No announcement yet.

Drift muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a long time before my dad let me drive his mustang. Now i moved so i dont get to drive it at all. Its a '64 1/2 with a 289/4speed. Came with a 2v but he put a 4v carb/intake in it. its nice. It has '66 rally wheels with the chrome trim rings w/ BF goodrich boots.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      im sorry but this is why a viper is not a good drift car for us normals

http://www.dodge.com/viper/index.htm...epage&type=top
      i don't see what that has to do with an old beater muscle cars?
      we're not talking about d1, we're talking about sideways steel.
      ARR!
      Attached Files

Comment

I think he was thinking about Musle Domestics...

Comment

I think there Is a conversion kit to put a vette drivetrain into old novas but Im not sure on the cost. But that would seem to be a step in the right direction, fuel injection, six speed, better rear end. Or do what alot of people do to old cars and get the ford 9' rear end. As far as susp tech, I have no new ideas that haven't already been posted.

Comment

There's also kits to put V8's into Datsun Z's =P

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
              I think he was thinking about Musle Domestics...
              what? what are yo talking about
              Last edited by bdjoe; 04-26-2004, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Nevermind, I was trying to say something but it turned out looking stupid, lol

Comment

thats cred, u cant catch a 5.0, coz its true
                  my mates would love to hear that quote

Comment

The next project i'm looking at right now, is a 78-82 Chevelle Malibu. They're more known for racing at local short tracks in the us, and belive me my car would be nearly identical besides being street legal and a bit more power. I visit tracks around the state and consistantly the fastest ones are malibus. Plus they come with a carbed 350 from the factory (or the 305 if your not so lucky) so it's not like im putting a lot of power into a car not worthy of it.

Best of all, i can get a chassis for under $1000, the engine would be about 3-5000, and suspension work would be about 1500. Roll cage would be 1000, and a decent presentable interior would only be a couple 100. It'd be a great road course car, and deffinatly be able to take the abuse of gettin sideways.

Honestly, and you may laugh at this, but i'd LOVE to see a nascar race car get out there and drift with the new mopar viper.

BTW, i wouldnt go with a vette rearend/differential b/c they use clutches and they wear out really fast.

I just want to remind you all of one thing:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Go for it man. I'm using quite a few dirt track style mods on my track car (89 Camaro), but still trying to keep the street appearance. The only big difference between my track car and a street car (and reason my track car can never be a street car) is that there are no windows. hahahah. But other than that, you wouldn't be able to tell the car is track only by looking at the exterior. I wanted to keep the street appearance because I want to be able to drive the car on the street (illegally) from time to time and play around. My mentor was a dirt track racer in his hayday, so a lot of his style is rubbing off on my project as he helps me build it.

Comment

Chevelle is my favorite car

Comment

Here's a good video of a viper competing and winning a drift event.

http://www.team140.com/~jimmy/pics/vids/Drift-Atlanta.wmv

Comment

My Baby

Just thought yall guys would like my 400hp 71 chevelle. I could build her to drift and handle and parts are easy to come by just call opg and I can get anything made hotchkis makes alot suspension stuff. But it would never be a drifting car for competition, just to heavy and even if you did alot of work you sould relize that you just as well get an import. I may do some suspension work and bring her to the drift night at our track but it would be just for fun. I drag race her and cruise because thats what she is made for. Really dirty in the pic.

Comment

Wat would i need to do to my '06 4.0L v6 stang to drift and run the touge??? I can drift it a lil right now by quickly swinging the steering wheel the opposite direction of the turn then turning it hard into the turn with quite a bit of throttle. But i cant sustain it!!!

Comment

Hey drift whatever you want man, I have a 1972 olds cutlass (GM A-body) and all I have done to the suspention wise is new KYB gas shocks and new coils from hotchkis. I'm not a big drifter, but with my little chevy 350 (5.7 for most of y'all) she does drifts pretty good, and I haven't even been drifting 6 months.
                                So good luck to you man. I think anything is driftable if people can manage to drift those all wheel drive cars. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X