Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it is!!! haha lol..kinda toy

Comment

So, who wants to join my team, Project D. We are going over the whole East Coast setting world records that nobody can beat so we can leave a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsukai240
        what?...you sound like some drift/club *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. if you want to be in something thing big, join the formuld d circut. or even start a legal difting event in a parking lot. keep it off the streets. if you are drifting out there, keep it as low profile as possible. i'll never join your group with that attitude.

We're simply a car club, no tricks, no gimmicks, the chapters are merely for fun. I do not condone illegal drifting or street drifting or whatever you want to call it, for those who know the DC area, they know that Maryland has an autocross track which allows full day access for 50 dollars, and even though there aren't any dues for the team, you can simply pay the 50 dollars and drift all day until your tires bald out. Also, the track has discounted rates for teams or groups of 3 or more signing in at the same time.

And what attitude are you referring to. Last time I checked the site, it read off as being a very friendly and open group to all persons who simply loved the car club life. If I came across as having some sort of "attitude" I apologize and will correct it, let me know, and I'll fix it.

Thanks,
        Dave

Comment

It seems funny that you guys are so quick to shoot something down simply because you do not agree with it. I mean, as mentioned before, if you hadn't anything constructive to post, than don't waste the energy of posting it. You're not hurting anyone's feelings by make these rude comments, all you are doing is proving to me how immature the majority of the US drifting population is. I knew that when I left Japan that things would be different, I hadn't planned on this, however.

My instructor told me that even though the audience would be different towards drifting, because they don't have much to go by, that most enthusiests would accept a drift/street racing club trying to come up. But, I supposed that it wasn't hard to prove him wrong. I guess it's okay, I mean, when America has nothing else to go on besides Option videos and Initial D, what can one expect right?

No matter, this team will continue to grow, with or without the support from this website, and, yes, I will still come here for a good laugh from time to time, and for the wealth of knowledge that is available on the forums. You are all very knowledgable, but it seems like you want to try to base everything off of what goes down on the mainstream. Initial D and Option videos aren't what goes down in the drifting scene, I challenge some of you who shot down this idea that, if you haven't been, go to Japan for a year, and find out what drifting is like over there. Maybe when you see what it's like to hang out will all of those drift clubs for a month or two and you see how they behave and then you will see why I have this "attitude" that everyone seems to think is a "joke."

Sorry to disappoint, hopefully you guys will forgive and forget.

-Dave

Comment

Where do you drift for a full day for $50. I would enjoy some seat time.

Comment

Man, I'm just joking with you. It just seems like your club mixes up Warhammer40k(you guys are marines, I bet you love that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*) and Initial D. I mean, if I join that elite chapter, can I get a Terminator suit and get a chance to race Takumi in it? That *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing 86 is going down. Sorry, man, I'm just joking again.

Comment

I don't know. Drifting is about skill so why would you come on a drift site asking anyone to join your team. It is cool how you are trying to make a team inside your team of actually skilled drivers. See I was already in b.s. team before and it was cool for a few months then everything went down the whole because only a couple guys were doing it for the right reasons and not to seem cool. I tell you what if you get a team of elite together I will call open a few guys that hang out in my garage and maybe we will have a friendly challenge. My buddies are always down for a road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                  I don't know. Drifting is about skill so why would you come on a drift site asking anyone to join your team. It is cool how you are trying to make a team inside your team of actually skilled drivers. See I was already in b.s. team before and it was cool for a few months then everything went down the whole because only a couple guys were doing it for the right reasons and not to seem cool. I tell you what if you get a team of elite together I will call open a few guys that hang out in my garage and maybe we will have a friendly challenge. My buddies are always down for a road trip.

Sounds like a plan, I'll see who I know that can hang like that. Because, most of the people who want to join are aspiring drifters who are getting lessons from me, so they will turn out to be pretty good, but for now they would almost be guaranteed a loss, not because they aren't talented, these are some of the most talented students I've ever trained, and they seem to have the most heart, but they just don't have the logbook hours or seat time to hang. And you and I both know that you can have all of the book smarts and educational training in the world, but if you don't have experience, you won't be able to compare.

