Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vipers are cool MEYN!

Comment

• Viper isnt great, and im sure its not gonna be the best drift car. Dont worry, its not like its gonna bust on the scene and win everything, when the Japanese are 10 years ahead of our Drift tuning.

Comment

• what if instead of an american driver... its a japanese driver...O_o throw that into the mix.

Comment

• Has it not occurred to anyone that there isnt a single car on the D1 that you can go and buy right from the factory? The cars on the D1 are purpose built drift cars. Each company puts alot of time and money into these cars and by the time they are done there isnt a single one that is a cheap sports car.
          All the people on this thread that hate the Viper are most likly the same people that hated the GTO and booed it until they heard the drift king say he liked it. After that all the idiots started cheering for it. Although this isnt going to change the minds of anyone on here its teh truth, once they stop complaining about the Viper they will find something else to complain about becuase thats all they can do!

Comment

• Originally posted by fbmx24
            Has it not occurred to anyone that there isnt a single car on the D1 that you can go and buy right from the factory? The cars on the D1 are purpose built drift cars. Each company puts alot of time and money into these cars and by the time they are done there isnt a single one that is a cheap sports car.
            All the people on this thread that hate the Viper are most likly the same people that hated the GTO and booed it until they heard the drift king say he liked it. After that all the idiots started cheering for it. Although this isnt going to change the minds of anyone on here its teh truth, once they stop complaining about the Viper they will find something else to complain about becuase thats all they can do!
            indeed you obviously know more about what i like and why then i do.

A heard once that a D1 level car could cost between 10 thousand and 20 thousand dollars to build. Now start with a S13 or something and that is indeed a cheap sports car. Those cars are suposed to be street legal in there country of orgin.

The whole "one teams S13 cost 30 grand, so i dont see why your complaining that mopar is putting down two 80 thousand dollar vipers... plus mods" arguement is very weak. Big jump there buddy from a fully built expensive 30 grand car to a 160 thousand dollars in stock vehichles. Hell if your going to spend 160 thousand dollars why doesnt someone just run a Drift Enzo Ferrari. I mean if your going to do 160k why not start with a 600,000 dollar car. Hell why not get a team of two Enzo Ferraris. I mean afterall its not like those S13s are even stock.

Try not to let my sarcasm put you off from this site, and <b>welcome to the board.</b> However i do not apreciate being told that im basicly a racist when it comes to cars. That is deffenately not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisfromda909
              what if instead of an american driver... its a japanese driver...O_o throw that into the mix.
              As for this, this wouldnt effect my arguement in any way. However i believe you were referring to the guys who mentioned that the japanese are 10 years ahead of us right?

Comment

• LOL!!! A viper is a great car, a great car at gripping the road and going super fast on turns without sliding, so are most supercars. A supercar in the world of drifting would, to me, alsmost be a disadvantage. Now, if a auto manufacturer where to design a car specifically for drifting, something that didn't even resemble a road car then, and only then would I be worried about the 10-20k drift nissans or toyotas not being able to keep up. Look at it this way. A supercar is supposed to stick to the road like glue so the sport of drifting kind of defeats the original engineering
                characterisics. This is why an AE86 with 180hp can beat a 500hp S15.

Comment

• Indeed. However im not afraid that the big mean ol viper is gonna beat all of the drift cars. Nor am i saying they shouldnt be allowed. I am simply stating i dont like the idea of a viper drifting. and i listed a bunch of reasons why. Most boil down to the fact that i think drifter is mainly a sport for inexpensive sports cars. the super car seems out of place. Im sure with tunning they can be competitive. But i honestly dont see the point of bringing the viper, All of its extra power is really not going to help that much. All of its extra grip wont help that much. Its weight (which isnt awful) wont help, because only a few cars are going to be heavier.

the viper is cool and all, but when it comes down to it i will cheer for the car its up against. Be it Silvia, 86, or even GTO. Though i do indeed wish best of luck to the viper team and especialy the drivers, well and the mechanics making it possible.

One good thing is perhaps this will bring alittle more legitamacy for drifting among the hard core domestic fans, Should really help those who drift domestics, and are looking for maybe sponsorship, or aftermarket support. I just wish dodge offered a inexpensive RWD sports car they could drift. They have that crossfire platform they could do something to, but they really dont offer a car in the catagory i like to see drifting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    As for this, this wouldnt effect my arguement in any way. However i believe you were referring to the guys who mentioned that the japanese are 10 years ahead of us right?
                    actually no i wasnt... i was just saying that some of the people arguing wouldnt care about the viper drifting if it had a japanese driver instead of an american. im not saying anyone in particular but look at the people who booed the GTO for being an american car... and then cheered for it because the drift king liked it. i booed because i didnt like the full factory backing like you were talking about and i didnt change my mind because of drift king liking it.

Comment

• The viper can drift, ANY car can drift, but as the rules go Sams is not cool. look i didnt read this whole post, but I know that sam's viper is not legal, for D1 and Formula D, and its in the rule book. it breaks the rules in two places, but they know that and have to have a new car at the start of next season. If it was a street viper than there really shouldnt be an argument, but since it is a race car, we are where we are.

Comment

• The Viper Competition Coupe isn't a tube framed car. But it's not street legal either.

You know what the real solution is? Dodge brings the Razor project back (the one that was supposed to be "production ready" then killed). Then offer contingency for drifting like auto makers do in other forms of motorsport. Everybody wins, and they might actually sell a few cars!

(For those who don't remember, the Razor was the bare-bones 250hp RWD 6-speed coupe targeted in the $15k-20k range. But only a concept car, and the production plan was cancelled)

Comment

• i think they should keep drifting to japanese cars only.

Comment

• No offense Hudson, [EDITED] While this topic is up here I might aswell add my opinion to the bascially 2 sided discussion. I agree that car manufacturer's should not be able to sponsor drift cars. For the record, all RWD cars should be allowed in D1 as long as they follow the rules, it's just not fair when a giant like that sponsors a super car like that, because they have way more resources backing them up. This has already been argued in this thread to death... it should probably be locked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Mecha
                              No offense Hudson, [EDITED] While this topic is up here I might aswell add my opinion to the bascially 2 sided discussion. I agree that car manufacturer's should not be able to sponsor drift cars. For the record, all RWD cars should be allowed in D1 as long as they follow the rules, it's just not fair when a giant like that sponsors a super car like that, because they have way more resources backing them up. This has already been argued in this thread to death... it should probably be locked.
                              No need to lock it.. All the arguements were made before the viper ever had a chance to compete, and when it was considered to be a street legal vehichle. Now that its won 2 competitions BUT at the same time doesnt really follow the rules alot more discussion can take place.. Anyone have views that differ now that they have seen it in action? because its a hell of a beast and sam is hell of a driver, i saw him at laguna seca.

Originally posted by Hudson r34
                              i think they should keep drifting to japanese cars only.
                              For the record this is one of the dumbest most ignorant things i have heard in a long time. Why should it stay only japanese cars?

Comment

• Is it even a debate any more?
                                the viper has been in for a long time now, and so is the gto.
                                yawn. call me when they actually drift a for lap or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X