ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little out there but... - Best Game to Drift in? Your Picks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So am i the only one who bought need for speed underground? yeah it's pretty ricey but the drift mode is pretty fun, i dunno i'm not all that into video games so it's fun for me

Comment

Nah, Racer still rules. Like Live for Speed, it's an independant project made by one single person. However, anyone with some skills in modelling, texturing and physics can create cars and tracks. The result is a lot of bad cars and tracks, but if you spend some time trying out different cars, you'll certainly find something that you'll like.

Get the game at www.racer.nl. Stick with v0.5.0f at first, then when you've worked everything out, try the newest beta's. Most updates, cars, tracks etc. is found at www.racesimcentral.com, in the Racer forum.

As for drift cars, try out some of my modded cars...

Nissan 350Z RS*R

Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)

And these are some of the cars that will be released in the future...

This last car is actually allready released. I'm making a Ueo version for it as we speak, and it will be released tonight I guess

Comment

That S.hit looks mad nice. I'm checkin it out now.

Comment

kaido battle 2... it's like the first game, but with better physics, better course models and less annoying crap (like having to go back to your garage every time you need to change tires).

Comment

downloading Racer ! thats looks so crazy, i hope it plays as good as it looks

Comment

Small note, LFS is developed by 3 people, lol.
              I don't recall if you can play it with a Mac. A quick look at LFS's site says no. There are no game downloads for Mac or Linux. If it will be ported to anything other than a Microsoft based system, I don't know...kind of doubt it. You may get lucky after the final release in maybe a couple years when the developers get some free time to think about those things.

Hmm, Racer...I'll have to check that out. I hope the physics holds up to the looks. Physics and gameplay are the two things that brought me to and kept me with LFS, that and the user/developer interaction is awesome. I'll have to check out Racer, heard about it once in a while but haven't really looked into it.

Comment

Here's a skin...
                Attached Files

Comment

I've played LFS, GT3, and Racer. Here's what I've found:

LFS: The only 2 problems i've got in LFS are the fact that the physics seems to "hold" the car at extreme angles, there aren't any real cars, and some players can be real cocky (coughcoughNoAntsGBcoughcough). Other than that it's pretty fun.
                  GT3: Love it, only game I can race a Z06 alongside a Skyline. Only probs I got with GT3 is that they get some of the car sounds wrong. The C5R doesn't have that sweet guttural roar in the game like it does in real life. Sounds like a ticked-off bumblebee in the game.

Racer: Have tried to play it but I just can't get the hang of driving with the mouse. Wish it had KB controls.

GT4: Can't wait, but from what I've read some of my favorites are gonna be missing: No C5R, no 98 Camaro SS, Tickford Falcon, and no C5R. But oh baby the FORD GT is in there!! 3 words FORD GT LM EDITION!!! Cannot WAIT for this one!! Makes me drool thinkin about roasting virtual Skylines :P Wish the 5.0 was in there. But thankfully the good ole Z06 is in there. Plus I'm welcoming the improved engine sounds for the V8 cars, the improved physics and better backrounds.

Btw anybody have an OFFICIAL carlist for GT4?

Comment

"hold" the cars? The cars have a natural angle they like to be at when the rear tires a spinning. It actually takes some effort to get the cars to take low angle drifts. You have to be light with the throttle. There's that fine line you have to maintain. If you just gun it and let the rear end go out. It'll stay way out. The LX's really like to be very sideways. The LX is a clone of a British roadster(I think British, not sure which one). A small note, LFS does not use any "real" cars. They are all faketicious representations of cars you'd see in real life.

I'm downloading Racer now, about 20min left. I checked out the forum too. The car setups remind me of the NFS3 days where you could model and tweak your own cars to your will. It's nice to play with, but I'm not sure how it will turn out. Also, a realistic representation isn't possible without true car data. It's only guessing for most. I'll have to see how the physics feel.

One other one I should checkout is Netkar. I've heard decent about this, but a movie clip of it didn't impress me greatly. It seemed promising though. I might have to download it. LFS is just ahead of the game though timewise. The other developments need another year each to get up to LFS current level. Each is unique though and all could be fun.

Comment

Game?

GT3 all the way, i just hate it how i race a 10 race series or something and get some 4 wheel drve monster when im hoping to get a nice silvia or rx-7 race car.

Comment

i have had probs running racer. i f***ed it up and i dont know how to fix it. But it is a really really cool game.

Comment

K first off you don't need a mod chip to play the Jap games. My whole set up to play them cost me 60 bucks and that was because I didn't buy the combo. It's like 45.53 or something like that to be able to play the Jap games. KB2 cost me 9.99 plus shipping off of EBay and KB1 cost me 19.99 p/s. I also have Battle Gear 3 coming and it cost me 20.95 p/s. All these off Ebay. The set up for the PS2 consists of the Swap Magic disks and the Flip top cover. Thats it.

Haven't done LFS yet but hear its awesome. I'll let everyone know how Battle Gear 3 is.

Comment

Well, I downloaded Racer and gave it a spin. I downloaded the Tureno as well and tried that out. The models are beautiful. Graphics wise, the cars people are making are for lack of a better word, sexy. I only hope LFS will get to that point come the 3rd and final version. At that point graphics and sound should be a priority.

Back to Racer...I see a possible good future for the game. The physics seems to be decent but not quite there. I hope that part is as ongoing as the cars and tracks. If so, it could become a great game. I love the community based car and track creation. It's one thing I loved back in the earlier NFS days.

Physics wise, Racer is a little outdated, but it's trying. For now(and probably for a while), LFS is my number 1 racer. You can't beat the awesome physics of LFS even in its first stage of development. The graphics and sound improvement will come later. In the end, LFS will offer car and track building utilities as well(couple years down the line). For now, physics, physics, physics is key for LFS's developement. Sorry to say, LFS toasts Racer in that department, and for drifting, that's what counts.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.... www.liveforspeed.com I think will work.... it takes time to get the drifting to work. I got a setup that works well. AIM me at Goral1023 if you want it. Demo is great. 20 bucks for the full game and a lot of people play it.
                              Last edited by PolishA4Art; 04-12-2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

hey what about the arcade Battle Gear 3?! That game is so realistic...it even has the e-brake for those who havent played it...that game by far outperforms every other drift-game out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X