Where are all the hot 3000GT's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the hot 3000GT's?

I've always loved this car, for it's looks, the twin turbo and the 4wd, even before I liked imports. Now I know it's alittle heavy but I was surprised to find out that there weren't any heavy hitting big power GTO's in Japan (like there are Supras, Skylines and Evos). I've ridden in an FF 3GT and it pulled hard and set ya back in the seat so I know these guys are fast. I'd love to check out some fast GTO's with some body mods, but have yet to find many sites or pics on the web. Anybody got any pics or links I could drool over

Not many people drifting 3000GTs...

Comment

Sorry I killed them all.

I don't know why that car never really caught on here. I'm pretty sure that there are some in Japan but alas, I have no links. I can remember some though. I just think that they are too heavy for the powerplant though. There's only so much that you can do. But I do like em. I wish they would have caught on more though.

Comment

Heavy,expensive,and out of place when lined up with its rivals(FD,Supra,and Skyline).

Comment

Those things are way to heavy and expensive in my opinion. I think they look nice though when they have a body kit and some rims. They have some nice ones down here in Hawaii. Though even down here theres only like 4 modified 3000's that I've seen.

Comment

Yeah they are definitely a cruiser and not a purebred sports car, but they still have that exotic look and plenty of punch. I love cruisin around the GT3 universe in 'em. Keep up the good work in driftsession Revlimit!!

Comment

What feint and tsunami said. There are some nice ones in Japan and the UK. Go pick up a banzai mag. But here they didnt catch on. Prob cuz they werent competitors. They are sporty, definately exotic looking and relatively quick, but on a track they wouldnt hang with an NSX, FD, Z32, or Supra, the latter two of which are also porkers. Maybe if they'd been cheaper, lighter, had a better suspension, or were RWD. :shrugs: Ive always liked em enough tho.

Comment

I like 'em mainly for the 4wd and the styling. They are very well-proportioned cars. But they can be a little expensive and heavy. But with the 4wd and twin-turbo's (plus some weight reduction and motor upgrades) I'd surely think they'd be a force to be reckoned with on the Wangan or dragstrip.

Comment

First I really like the GTO because they are fast and I still like them. Even the GTO is heavy it still doesn't matter. Maybe in the future the GTO will become popular and lighter.

Comment

3kGT's are pretty bad, yea. I raced one down the highway in mi Maro last summer and he kept up very nicely, I was impressed. He had the basic intake, exaust, chip... Never got a chance to race him on the lefty-righty road tho. He did follow me through town one day when I was cruisin, and I started drifting a little bit around some of the stuff, and he azz-dragged right behind me and looked pretty good doin it...

Comment

Yeah you can get some lightweight racing seats and a Pit Road M carbon fiber hood which should cut about 75-100lbs out off the weight. As far as drifting the 3000gt I think there was a a guy in Illinios that drifted a 3000gt at the event in Charlotte last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X