APEXi PS Revolution Exhaust...very interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APEXi PS Revolution Exhaust...very interesting

Anybody else see the add for it? Pretty cool if you ask me. If you don't know what it is its a exhaust system with a "active valave" system inside the actual muffler. So when street driven it's quietlike stock, but at WOT it opens the valves and screens like a open muffler....What bother's me though is the add says for highly tuned street cars, which brings the quesiton, will a minorly tuned street not have enough exhaust pressure to open the valve system??? cause thats how it's suppose to be activated....very interesting though, thinking about getting one for the miata....
    ---------------
    as for looks, it clean but the weird fan/valave thingie looks akward form the outside....if u have Import Tuner's April 2k4 issue, its on page 19....

this will be gr8 for making sleepers

Comment

If you're worried about the car not being powerful enough to activate, why not just get the manual one? A'PEXi has one that has one of their trademark little control boxes in the cockpit, which has a know that controls the "iris" on the muffler.

Comment

i'm not worried really, jus wondering....cause it may be, or may not be a problem...

Comment

They had it on my Tokyo Auto Salon Best Motoring video. Looks pretty interesting. PLus they are releasing their new cats

Comment

i just read in a magazine some car having this stock from the factory. the valve opens up when it is wot or goes above 3500 rpm. definately cool idea. rather simple one at that. so can it fool the CARB tests and strict emissions here in CA? hmmm

Comment

Working...
            X