That's why I enjoy teaching so much, because I have yet to develope my own drifting style yet. Believe it or not, all I do is follow what my instructor and his books told me to do and it just so happens to work each time. I just follow them to the tee. I don't adlib or put my own swing to it, I just follow these very "textbook" drifts. Which is fine when you are teaching and/or if you are being judged on your ability to apply and carry out all of the drifting techniques in a moving vehicle. However, if I were to be judged on style and finess, most drifters and judges would say that my drifting looks dated and old-fashioned. You know, only applying as much throttle and countersteer as needed, never exceeding the boundries of what you feel is a "safe" angle. I mean, once I get some more log book hours (WOO HOO I celebrated 1500 yesterday!!!!) I'm pretty sure that I'll get my own style in time, but as my instructor told me, it takes years to develope a certain style that you will always adhere to and he ALSO told me that maybe my style is to be "textbook" and do every drift the way the books tell you to do.

I don't know, but hey, if you wanna meet up sometime, I'll set it up, but keep in mind that as mentioned before in my "Free Promotional Drift Lessons" thread, I am turning my 240 in to the body shop in New York for some minor front end work, suspension, engine swap and color change. But it should be out towards the middle of August.

::PLUG:: I'm still willing to teach those with their own cars who don't mind using them to learn to drift in. ::END PLUG::

So I'll keep that in mind, and once I find some more east coast drifters, or once one of my students proves him/her self, (yeah I got a chick drifter her name's Wendy) then we'll try to meet up some time.

Thanks for the postive comments
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd557
                    It seems funny that you guys are so quick to shoot something down simply because you do not agree with it. I mean, as mentioned before, if you hadn't anything constructive to post, than don't waste the energy of posting it. You're not hurting anyone's feelings by make these rude comments, all you are doing is proving to me how immature the majority of the US drifting population is. I knew that when I left Japan that things would be different, I hadn't planned on this, however.

My instructor told me that even though the audience would be different towards drifting, because they don't have much to go by, that most enthusiests would accept a drift/street racing club trying to come up. But, I supposed that it wasn't hard to prove him wrong. I guess it's okay, I mean, when America has nothing else to go on besides Option videos and Initial D, what can one expect right?

No matter, this team will continue to grow, with or without the support from this website, and, yes, I will still come here for a good laugh from time to time, and for the wealth of knowledge that is available on the forums. You are all very knowledgable, but it seems like you want to try to base everything off of what goes down on the mainstream. Initial D and Option videos aren't what goes down in the drifting scene, I challenge some of you who shot down this idea that, if you haven't been, go to Japan for a year, and find out what drifting is like over there. Maybe when you see what it's like to hang out will all of those drift clubs for a month or two and you see how they behave and then you will see why I have this "attitude" that everyone seems to think is a "joke."

Sorry to disappoint, hopefully you guys will forgive and forget.

-Dave
                    You're forgetting something very important. The reason people are bad mouthing this is because the majority of those who post on this site are thirteen years old. Just like any forum, there are hordes of kiddies who run home after school and talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like they know there stuff.

In regards to the team it sounds pretty cool. It's nice to know that other people are interested in getting organized.

Comment

no coments...lol(saint drift post) yo tha bomb...

Comment

So you have an 89-90 240sx (with no LSD) and pretty much no
                        other modifications.

Then you have a 4-dr Sentra which seems to be more of a sporty
                        family sedan.

And finally you have a Chevy Pick-up. Dunno what good that is for
                        other then haulin dirt and junk and pulling you out of the ditch
                        after you wipe out.

Oh and let's not forget the Cavalier. Might stick to using that to
                        getting you groceries. Drifters get hungry too you know.

I'm missing the connection here. What exatcly you want from
                        people joining your team? What do you think they want from you
                        (or your club)? People only wanna be in teams so they can be
                        part of a clique.

