Go v8
    pumpy15 about an hour ago
    2jz".
    ricer321037 about an hour ago
    2jz
    miixedboiinyame about an hour ago
    Not just any V8, a LSX! emoji
    mrbombstagram about an hour ago
    I've seen what the v8 can do with all that torque stock so.... 2jz still *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* emoji
    iimightbeurdad about an hour ago
    ^ emoji
    c_lewis337 about an hour ago
    Both are great. But having a miata with a lsx personally, v8 all day.
    iillest_thriillz about an hour ago
    2j
    tyursin about an hour ago
    Rb25
    nelson_wolf about an hour ago
    2JZ
    cdecker25 about an hour ago
    2JZ...have one in my Lexus!
    cdecker25 about an hour ago
    2JZ...have one in my Lexus!
    lilwreck1 about an hour ago
    2jz. No two ways about it. V8's are like Hondas, designed to perform while going straight
    kblair49 about an hour ago
    Anyone who's driven a 2jz knows it's the only way to go.
    duhhitsedwin about an hour ago
    Whats the mpg like? Ahahah just kidding ^_^
    rearwheelsti about an hour ago
    Your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing stupid to not choose the 2jzgte. Those motors outperform so many and only being a I6 3.0
    badassdood about an hour ago
    I watched the sicky 370z with a ls9 in it absolutely dominate 2j supras as well as rb25 240's at the street life tour in Dayton Ohio. So your all wrong.
    kblair49 about an hour ago
    Your = possessive. You're = you are. You don't know motors, or basic English. Just shut up

Comments from our Instagram Account
    http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail...92319_45206275

Comment

iimightbeurdad about an hour ago
      Lmfao did emoji @kblair49
      lukezawistowski about an hour ago
      Ls9
      lilwreck1 about an hour ago
      @badassdood I barely see it dominate anyone who's actually been driving for a while. Lets skip the amateurs and take it to the pros Daigo>Dai all day.
      tlbc_coolkid about an hour ago
      2j over v8 like d1 over fd

Comment

s13skyy about 3 hours ago
        V8 is lighter, no turbos or inter cooler makes it that way. Also, torque.
        hannikhol about 3 hours ago
        2j or dieemojiemoji
        swisherjdm13 about 3 hours ago
        2jz screw GM and USDM
        coreydrifts about 3 hours ago
        @kblair49 funny v8 vs 2jz 2jz haveing stronger internals stock also haveing higher hp potental for any motor sport more reliable 2jz out dose the v8 reliabilty comes from its in line 6 design rather than the v8 causes more stress on the rods mains crank wrist pins just sayin no big deal so driftingcom 2jz all day or 13b T2
        nismofanatic748 about 3 hours ago
        2jz v8 is ovrrrated
        ahrut7 about 3 hours ago
        Rb over 2j
        suislider about 3 hours ago
        @driftingcom whos v8 build is that?
        drupert77 about 2 hours ago
        You'll never get the torque a v8 has, and that coming from an rb25 owner. Both great engines. Some I'm in the middle in this one.
        drupert77 about 2 hours ago
        So*
        lucasjohnsonallgood about 2 hours ago
        Both dope... Buuuuuttt gotta go 2jz
        coreydrifts about 2 hours ago
        Also who cares in what car the motor out performs 2jz its self is all around better makes mote power handles more power less stress on all moveing parts when comparrd to a v8 it comes down to the drive and how well and confterble he is with his car 2jz FACT better motor for all around moto sports @driftingcom
        coreydrifts about an hour ago
        @kblair49 lol your = possisive clearly ur not to bright granted I cant spell worth *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but @driftingcom is asking your feed back witch would be a opinion only you would have to give u may know grammar cool now go learn how to use it

Comment

Both motors have huge potential. If you go with an american V8, its going to be alot cheaper than a built 2Jz. You can find LS1 blocks for around $1,500 from a junk yard with low mileage. Parts are plentiful can most parts can be found at your local parts store. (very helpful if something does break during competion. Love'em or hate'em, there very reliable even when being trashed around. Torque is unmatched.

That said, if your talking about a street car used for the ocasional drift event that's started out with a 2JZ, i wouldn't swap one for any V8 cause at that point it would proabaly cost more to get the V8 running than just build up the 2JZ. But if starting from scratch, i'd go V8 all the way.

Comment

Both have been proven to perform in drifting so arguing which is better is pointless. Almost everyone says

2JZ more expensive? Can anyone break down the cost of a 2JZGTE and an LS1 from stock form then built to at least 500hp?

Rules: RETAIL PRICING, No craigs list ads, no "I know a guy" or "I can fab/wire it myself" discounts, swapping into an S chassis with no engine, wiring, and tranny. Just what you need to get the car running well.

Lets see if someone can break down the facts with links to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
              Both have been proven to perform in drifting so arguing which is better is pointless. Almost everyone says

2JZ more expensive? Can anyone break down the cost of a 2JZGTE and an LS1 from stock form then built to at least 500hp?

Rules: RETAIL PRICING, No craigs list ads, no "I know a guy" or "I can fab/wire it myself" discounts, swapping into an S chassis with no engine, wiring, and tranny. Just what you need to get the car running well.

