2005 Mustang GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Mustang GT-R

this is crazy. I doubt its anything more than a concept. But i'd be an insane domestic drift car!

Sweet i want it

Comment

stanger

i wanna see t he motor if ne has ne more pics lemme know k thanks

Comment

Take Parnellie Jones' 302 Boss T/A car, add 35-36 years of development and voila.

Comment

I didnt even realize, there using the GT-R name for it. I Wonder why they picked such a name instead using a more common traditional mustang name boss or cobra or something

Of course R is for racing, and its the natural progression from a GT Mustang.

What series is that racing in? or did ford just make it up as an example of what could be? will there be production Mustang GT-Rs? so many questions

Comment

Now that a think about it though, the R isnt that foreign to the mustang, Shelby produced his GT350s, and out of those he made about 30 GT350Rs that where complete full on race cars.

Comment

They had a GT-R as recently as 2001. It was the crazy red one with huge wing and really deep chin spoiler. All of the magazines were doing competitions between that car, the old Viper and the ZO6.

Comment

Oh right, actualy that wasnt a GT-R was it? but rather a Cobra R

but your right, i guess the R badge has been pretty familar with them recently

more pics http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/2005-Mustang-GTR/
                Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-06-2004, 12:33 PM.

Comment

very Boss 302ish. I think it should have been a Boss.

Comment

indeed very boss 302 like.

Man the new mustang will start under 20 grand and be rear wheel drive and have about 200 horse power in the v6, that sounds like an Excellent drift vehichle to me

especialy if its closer to 16 grand then 20 grand for the v6.. im not a drag racer, im not concerned with having to have a v8.. i still stick by the idea that i think they should offer a inexpensive handling package on the v6, maybe even a IRS option all under 20 grand

Comment

call me carzy!

does anybody see a resemblence to the r-34 gtr. I mean it kind of has almost the same body type. If this is way to obvious then ignore my comment. But I hade to bring it up.

Comment

I knew the GT-R name didn't seem right. I'm losing it. I used to be the car encyclopedia, especially for domestics, but I'm losing it! Ha ha!

I'm so embarrased. I knew it was a Cobra R. I'm gonna stop drinking so much. I'm turning retarded!

Comment

Well i always thought the R34 had a very musclular look to it. remenescent of the old mustangs. Its possible even that both cars have drawn inspiration from each other.

But the R34 and the Mustang have long hoods and are coupes. I think the R34 is alittle smaller. they are surpisingly small in person! in picture they look huge because of there stance and look. the mustang may indeed be the same way, i havent seen one of these knew ones in person, indeed few have.

The name is obviously similar, However like we started ford has used the GT and the R name before. And Nissan didnt exactly invent "GT-R" The r34 is lower around the waist line though then this mustang is, I think its lower in general.

But yeah good observation. They do have simularites but they were built around similar principals and looks.

Comment

Originally posted by TRusst
                            I knew the GT-R name didn't seem right. I'm losing it. I used to be the car encyclopedia, especially for domestics, but I'm losing it! Ha ha!

I'm so embarrased. I knew it was a Cobra R. I'm gonna stop drinking so much. I'm turning retarded!
                            welcome to the club!

Comment

As for a racing series to put it in...It looks like a natural for the Speed Channel GT Cup series. Put it up against those factory Caddilac CTS-Vs, the Factory M3s, and the Factory Audi RS6Rs or whatever they call that hulk of a car and you have one of the strongest racing series in the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X