coupe or hatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coupe or hatch?

what are the pros and cons of coupe and hatchback? I seen alot of ppl go after the hatchbacks for some reason. is it because coupes are rare to come by? or is there other reasons. please feel free to share your thoughts on this.......

cuz the hatch 240sx's in the states look better than the 240sx onevias...or thats what the people in the states think...i think it looks alright, but stock the onevia looks funny with 180sx lights and silvia tail lights

Comment

I think the onevia looks nice with sleepy eyes...lowered and nice wheels. .::drool::.

Well, the car in the pic doesnt have sleepy eyes...or they are just down.
      Last edited by Rooney; 03-21-2004, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I like the Hatch, because it was inexpensive when I bought it, and It kinda grew on me, someday it'll be a Sil eighty but for now, it remains with the stock body. makes life easier to avoid rice boys and the police from asking questions.

Comment

the coupe weighs about 30 lbs less.. so in mechanical specs, the coupe is probably the best bet.. however that 30 lbs i guess would technically add more weight to the back of a car that's seceptable to understeer.

in other words, it really just comes down to your own personal prefrence and what you want to do with the car.

Comment

Mechanical advantage. The coupe is alittle lighter and alittle stiffer.

Where as the hatch has a better weight distribution.

These differences are so slight just get what you prefer. Also it is true there are more hatchs and there cheaper. Also i think they sold more hatch 5 speeds.

Anyways coupes arent so rare that that should stop you from getting one if you want it.

Comment

Freeway I like your thinking. You hit the nail on the head. You all should be thinking this way. Sure flashy cars and big body kits are cool looking but you all need to be thinking down low. What we all are doing is not held in too high regard with the local crack unit of badge flashers. So the lower the profile the better. To look at my FD you all would think it's not low profile but it really is. Since everything is black, the police can't see whats all on it and it looks stock. Also for some reason they just don't pay it much attn. There are very few of them around here and mine is pretty much the only one that was on the road daily. They actually wave at me now. It's pretty funny. But if I ride around in my friends Civic they are on him like stink on a bears butt. He doesn't understand it and I laugh about it all the time. It's all about how you present your car and yourself.

So you guys want to be underground, be underground. No Blister kits or J-Blood on bumpers and 19 inch bronze Volks. Keep your car stock looking and put all that gooey goodness under the skin where it belongs. Heck, i'm running stock wheels on my FD. But thats cause I think like Puffy. It's all about the Ben Franklins and I ain' got none.
              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-21-2004, 01:28 PM.

Comment

yeah your right.

Personally i think the coupes fly under the radar easier. Cops see a hatch back car and they think fast and the furious for some reason. But even so 240sx are pretty low key. My white coupe, even with my "sport compact car" decal on the driver side back window seems to roll on by, Cops dont even give me a second look. And im going down interstate 5, highway patrol pass me pretty often, Ignoring speeding that would of, and did land me a ticket when i was borrowing my moms bright red spoiler equiped 2001 civic.

White 240 coupe, black steel wheels, they never see it comming lol.

Comment

Agreed. Driving a red Civic is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. THey don't like the Civics up here actually more than they don't like Mustangs and Camaros. In Asslanta alot of people are selling there compacts and getting back into the muscle cars because the cops are so focused on the imports now.

What kind of world do we live in where police are more interested in busting 4 cylinders than V8's? A good world as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Yeah nothings safer then a kid whos never driven before behind the wheel of a car with real power....

just wait, some guy will make amovie called "Rotor!" with the subtitle "The 'R' is for EXCITEMENT!"

and then cops will be all about busting rotary powered vehichles... they wont understand what they are.. but they will want to ticket them!

Comment

i'd go for a coupe just because no many ppl have them.

Comment

I wish I woulda taken pics of my car when i first got it.

the damn thing looked like Uncle ben owned it.

NASTY erebuni shogun kit that was broken and held on with any number of adhesives, Zip ties and drywall screws. the biggest wing you could imagine, and the nastyest green paintjob in the world with some stupid vinyl graffix on the windows. the car was bone stock mechanically and had some stereo equipment put into it. Buddy's brother owned it, he blew the SOHC KA24 and i offered him $800, all i had. he took it and bought a civic hatch. the rest is history. I spent the next year taking that car appart and getting it to look stock again. I put another SOHC in it and got it running. I was more into the muscle at that point and had no idea what drifting was (as a sport in J-pan), I bought a mustang and dropped massive amounts of cash i had saved for a car into it. made myself a drag car and then sold it. I still had my 240SX sitting in the garage, and my sister was approaching driving age, meaning either i needed to get rid of it, sell it to her or sell my car I had at the time. I chose to sell my Jetta and kept the 240. I got a suspension kit for it and started into the drag scene with it, and quickly dropped out. after I blew the second motor in the car, i switched to a twincam KA24 and make about 200hp with it right now. it isn't anything spectacular but it gets the job done for what i do with it. someday i'll be able to afford the FMAX kit for the KA24. I want it to be a complete sleeper, and i'll put the s14 shark eye front end with a stock looking bumper, put the Sil eighty whale tail, and some simple looking rims. just make it look classy and have it all one color, no vinyl, no race logo's, just the sil eighty logo on the B pillar and rear tail lamp. clean and simple and under the Riceboy/police radar. I dont drive it to school, and as far as people there know its back in MN. I dont want it stolen or any of the components taken out of it.

Comment

Ha ha.. Yeah, They dont bust us Rotary ppl. Hell I was doing about 80mph and the cop was trying to hide @ my blind spot so he can bust me, but I totally saw him and slowed down, Just passed me by. It was cool because if it was a civic all G'd up and doing 80 I would've been stopped a mile ago

Well, maybe because my car is pretty sad already he he. The red paint is almost faded I just have safety stuff (like bucket seats, and such). As far as the outside, it's pretty stock except for some motegi rims.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE

Well, maybe because my car is pretty sad already he he. The red paint is almost faded I just have safety stuff (like bucket seats, and such). As far as the outside, it's pretty stock except for some motegi rims.
                            that sounds exactly like my car, no bumps, no fancy paint inside or out, no extravagant body kit. just a jenson deck and faded red paint. oh and Motegi gunmetal MR7s

Comment

Working...
                            X