Lets see if someone can break down the facts with links to back it up.
              I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post

Rules: RETAIL PRICING, No craigs list ads, no "I know a guy" or "I can fab/wire it myself" discounts,...
                Why not? Thats part of what makes V8's so apealing in the U.S. There plentyiful, so deals can be had almost anywhere. Not to say that deals can't be had on the 2JZ, but there alot harder to find just lieing around vs. an LS engine.

I think what needs to be asked is why are so many teams turning to V8's in general? There not just doing it because its the "cool thing to do".

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post

I think what needs to be asked is why are so many teams turning to V8's in general? There not just doing it because its the "cool thing to do".
                  Broader powerband

The cost of a reliable 500HP 2j or 1J is about the same as a LSX

How many motors did Luke Longburger go through last year?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                    Why not? Thats part of what makes V8's so apealing in the U.S. There plentyiful, so deals can be had almost anywhere. Not to say that deals can't be had on the 2JZ, but there alot harder to find just lieing around vs. an LS engine.

True, but just saying if someone wanted to do this for the numbers, getting a baseline cost of retail for both builds is not something that should be hard to do. This is more of a statistical POV. From there you can get an idea of what you can be saving by not cutting corners in the build, but still getting the job done right with less money. Keep in mind I'm not looking for labor quotes. Just parts needed to be able to do the swap yourself in your home garage, and drive the car. Assume the rest is ready to go like chassis mods, tires, wheels safety equip, etc. Everything is done but you need an engine, tranny, wiring, ECU, and related parts for the swap to work.

FYI -- This is to get 500HP minimum at the crank.

Used engines from an online or shop advertised engine dealer will count as getting a brand new engine is out of the question for most people who would want to do this, but I'm not stopping anyone from wanting to put it in their quote.

I will consider Ebay shopping to be fair, but brand new parts only, NOT used. Of course that is at your own risk to be scrutinized by others who will see what you would use.

I'm working on this myself, but I know there are those out there who would like to know the answer to this and can back up their claims.
                    Last edited by Lifer; 06-21-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Great thread on 2JZ S chassis swap.
                      http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3841...is-thread.html

Zero mile 2JZ short blocks straight from Toyota are $2,000, shipped to your door. Call your local Toyota dealer. How much are factory LS motors delivered?

Searching an LS1 forum on this subject the opinions were sort of surprising. The consensus seemed to be its cheaper to build up to 600 hp on a 2J and less wear and tear on the drive train. Of course they support the LS1 for any other purposes such as peak hp and low end torque due to displacement and road racing due to the lighter weight. Still surprising that they would concede anything though.

I think for drifting, once smaller teams learn to drift while keeping tire spin up and improve setups to compensate for the extra weight up front, 2JZ will become a more practacle solution.
                      Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-22-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                        http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3841...is-thread.html

Zero mile 2JZ short blocks straight from Toyota are $2,000, shipped to your door. Call your local Toyota dealer. How much are factory LS motors delivered?
                        Which dealer did you call? I got a quote of $3200.00 and that did not include shipping. Also this was coming straight from Japan so shipping was going to be north of $1,000.

GM short blocks are anywhere from $800 for an LT1, up to $3200 for a big block LS9. You can get a turn key LS3 525hp brand new for about $6200 (not shipped)

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3841...is-thread.htmlSearching an LS1 forum on this subject the opinions were sort of surprising. The consensus seemed to be its cheaper to build up to 600 hp on a 2J and less wear and tear on the drive train. Of course they support the LS1 for any other purposes such as peak hp and low end torque due to displacement and road racing due to the lighter weight. Still surprising that they would concede anything though.
                        Ya i saw that thread. Very interesting indeed. I don't know if i aggree with less wear on the drivetrain with the 2Jz. To me its not going to matter which engine is choosen. Both are making big numbers and while the LS1 has more torque, it has a broader curve.

Funny that the LS1 guys conceed to the 2J for drifting, looking at the Lexus and other import forums, the general concusnuss is the LS1 is the better swap.
                        I still belive that the Ls1 is going to be far easier to get parts for in a pinch.

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3841...is-thread.htmlI think for drifting, once smaller teams learn to drift while keeping tire spin up and improve setups to compensate for the extra weight up front, 2JZ will become a more practacle solution.
                        I actually was thinking just the opisite. 5 years ago i would have said the 2JZ saw the more practical choice. Now you can purchase swap kits for nearly any chassis, and the engines are so plentiful things have become alot cheaper. Teams have sorted out what ever bugs there were associated in the swap and info is plentiful as the engines. To me the broader torque curve alone is worth the swap. In terms of building there's enough info on both engines to build to the power levels that you want if you decide to build the motors yourself, but i still think there's something that U.S. builders are seriously lacking in terms of building up Japanesse engines for competition that they haven't figured out yet.

On a final note, V8's just sound better. Hahaha

Comment

I think it depends on the horsepower you are trying to make.

Comment

I guess Saito did drift a V8 car....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PbxCpoIQTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and he liked it!

Comment

And it was LHD...welcome to 2010!

Daigo was suppose to drive a Mustang years ago in D1GP...never happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X