Samuel Hubinette (Formula D WINNER!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
    The Viper winning should shut up alot of the haters who don't want domestics and high power cars to compete in drifting.
    It's the driver,not the Viper that won.If someone else drove the Viper,I doubt they would've won.

Comment

Yeah but the irony is that nobody would say that before the Viper (Sam) won. Everyone would concentrate on the car (not the driver) and hate on him. Heck, like 95% of the people that boo'd Rhys were boo'ing him because he drives a domestic (that guy got skills too man). Now that Sam won in the Viper, everyone is going to focus on the driver and try to dismiss the cars abilities. I've always thought thats how it would turn out when a domestic car finally won an event. Although honestly I didnt expect any domestic cars to win any events this early on in the game.

Comment

Damn...you mainlanders are so lucky!!! haha...how did Alex Phipher (spelling) do?

Comment

Alex did really well from what I heard. He qualified in the top 10 and had to run the mopar viper in the first elimination round. I heard alex gave the viper hell and was the most exciting tandem in the entire event. Sounds like there are going to be some fierce battles.

Too bad rhys didn't make the sweet 16. I heard he did good saturday at practice but screwed up his sunday qualifying passes.

My friend has some video of this event. The viper was crazy sick as were the ae's. There was even a rwd integra!

Comment

Alex was all over the viper, even drifting up hill, he was right on his butt in the smoke, it was crazy.

Comment

Sam had the best pass i saw all weekend when his mopar viper passed the motorex 350z on the inside at the end of the horseshoe in the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                Now that Sam won in the Viper, everyone is going to focus on the driver and try to dismiss the cars abilities. I've always thought thats how it would turn out when a domestic car finally won an event. Although honestly I didnt expect any domestic cars to win any events this early on in the game.
                I agree 100 percent. But you have to admit we know Sam has great talent. But even though it's factory it's still pretty close to stock. I'm happy that the Club4ag guys got out there, and I'm glad to here Alex did well.

Comment

I am still not a fan of the viper.. but like i said before, during and after. The viper really doesnt have any great advantages in drifting. I take that back it has one, Its naturally aspirated and has the advantages that come with that.

I will get to see it saturday at Laguna Seca.. now im very very curious to see how this thing does.

And did i hear right? he passed a guy mid drift? thats very very very impressive. How was his line? obviously good if he could pass someone in the run. During the D1 he put on a hell of a show, but his lines really werent that good. In fact i heard he was told to clean up his line going into the tandem drifts and indeed, they were better, but not great in the end he was out drifted. But now hes obviously practiced a bit.

oh yeah and one more thing, Every time someone brings up a domestic someone else claims that "all of us haters dont want domestics drifting" who the hell are you talking about? the ricers at irwindale who booed? trust me, there are very very few of them here.

Though i have to say, i never would of thought the viper would be comming home with a win already. Congrats to the whole team over there. Also there was a 350z with a sr20 in it? am i the only one who thinks thats a bad idea. i mean the extra weight of the 350, why would you want to give up 1.5 liters in displacement? i mean the 350z is well balanced anyways..

Also i take it there werent any, or very few S15s in the competition? i dont know what it is about the S15, maybe its the car, but more then likely its alittle car and alot driver, but the S15s dominated the D1 this year at irwindale. I have to say i dont blame them, they are awesome machines. Good weight, Good weight distribution, Cheap (in japan of course) and good engine.. perfect for drifting, and very pretty.
                  Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-26-2004, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Amazing

Ok Hubbinettes line wasn;t just good it was amazing. As soon as someone hit the horseshoe wide its like he had all this boost saved up and he would pass them right at the apex of the corner. Its truley amazing. If Phiefer woould have taken the corner tighter he would have won. But yeah the Viper is an aweaomse car the only domestic I like and the skill of the driver is evern better. Hopefully you will experience the passing for your self and see what we are all raving about. Once the viper is infront no one can get it!

Comment

I'll give my thoughts when I get back to Tenn tonight.

But a couple ideas.

1. Millens Drifts were SO much nicer looking. They didn't carry the speed but god were they clean.

2 The corolla was INSANE. Had the Viper not made the pass he would have won. The Viper was outdriven hands down.

3. I hate my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                        3. I hate my car.
                        Haha

Comment

just cause the 350z has a smaller engine doesnt mean anything, makes the car lighter and still makes 400hp, his old setup with Z engine and supercharger made alittle less i beleive, and he knows SR20's pretty well since he had done a SR swap into a FC awhile back

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                            just cause the 350z has a smaller engine doesnt mean anything, makes the car lighter and still makes 400hp, his old setup with Z engine and supercharger made alittle less i beleive, and he knows SR20's pretty well since he had done a SR swap into a FC awhile back

Trust me, those 400 horse power are far from equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                              I'll give my thoughts when I get back to Tenn tonight.

But a couple ideas.

1. Millens Drifts were SO much nicer looking. They didn't carry the speed but god were they clean.

2 The corolla was INSANE. Had the Viper not made the pass he would have won. The Viper was outdriven hands down.

3. I hate my car.

I see about the viper, well being pased is hard to put down! what 86 was it and who was driving?

Comment

This was my first one. I didnt have anyone to go with so i went with my dad and now he wont shut up about it lol. we actually had a conversation about the sr20 But yea, if it wasnt for the bonus points from the pass the white AE would have beat the viper. That one run where he stayed on his *Censored**Censored**Censored* showed me somethin. didnt he win the consolation race? I'm personally glad the domestic won. If drifting were to get big in america, they're ganna have to have a good ol domestic vs import war. That and get away from road atlanta. If it wasnt for SCCA they could have had it at atlanta motor speedway and im pretty sure a better crowd would have showed up being closer to the burbs. It pissed me off when the anouncer could hear us all the way at the top of the concrete seats. deffinatly a weak crowd I just wish i could go to houston now

Btw, that rwd teg was WEAK... i felt sorry for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X