does anybody know?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know?......

can anybody tell me what blow off valve is on the skyline in 2 fast 2 furious?

I think it was that 19.99 give your car a turbo sound thing on ebay. Are you looking for one that makes noise or are you just interested in what it was

Comment

over here in california we only like blow off valves for the noise they make. Who cares what they do for the car?! its all about the noise man!

Comment

oh god help us!

Comment

Who needs a BOV??? NA power all the way. Everybody should have supercarged 12As. Ha ha.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!1

Comment

I just like saying BOV. Sounds like the name of some underwear or something funny like that.

Comment

My friend is a member of some satrun forums (he owns a Saturn Ion, like you care though) and hes said some guy on there was like "Can I install a bov without getting a turbo?"

We just kind of laughed.

Comment

I blew away a Honda here because he didn't realize that my FD was turbocharged. He asked if it had a Turbo and I said no, he said "I heard a BOV". I told him that it was one I got off Ebay. He couldn't see any turbo so he bought it and raced me for 50 bucks. I spanked him like a bad baby. When we got back to the line he said, and I quote "you said it wasn't turbo" and I said "It's not, it's twin turbo'd, lemme give you pointer, ALL of these RX-7s were twin turbo'd". He got mad and I got my 50 bucks. It stands to reason that if you know ANYTHING about the import scene you know that FD's pack twins (at least). If you don't then you are in trouble. He was in trouble.

DO NOT put fake BOV's or Turbo sound pipes on your car. If you do and you line up on me, I will bury you, then laught at you and then laugh at your girlfriend. Maybe even your dog too.

Lemme tell you, I got stock BOV's on my car and once I vented them to the atmosphere, they sound like Jet Engines. They sound better than ANY aftermarket BOV I have ever heard. They are loud at slight throttle and when they get silent and close, watch out. Then they let out the most hideous swoosh-gargling sound you ever heard upon throttle lift. I love em and won't get rid of em.

Comment

BOV, BOV, BOV! HA HA!

Sorry

Comment

aw yes the factory bovs me and ghost love so much. Dont avaertise unless you can back it up other wise you are the fool

Comment

blow off valves are overrated.
                      compressor surge is far superior.

Comment

You guys are all idiots.

Just because he asked about what kind of BOV is used in the film,
                        you had to turn this thread into a playground mocking the person.

If you can't answer, don't post.

I don't have the answer but my guess is a GReddy BOV (Type R
                        perhaps) since Greddy was one of the major sponsors on the vehicle. Or perhaps it's an HKS SSBOV.

Comment

Or maybe it's by Foley Effects.
                          They have some good sounding stuff.
                          Their tires are loud and squeal at low speeds.

Comment

^Haha
                            No officer, I wasn't driving fast. They're supposed to do that! I was only doing 20mph on a 30mph corner! Why won't you believe me! <Officer hands you a ticket> Son of a...donut eating...oink, oink...lol.

Comment

as i recall it shot mist or condensed air out of both sides in jets, sounded like a BOV but it could of been nitrous purging. it is alittle rediculous either way because the skyline doesnt run a v series engine. so your not going to have turbos on both sides of the engine bay.. Anyways it did indeed sound impressive, probably the FX guys doing there jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X