What would make drifting.com better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would make drifting.com better

I know I don't have the authority to change anyhting here, but lately I have been reading alot of critical threads about his site, and wondered what everyone would like to see change or stay the same,

If i could see anything improve, I would like to see more in depth coverage of drifting, not just the large events, and merchandising, more grassroots coverage. mabey articles from members, it would give us something to respond to. A better FAQ section ( which would be mandatory to read before being allowed to post. mabey an improved GUI. the user interface reeally needs to be streamlined, the site is so cluttered, and difficult to navigate, that might be a reason noobs don't read anything before they post. I initially came to drifting.com looking for pictures and movies. but was drawn in by a post I saw on the home page.
    Last edited by Menchi; 04-18-2004, 10:41 PM.

Re: What would make drifting.com better

1-Editorials
    -Please list a few specific article topics that would interest most members.
    -Ex. Interviews or tech editorials (Suggested Interview?)

2-FAQ Sheet
    -What topics should be covered?

3-Last, these are photos from an APEX FD buildup photoshoot.

4-Ken Nomura

Would you like to see more photos like this?

4-Video Clips?

Originally posted by Menchi
    I know I don't have the authority to change anyhting here, but lately I have been reading alot of critical threads about his site, and wondered what everyone would like to see change or stay the same,

If i could see anything improve, I would like to see more in depth coverage of drifting, not just the large events, and merchandising, more grassroots coverage. mabey articles from members, it would give us something to respond to. A better FAQ section ( which would be mandatory to read before being allowed to post. mabey an improved GUI. the user interface reeally needs to be streamlined, the site is so cluttered, and difficult to navigate, that might be a reason noobs don't read anything before they post. I initially came to drifting.com looking for pictures and movies. but was drawn in by a post I saw on the home page.

Comment

more photos

more photos

Comment

I can never put more than one pic in a message by uploading. Is it possible? Or are those pics by URL?

Comment

i would liek to see a 'How-To' area like how to do a number of installs on cars. kinda like direction that u get in the box...but online...just to see hwo easy it would be before u buy a product and what not. it could be even more defined down the the year, make, model, and part. thats just something i would like to see...esp for ppl that buy parts off of ebay.....alot of those dont come with instyal instuctions so ur kinda left on ur own....just my 2 cents

Comment

DIY thread........tricks thread

Comment

i second and third the "how to" or "tip section" Just beef up the tech. A for sale section or willing to buy section?
              Last edited by SleepyEyed240; 04-19-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

sweet

sweet i have followers...i thoguth i was alone on that idea...! whoot whoot! thanks. hopefully we get it!

Comment

I know it's been done but I was thinking drifting.com should have a project car, designed specifically for the purpose of drifting, it could be posted in the DYI section, I would like to see this site get more involved with the drifitng scene, the admin, as well as the community as a whole, such as hosting events, or sponsoring events, or even showing up at events and representing for us, I haven't been to many so they might already be doing that for all I know, and I understand that most of these suggestions require money. but there are alot of resources in this communtiy so nothing is impossible for this site. allow members to write articles for the site, not just a thread, but something that would go into the articles section on the main page. I also love the idea of a tricks thread, but we can't have too many sections or the message board will become more cluttered than it already is.

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with what drift freak said that was then deleted. Sorry guys, but he really does have good sudgestions if you want this forums to be more tech and less 'general chat' type stuff. But hey you know its really up to you guys to decide what type of forum you want to run here. If you are going for more general drifting conversations and stuff, I think you guys are doing a great job. Definately the best drifting news website I know of (I get my news here).

Comment

Please read this thread.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=3762

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                      I'm gonna have to go with what drift freak said that was then deleted. Sorry guys, but he really does have good sudgestions if you want this forums to be more tech and less 'general chat' type stuff. But hey you know its really up to you guys to decide what type of forum you want to run here. If you are going for more general drifting conversations and stuff, I think you guys are doing a great job. Definately the best drifting news website I know of (I get my news here).

Comment

fortunately or unfortunately i typically end up posting on forums about how to fix shiz or what i did to fix shiz or offering advice. but i would be willing to help with tech articles. what ya need to know?!!

Comment

Working...
                        X