ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever heard of a drift truck...a real one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of a drift truck...a real one?

hey has anyone here ever heard of a truck...not a silvia conversion or anything...but like an early model tacoma or s10 or something like that drifting? i was thinking bout it and i would be totally origional...if noone else has done it. but there might be one problem...could you get the suspention tuned right with leaf springs?

um, not to sound like I'm flaming the noobs or anything, but the search button, is a valuable resource,
    yes to answer your question, everyone and thier mom, who has a RWD truck and wants to drift has tried it, even and el camino won the texas drift off or whatever. it is possible, but not practical which is why you don't see more people doing it,

Comment

My first rwd drifting was on my old 88 Ranger. Ideal, nope! It was way underpowered, way overweight, high CG, power nothing, but it was fun on the back roads. Gravel was all it could drift on...well that and snow and ice.

It's not the most practical as far as competative drifting. It's not bad to start and play with. For street you'll need some power and lower it some to help prevent the possiblity of a roll over. Corner speed will be lower than a smaller, lighter car. You'll probably wear out tires faster too. Other than that, it is driftable.

Comment

leaf springs can be replaced, very simple being that it's from the
        same family as a chevelle, which has coil springs in the back.
        oh dear, what have i done! the domestic secrets have been told!
        soon world wide people will know that other cars can be drifted!

what will become of the children.

Comment

didnt the most recent formula D event get taken by an El co?
          anyway drifting old compact trucks idnt a bad idea...and yes its been done..just please dont do it in a full sized truck or a SUV...thats just dumb

Comment

First car was an extended cab nissan hardbody that I plaied with alot (back pefore I knew what sliding was called, or how to really do it right). Then 2 cars later I had a 4 door Explorer that was ALOT of fun in the rain. So yeah, trucks, SUVs, and the like have been drifting for ever...just not in competition.

Good luck, and have fun if you decide to try and set it up for drift.

Comment

well sorry for the noob question...i jus wanted opinions, something i couldnt find with a search button. I have a 95 Tacoma reg. cab but it is lifted , not too good for street drifting, but I took it to glamis and in the sand, that thing drifts like a silvia. it was fun, but okay, thanx for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                didnt the most recent formula D event get taken by an El co?
                anyway drifting old compact trucks idnt a bad idea...and yes its been done..just please dont do it in a full sized truck or a SUV...thats just dumb

that was drift showoff. that elco was pretty sick and it had the crowd cheering!!!

the first formula drift is next weekend in atlanta. try to make it.....its going to be off the hook!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by raemi

the first formula drift is next weekend in atlanta. try to make it.....its going to be off the hook!!!!
                  Fo' Sheeeezie.

Shnozberries taste like shnozberries.

I should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by RZT w h i t e y
                    well sorry for the noob question...i jus wanted opinions, something i couldnt find with a search button. I have a 95 Tacoma reg. cab but it is lifted , not too good for street drifting, but I took it to glamis and in the sand, that thing drifts like a silvia. it was fun, but okay, thanx for the input.
                    I've seen pics of guys doing that it looks incredible, I jump, my cav, but I'm beginning to think that the engine might fall out one day

Comment

my bad.. I just know it was a US drift event and an elco took it

here some JDM drift trucks...honest

Comment

LMOA

"transformers robots in disguise"

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                          my bad.. I just know it was a US drift event and an elco took it

here some JDM drift trucks...honest
                          those look like theyre ready to play twisted metal: real life, or something of the sort... WTF are those?

i have drifted an El Camino and a jeep grand cherokee... in the dirt at the azusa canyons 4X4 PWNS!!

Comment

Working...
                          X