTP and Forsberg handed it to him for his troubles. The universe is just

Comment

^ Great driftstream. The best one so far. Really enjoyed it.
      Great hosting!

Comment

""Great, Great Driftstream. The new hosts were awesome and extremely informative""

Second that host we best yet... good feedback on what was going on and coverage was on point.............got to keep them.. like input by Ryan on runs...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was the one doing the livestream commentary. For top 32, I did it with Joey from Wrecked Magazine, for top 16 we had Ryan Kado up there. There's a lot of room for improvement, but I think it came out pretty well overall. We are already planning several changes for Wall NJ, but it's more of an evolution. Jarod will still be announcing live at the venues, and Ryan Sage will be joining him for tandem analysis. Would love to hear your feedback and preferences on the commentary we are doing.

Overall, this was a great event to attend! This was my first trip to the track, and I was pretty impressed by the crowd. Not only were the stands there but people stayed much longer than at many other events. I wish there was less humidity, but there's little that can be done about that. The tandem battles were great! I wish there wasn't as much car-to-car contact, but that's part of the outcome of having very tight tandem runs. Congrats to Daigo / Chris / Dai for making the podium, it's great to see the points chase heating up.

Comment

Hated you at first, but you grew on me, good job for being the first time doing it, I can see a lot potential. The only thing was, you kept saying something like, door to door or right on his door and the car was actually 2 cars behind. Other than that great job. I like how you state your opinion without misleading the audience. One more thing and I know it's not your area or job, but the stream could use replays from mutiple cameras.

Comment

this works, it works really good. only changes to the new format i would make is that you guys do key in to what the judges are deliberating about more, or just cut in the audio from j-rod every once in a while. j-rod can get a little bit annoying when there is nothing going on, or he is making dry jokes, but he does give some useful insight in those critical moments. for the most part this is a great format, kindof like what D1 has adopted the past few years.

good work.

Comment

as far as feedback for the event, for me as media the cut outs they gave us turned pretty pointless on saturday. All the fans had crowded around them and I didnt want to be that guy and ask if I could shoot from there. So it was pretty much shoot from the stands on friday with a long telephoto, shoot from the side of the judges stand or shot from the camera box at the end of the course. It was fine of the most part but I think if we wanna be able to shoot the cut outs there needs to be maybe a short wall between the main wall so the media can walk between and not have to fight for the cut outs. I know there were other cut outs on the other side but thats a long walk.

from what I see of my friends that went to watch as fans, I think seating was a big issue. If you were on the bottom of the bleachers you couldnt see anything cause it was a huge crowd of ppl standing up.I dont know if FD was prepared for the amount of ppl for this event vs last years since it was the 2nd time for PBIR but if gets bigger next year for a crowd its going to be tough cause it seems like they are already using all the space they can for seating. I was talking with a few other local guys and I mentioned it would have been nice when PBIR was redoing the track if they had gotten together with FD and had planned a more dedicated area for drifting. But hindsight is 20/20

I really wish the pro-am guys had been closer the PRO guys for the pits. But overall it was yet another great event and I will continue to go and shoot. Apparently I wish I could have watched the driftsteam cause it seemed like everyone I know loved it this time around. Is it still online to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                  Is it still online to watch?
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/driftstream2010/videos

Comment

Originally posted by mannynj View Post
                    The only thing was, you kept saying something like, door to door or right on his door and the car was actually 2 cars behind. Other than that great job. I like how you state your opinion without misleading the audience. One more thing and I know it's not your area or job, but the stream could use replays from mutiple cameras.
                    Get out of my brain dude. These are the exact points I was going to make. Stop saying cars are tight when they aren't and other than that keep up the great work.

Multiple cameras such as on-car, cockpit and judges booth would be awesome for replays. Also look into the bracket updates in between matches. I think it was posted before the top 32 then again when top 16 started. Do a review commentary before each round of 16, 8, 4, finals.
                    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

In car footage is sweet since you can see what the driver is doing and what not.

But on car footage does NOTHING for me, especially in door to door battles...its no fun watching a roof of a car.

We really need a POV/Digger cam to really get a sense of the speed the cars are going.

Comment

Really liked the new commentary pair -- keep up the good work, I'll look forward to hearing you at Evergreen (will be attending the Wall event). I'm sure it will get smoother and you & Joey will develop a rapport as you keep announcing together.

Given the layout of the booth, I'm not sure if you'd be able to get the judges on the mic on occasion like Jarod does. (Might have missed it, I wasn't able to watch the full event.) A video display of the bracket might be nice, but I imagine that's on the video production guys. It's been hit or miss whether or not the 'results page' on FD's site is updated as the event goes on.

Comment

Working...
                        X