Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifer
    replied
    IMO, judging from the driftstream, it looked like it was both their faults for crashing. Tyler hit and just as he moved down the rail, Denofa hit the exact same spot. They both entered the bank lower then usual. 2 possiblilities. 1- they both hit a bad spot on the bank like a missed oil spot or patch of tire debris, sending them both up the bank into the wall. 2- Tyler lost it into the bank in his own, and Denofa, committed so hardcore to Tylers line, was so close into Tylers smoke that he followed him right into the rail. Tyler chimed in on wrecked and stated what happened from his POV. In short Tyler apologized to Denofa, and Denofa admitted he was going to hit the wall anyways, whether Tyler did or not, from his own accord.

Leave a comment:

• my 1 88 u
    replied
    Daigo held speed to the corner exit while Chris accelerated. I think the judges are the only ones sandbagging for the American/regular driver's that lack the experience to chase closely while reading the lead driver.

Very bad precedents are being set when drivers intent is being surmised rather than judging the action on track.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
    Since when is that a rule? What's the point of front brake lights if the judges will just make arbitrary calls?

Let's also talk about how Chelsea Denofa was jerked out of some points by inept judging. I hope he can get the car back together.
    That is kind of the point of controversy here. The way "contact" is judged can be argued as inconsistant.

From my understanding when it comes to contact this is how it breaks down:

Situation #1 (Chaser's Fault): If the chaser commits a driver error that causes he/she to hit the leader's car and makes the leader spin then the contact is deemed the chaser's fault and they will give up the advantage.

Situation #2 (Leader's Fault): If the leader makes an error (straightens, goes off course, brakes inappropriately) which results in the chaser hitting them (if the chaser was on an otherwise "good" line) then the contact is deemed the leader's fault and advantage goes to the chaser.

So, what happend with Daigo and Forsberg would fall under a grey area of Situation #2. Which is why, while I don't like it. I can understand why they made that decision.

As far as Tyler and Chelsea goes, I did not watch that run so I cannot really make a comment on it. I just know what other people have said.

Leave a comment:

• my 1 88 u
    replied
    Originally posted by Bebop View Post

Just F@#$ing stupid. I guess they considered this payment for screwing him in Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lifer
    replied
    I got three out of four for my final 4 prediction!

Leave a comment:

• my 1 88 u
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    They ruled that it was Daigo's fault Chris spun because Daigo got off-throttle and upset the momentum too much.

I was not a big fan of that call but it is what it is. I would have liked to see them go OMT.
    Since when is that a rule? What's the point of front brake lights if the judges will just make arbitrary calls?

Let's also talk about how Chelsea Denofa was jerked out of some points by inept judging. I hope he can get the car back together.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
    do i get a prize?

Wow, what an event! So many crazy tandem rounds! JR had to put in some serious work. His first win since 2010, well deserved!
    If I could have got the plane ticket I would have dressed up like the Bird Call Guy myself and crashed your broadcast!

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
    What was the reason for allowing Chris to spin?
    They ruled that it was Daigo's fault Chris spun because Daigo got off-throttle and upset the momentum too much.

I was not a big fan of that call but it is what it is. I would have liked to see them go OMT.

Leave a comment:

• Slapshotnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    I was really close to getting two out of three.
    do i get a prize?

Wow, what an event! So many crazy tandem rounds! JR had to put in some serious work. His first win since 2010, well deserved!

Leave a comment:

• my 1 88 u
    replied
    What was the reason for allowing Chris to spin?

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Man I should of made a honest prediction... I knew this would be a victory for him,

I do predict it will be his only one though.

Originally posted by Mars View Post
    suck it!!!!
    Dude... he did a lot better then I thought he would do. I was thinking a top 16 loss for Daigo this time around.

Name a track he has driven on in Japan that could prepare him for Wall?

Leave a comment:

• my 1 88 u
    replied
    Forsberg messed up my top 4 taking out JTP and Daigo.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    I was really close to getting two out of three. Those of you saying Daigo wouldn't podium just got lucky! He let the little mistakes defeat him. Definitely was not expecting a win from JR though. Shake 'n Bake!

Leave a comment:

• Mars
    replied
    suck it!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X