S14 240SX or 93' MR-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 240SX or 93' MR-2?

I was wondering. I'm getting a new car and I'm either going for an S14 240 or an MR-2 turbo. I'm into both Touge and drifting so I'm wondering what would be a better type that would be competitive in both. I know that the MR-2 isn't as popular as the 240's are when it comes to drifting so I'm just curious Just wanting to know other peoples opinions.

MR2

Cant go wrong with a stock turboed car. i still love my 240 though.

Comment

go with the s14. in the drift bible D-king says the s14 is a good balanced car and the mr2 s have more oversteer. i personally like bigger cars for drifting cause they look better. like nomuraken's 4door r34, ueno's jzz30. have u seen miatas drift? they don't look like they're that sideways. also mr2 is 2seater, s14 is a 4seater even though space very tight u can put spare wheel/tires on the backseats. i find that very usefull. hope it helped. drift on.

Comment

Go with an S14. It'll be hard to learn on an MR.

Comment

ok sw20mr2 good for grip...carefull of the snap spin while drifting(MR problem)
          S14/240sx...thats what i would go with..if it came down to them two cars...there both very diffrent types of cars...

Comment

I guess what i ment to say was is all i need the calipers rotors and lines?

i figured first hand info (well second hand) from ghost brother would be the best bet.

Anyways sorry for not searching about it.

Comment

Don't listen to them, get the mr2!!!

Comment

Well if you learn to drift VERY WELL with the MR2 people will think more highly of you than if you drift at the same level with an S14.

Comment

my vote go for the s14.

Comment

yea my first choice was an S14, but I like to do both drifting and touge. Plus the SR20 swap will be pricey but hey, its worth it. Oh well, 240 it is! Thanks guys.

Comment

If you've never done MR, I wouldn't try it. You will spin heads over tails more often than you will ever go straight attempting drifting with a MKII MR2 turbo. Go with a S14. It's much more predictable. This coming from someone who's owned and driven them for a long, long, long time. I have owned 5 cars in my life, 3 of them have all been first generation MR2s. I'm selling mine now for a FR platform, simply because it's better. You can do drifting in a MR2, but you will NOT get high drift angles with a MR car. Just not possible because of the weight and where it's placed in the chassis. Also, because of the suspension geometry in the rear.

Comment

IF...

if you like small cars then go with the MR-2

Comment

I love my s14, if i had the chance id still choose an s14 the KADE isn't the fastest motor. there is the srdet you could do, you dont have to but many do. I see nothin wrong with KA-T setup or the SR. Ive seen a 91 JDM MR2 try and drift (driver not experienced) lots of over correcting and the angle of no return (spin out) wasn't very far from the angle of a nice controlled slide. just my opinion.

Comment

ok u cant go past a certain angle or the back end will come out. but i have 91 turbo mr2, and its not as bad as everyone says it is. ive been learnin on it. just if u get 1, make sure u get lsd asap. and if not become friends with ur e brake, its very hard to break the back end loose. my technique i use is sorta a feint shift lock and i pull the e brake if i dontt brake the back end as loose as i want it to. but im a newbie at this drifting thing so im just learning.

Comment

Working...
                            X