ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you pay to get roads blocked off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you pay to get roads blocked off?

i was reading drifting magazine the one that came out last summer and the dude they interviewed said option paid the cali cops to block off canyons and stuff. how in the name of all things holy would that happen with out paying 35000 a hour to do it cause i got some verrry goon soldiers out at ft bragg that started foaming at the thought i want know it all rights over my friends if anyone knows how what official i have to bribe to get it done just pop it up would i have to go the hwy patrol and st troopers and dot or what?

lets just say you gotta be rich for that type of shyt

Comment

Dude what do you and everyone else do when you see a blocked road sign or no enter sign........ you dont go in...soo just put one up and no one will enter...no ones gonna know your some drifter trying to find a spot..theyll just find some other way around..DOnt pay Just Set UP Signs

Comment

until an a$$ hole po comes and reports it to hq..it didnt work on base..we decided to pull a prank and put do not enter signs on a main street on base..but people just moved it out of the way..you have to put like "Road closed because its broken in half" oh something

Comment

I've been told by my friend who knows those people that the road being blocked off was BS. That they actually just said that so no one would try it on the public roads.

Comment

If you are a lagit production company you can go to the city or county and request a permision just like Hollywood. They give you the permision and the time slot. There is a fee but it aint that much. They run the toyota thing in long beach that dont cost to much. How bout a street fair same deal. Look into it.

Comment

Yea, say your gonna make a movie. But then you probably have to show insurance and stuff.

Comment

I'm curous about this too. How could you say to city hall or wherever you get the right that: "um, I'd like a section of road blocked off for like an hour, so my friends and I can drift for a while without the fear of hitting other cars. Um...is that possible?"

Is there a legit way of just saying you want a part of public street for a period of time? Could any Joe Smoe just do that? No movie, no big event, just have the right to just block off a section of road for no better reason than to drive wrecklessly(exabition driving, endangerment, etc...). I could see going to every house on that section and getting a written permission and having a legal document written up placing any and all liability associated with whatever you're doing solely on you and any other members that will be participating, and then having this approved by the city board or something. Yeah, I can see that happening...in a hundred years, lol.

Would you have to make up some bs excuse? "Yeah, um...we're having a parade, yeah that's it, a parade." "No cops please."

Comment

why dont yuys just drive with spotters and a radio just have 1 of your friends drive a lil bit ahead of you and warn u of any cars coming take turns spotting for the other.

ive done it a few times and we always slow down and drive normal when a car drives by.

Comment

IF a Cop comes just tell him your Practicing your drifting and he'll say Ok and you can keep on keepin on.

Comment

ahem ahem :warehouse districts: ahem...

Comment

movie company does it all the time! there must be some rules atteched to this however but i believe it all comes down to how much money's involved.

Comment

i wish i had a warehouse district around here. i live in a very surreal hazzard county /green cares from h ell sorta place. when i lived in florida i used to go out by the florida mall in orlando and slide around in the industrial park on landstreet that was some good times i do the spotter but the cops some times get sneaky and use the cell phones to trip us up since theres a lot of drug activity in my part of the state and they get really *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* over a car going fast or "recklessly" or if they feel like trying to be snarky i might just try that movie bit it might work tell the cop i will give him a film credit for it as police officer frendly

Comment

Originally posted by Tighty_wh1tey
                            why dont yuys just drive with spotters and a radio just have 1 of your friends drive a lil bit ahead of you and warn u of any cars coming take turns spotting for the other.

ive done it a few times and we always slow down and drive normal when a car drives by.

cuz thats ILLEGAL

Comment

Originally posted by Unclever Name
                              cuz thats ILLEGAL

Comment

Working...
                              X