I know I am going to get Flamed. GTO thread here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I am going to get Flamed. GTO thread here

Hi I am kinda new here. ok well there are other threads about Rhys and his GTO. Needles to say I did not like his car. But then I thought to my self what if it was a 1965 Pontiac GTO that would be cool to see one of those DRIFT.

why do you not like his car, and why is it needless to say. I dont understand the people on this forum.
    Last edited by eric240; 04-11-2004, 01:51 PM.

Comment

It's heavy, and it's probably running leaf-type suspension. Probably not fun to drift or watch.

Comment

You guys are confusing...I constantly hear people talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the GTO about being heavy and blah blah blah. Yet they love Nomukens Skyline (which is way heavier then the GTO), Supras (bigger/heavier), and chasers (which are also bigger and heavier). The australian version of the GTO has already been recognized as a great race car with a shitload of potential.

Comment

He said 1965 GTO. That's gotta be over 4 grand.

Comment

actualy I think it just bearly hits it. The car was desighned as a stipped down power house. Personaly If I had a old goat I would keep it in its street trim and cruse that baby. Those cars are rare and the six pack even rarer. Dont waist a beutiful thing on drift. Find somthing else or trade me the car for one of my drift machines.

Comment

3,980 is the stock curb weight of a 1965 pontiac GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Unclever Name
                3,980 is the stock curb weight of a 1965 pontiac GTO
                Less than a Bently

And an old GTO doesnt have that big of an aftermarket suspension selection. Correct me If I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
                  Less than a Bently

And an old GTO doesnt have that big of an aftermarket suspension selection. Correct me If I'm wrong.
                  year one has some nice suspension conponets for it.

Comment

Well, I guess I stand corrected, but I'm sure they dont have that BIG of one.

Comment

Anybody ever here of Hotchkis? There is tons of stuff out there for these old muscle cars. But so what if there isn't! That is one thing that I hate about the aftermarket. This whole thing started over 50 years ago. It was called hot rodding back then, and the goal was different, and the cars were different...but it was still people hopping up their cars. Except for back then, there wasn't much of an aftermarket yet. Back then, if you wanted to do something, you had to do it yourself. And chances are, you would have to fabricate the parts yourself or figure out how to adapt the part from another car to your car. Just you and your friends, and your driveway or your garage. Pure DIY! But then guys like, Vic Edlebrock Sr., Stu Hilborne, Ed Iskenderian, Barney Navarro, all of these guys started using their knowledge to start their own companies to make parts to sell with their names on it.

Naturally everyone was stoked. Life had been made easier. The aftermarket was born. But fast forward to now. In the era where SEMA rules. We have a generation of hot rodders, cutomizers, tuners, engine builders...everybody who is dependent on the aftermarket. If there is nothing in the aftermarket then people just give up. Everybody is far too dependent on the aftermarket. People need to relearn how to use their brains, their imaginations, and their hands more and their credit cards less...and maybe not be so damned worried if the part is a domestic Japanese piece.

Also, I don't understand why everybody hates Millens' GTO. You do realize, that this similar to a Japanese person hating a Soarer because it is a domestic? Pretty stupid if you ask me. To me a sick car is a sick car. And I don't know about everybody else...but the cars are not the reason that I took an interest in drifting. To me it is more about the driving itself. And if I ever get a chance to attent a D1 event, it is going to be to see the drivers and their amazing capabilities...not their cars.

Comment

i agree with trusst. back then they were all about dragging. but thats not saying ppl dont make great suspension parts for old muscle car. i have a good friend that has a 74 camaro and that thing handles pretty darn well for an old muscle car. maybe ill have him come to a meet sometime. lol. he lives up in OC so it would probably be an OC meet. is anyone on this forum named kyle, tall asian, drives a primered black 240sx? if so....PM me. oh and lives up in anaheim or something close to that

Comment

*Round of applause for TRusst* Totally agree, even though I have really crappy fabrication skills lol

Comment

Yea for me if no company makes it for my car I'll make it myself like my rear STB, body kit, etc.

Comment

Why does everyone pick on old muscle cars? They may not be my favorite but I still like them somewhat, especially after this past Saturday when a crappy rusted-out El Camino beat everyone at Drift Showoff. If anyone can give me a link where I can post videos I'll show you some of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X