corolla ae86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corolla ae86

fellow drifters, im new to this whole scene and for the past month have been researching which car would be the best match for me. I've decided to go with and AE86 (86 corolla coupe) but i was wondering if some veterans could help me out because there are so many different names for this car.

What is/are? :

-Trueno?
    -Levin?
    -Corolla gts(same as ae86?)
    -SR5?
    -JDM?
    -Hachi roku?

they all mean (insert answer from yahoo/google)

Comment

ah...another fellow AE86 driver. congrads on choice of car.

1.Trueno- This car comes with the pop-up headlights
      2.Levin- this are bar headlights on some types of ae86 in japan
      3.Corolla gts(same as ae86?)- yeaaaa....the gts has the 4AG engine in it and better suspension??? the 4AG fo sure though that had about 130-40 hp
      4.SR5- a SOHC 3AG? that had like 70hp...u dont want this
      5.JDM- Japanesse Domestic Market
      6.Hachi roku- Japanesse name for 86

Comment

anbody here selling one? i havent had very good luck with ebaymotors or auto trader

Comment

I'll explain further.

1.Trueno- AE86, AE92, AE101, and AE111 model. The 86 and 92 Truenos were distinguishable from Levins because they had popuplights.

2.Levin- Same as above. But the Levins had non-popups the whole way through.

3.Corolla gts - Pretty much the USA equivelant of the AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT- Apex model sold in Japan. It has the 4AGC engine, which was slightly modifed to meet California standards. Output is about 130 horsepower.

4.SR5- The SR5 sports the 82hp 4AC motor. It also has no LSD, and drum brakes in the back. You can swap all the se components from a GT-S. It's quickly becoming the cheaper alternative.

6.Hachi roku- In Japanese, hachi means 8. Roku means 6.

Comment

Originally posted by hotnikkxs
            anbody here selling one? i havent had very good luck with ebaymotors or auto trader
            www.club4ag.com

It's gonna cost you =\

Comment

check club4ag.com in the cars for sale section. gl with your choice. a great car but overpriced for what you get =/

Comment

hey

If i were u id go for a 240sx (nissan) or an fc (rx7) youll probly find out you can get these cars for a lot cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by hotnikkxs

theres at least two people on here selling them right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X