ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed TV Article: (Drifting: Who, What and Why)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed TV Article: (Drifting: Who, What and Why)

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto...ndustry/10631/

Now, Drifters look at both to spin an amalgam of hot import night cruising and automotive muscle syncopated to the urban beat of hip-hop and rap.
    I've never ever associated hip hop to drifting. That's not to say I dont bump some Tribe Called Quest when I take my car out, but I fail to see the relationship between drifitng and a style of music that's been raped and beaten by mainstream america.

Comment

Why do they always associate people who like imports with the "gangsta" crowd? I'm tired of my image being cheapened by a bunch of ignorant old people.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
        Why do they always associate people who like imports with the "gangsta" crowd? I'm tired of my image being cheapened by a bunch of ignorant old people.
        Play on playa.

Comment

I'm not reading that isht.

Comment

Now, Drifters look at both to spin an amalgam of hot import night cruising and automotive muscle syncopated to the urban beat of hip-hop and rap.
            wow, that pissed me off

Comment

i guezz i gotsta turnz ganztaz now G'z...ROLLIN IN MAH ER FORCE WUNS...i hate this car generalization sh!t

Comment

I'm a huge hip hop fan and I don't even associate drifting with it.But I guess F&F has warped everyone to think that way, and also crazy commercials. Also crazy car shows with B-boys break dancin' and DJ's and all dat ish...

Comment

wHoa DrIfTinG is sO ReBeLouS aNd XtReEm.

i didnt even finish that crap.

Comment

drifting has now become mainstream, i think the apocolypse is coming soon.

There are now wannabes drifter in civics and other fwd obscenities driving around my basic spots. i cant even have fun anymore. Punk *Censored**Censored**Censored* f@ckers almost collided with me other weekend. ive been warning this might happen, and now it has.

bastards even tried to challenge me on my own course intheir little fwd pieces of sh!t. god i hate this!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adam
                      drifting has now become mainstream, i think the apocolypse is coming soon.

There are now wannabes drifter in civics and other fwd obscenities driving around my basic spots. i cant even have fun anymore. Punk *Censored**Censored**Censored* f@ckers almost collided with me other weekend. ive been warning this might happen, and now it has.

bastards even tried to challenge me on my own course intheir little fwd pieces of sh!t. god i hate this!!!!!!!!!!
                      Then you put them in their place.

"Bill Wood is an Emmy Award-winning journalist who’s covered the world of motorsports for five decades. He’s also a part of the nationally syndicated SpeedFreaks radio broadcast. He covers the tuning/compact scene for RACER."

Bill Wood can go *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* himself.As long as there's going to be morons like him,the American media will drag this down.Really,what's next,drifting a 240sx sitting on 20" spinnaz? According to what he claims the direction/what drifting is,it will happen,because that's where hip-hops at,the fake commercial stuff anyways.

Comment

i wanna see Nomura put some spinners on his 34 and drift....that'd be funny....

yea, that article was crap, but what do u expect? this is coming from people who don't have any drifting experience, they can only go by what they "research" or whatever, expect mangled views of the drifting community and the sport in itself. everything is gonna get messed up, someway, somehow. U just gotta put people in their place, and give it some time, i bet u this is only a fad. give a year or so, and it'll be gone, jus like Kelly Clarkson

Comment

damn...it has come to that...old guys who have "experience" thrashing the reality of what that sh!t is. how old is that guy? and did anyone notice that not one "origional" D1 competitor was even mentioned, much less quoted from? utterly pathetic...

Comment

Actualy once you get past the first two paragraphs its not so bad, give it a go.

As for me i listen to classic rock, not hip hop. And the stereo is off and the windows are down when i drift. my only sounds are the KA24 being pushed to higher RPMS then it really wants to.

Comment

Actualy once you get past the first two paragraphs its not so bad, give it a go.

As for me i listen to classic rock, not hip hop. And the stereo is off and the windows are down when i drift. my only sounds are the KA24 being pushed to higher RPMS then it really wants to.

aparently mopar is putting a two viper team out. i have more firepower for my viper debate... DX unlock it.

Comment

Working...
                              X