how do you change tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you change tires?

ok so this is my beater drift project. how would i change my tires? im not goin got balance them because they will be worn in a week or so. is it possible to do at home?

any info apreciated.

Make friends with a tire shop so that they'll change tires cheaply.

Comment

I have many friends around here that rally/drive off-road. I have something called a tireplyers or tyerplyars something like that. If you don't care about damaging the rims then this thing works. check into it.

Comment

you change the WHEELS. dont drive around on worn tires. youre only a hazard to yourself and those around you.

Comment

Originally posted by boro240
          you change the WHEELS. dont drive around on worn tires. youre only a hazard to yourself and those around you.
          yes yes ya all!

2 sets of rims (at least for the back, fronts should be good anyhow). 1 set to drive on, the other to drift on. switch them when you get ready to drift, put the good ones back on when you come home. it's dangerous to be driving on busted rubber.

also, making buds at the tire shop is a good idea too.

Comment

making friends at a tire shop is the best thing you can do. i have a few friends that work at discount tire and i get mad deals. in the past i got a used set of tires for the rear, mounted and balanced, for free. they had about 95% of the tread left and they were completely free. i also got a set of brand new bridgestone potenza re950's for $100, mounted and balanced. i think those sell for about $120 a piece. you will get great deals by making friends w/ a tire shop employee. and you will save a grip load of money.

Comment

im uber cheap. i go to the junkyard and find rims with tires that fit my car. 7 bucks. cant go wrong there.

Comment

Working...
              X