Alfa Romeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo

so i was just looking for cars i would like to buy, and saw some alfa romeos around me. does anyone have some in depth information on these? ill check google, but n e help is apreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5356

r u thinking a gtv6? or one of the classic alfas?

Comment

yea, a gtv6, those seem to be the right one for me.

Comment

Watch yourself with Alfa's. They are cool cars, especially the GTV6's. Did you know that Callaway made a twin turbo version of that? Just like the Vette's he also did Alfas. I rode in one and it's a hoot. Pretty fast. But the Alfa's are hard on maintenance. They are expensive to keep up and parts are high. They also are hard to keep running. I hung out at a shop that did Alfas and that Callaway was in that place at least once a month. This guy did not drive it hard, he used it to take his dog to the park. Funny how people with money think. The back seat was covered in hair.

But if you are determined to get one, the GTV6 is the one to get. A friend of mine (from that shop) campaigned the earlier version of that body as an IT car with pretty good success on a local level. They are pretty light, decent weight distribution and look really cool. I still say if you are going to learn, get a 240 or a Corolla, if just for the ease of parts and maintenance.

Comment

good info ghost...

Comment

true the alfas look...well they look kinda funny really. and they have very weak precise but weak very weak very very very weak trannys and axles, and motor mounts, and heads , and everything else. If do get one rewire it and totally franskenstien the whole car, different rear suspension different axles and tranny and engine trust me its cheaper than having to rebuild it piece by piece if you dont belive me get a alfa catalog like intl auto they have the best prices and they are still expensive plus ther arent but a few dealerships to get parts from if you want a lost cause get a cat not a alfa

Comment

thanks everyone, good info. not buying it, but just wondering what it could be like. thanks again

Comment

im sorry if my post came off a little end of the world crazy guy. but like always ghosts arguments for or against make more sense and are a lot more eloquent but alfas are expensive they make rx7 rebuilds look cheap for the bill

Comment

Working...
                X