Oh and you seem to come off very mature in your posts but after
                        seeing your GT3 Drift Bible, I'm confused as to what exactly you
                        are doing at the end.

Seriously dude, I don't see a reason for anyone to be in a team
                        with you unless you live close to each other and are friends.
                        Long distance relationships never last.

Teams suck. (Couldn't think of of a more seroius word for suck).

Comment

Originally posted by Go
                          So you have an 89-90 240sx (with no LSD) and pretty much no
                          other modifications.

Then you have a 4-dr Sentra which seems to be more of a sporty
                          family sedan.

And finally you have a Chevy Pick-up. Dunno what good that is for
                          other then haulin dirt and junk and pulling you out of the ditch
                          after you wipe out.

Oh and let's not forget the Cavalier. Might stick to using that to
                          getting you groceries. Drifters get hungry too you know.

I'm missing the connection here. What exatcly you want from
                          people joining your team? What do you think they want from you
                          (or your club)? People only wanna be in teams so they can be
                          part of a clique.

Oh and you seem to come off very mature in your posts but after
                          seeing your GT3 Drift Bible, I'm confused as to what exactly you
                          are doing at the end.

Seriously dude, I don't see a reason for anyone to be in a team
                          with you unless you live close to each other and are friends.
                          Long distance relationships never last.

Teams suck. (Couldn't think of of a more seroius word for suck).
                          Alright, let's start off . . .

The 240sx is undergoing some body and mechanical work as we speak, there is no reason to have an LSD at the moment when it gets sideways just fine. I was going to consider an LSD until I figured that with that money I could do something to draw a little bit of power, also, I watched a few videos from LookoutDrift and the Black s14 there did not have an LSD either and was doing rather well. Right now, I can justify holding of on the LSD, now if I run into some money real soon, then, yes, I will go out and buy a 1.5 way LSD or something, but until then, there isn't any justification for an LSD.

Secondly, the Nissan Sentra SE-R isn't a drifter car, those pictures with the car sliding are me toying around in the drivers seat while the owner of the car video taped. He and his car are streetracers, the Sentra is plenty fast, altho I have yet to convince the owner, he's going to get some pretty major modifications done to that car, it will be fast as heck.

Ahhh . . .the pick up truck A wonder on wheels, that 6000 pound vehicle records some excellent top speeds on the highway, but he is not a highway or street racer, if you read the descriptions on the site, you will see that he belongs to the chapter known as Ground Pounders. His system is totally wicked, but not too extreme, although he plans on changing that, we have yet to convince him to go with some outrageous speaker sizes but he is always up for options.

As far as people joining the club, yes, most, if not all, join a car club to be part of a clique. It makes most people feel welcome and it's simply a refreshing feeling to be around others who enjoy doing what you do. And, we all know that car clubs attract attention, and most people in car clubs love attention, otherwise they wouldn't be in the club.

I understand where you are coming from, sir. And most of the members in this club DO live in the DC/VA/MD region. I was hoping, through this thread, to attract more people within the area, however, like I mentioned on the site, the team has members as far west as California, once the site is finished you will see all of the members of the club. There are about 10 or 11 members total, but I haven't gotten pictures of all of the cars yet so we have yet to get them on the site, but the publicity of having a website was so important that the team decided, as a whole, to put the site up and just have the three initial members on there. We were also hoping to attract the sorts of people that aren't in to large numbers by doing that, it's all PR.

You're right, you are absolutely right, teams do suck. More often that not, it's a bunch of guys with testosterone issues, which often lead to arguements and bitterness, and eventually the club falls apart. However, I have been in more than one car club that has stayed together throughout the years, one that I always mention is Team Adrenaline, they are 400+ strong and still going, and have been around since 1989. They are currently the largest car club in America and have divisions and chapters all over the lower 48.

I don't want Night Majik to get that large, because when you are dealing with that many people, it's IMPOSSIBLE to know everyone on a personal level. When I was treasurer of Team Adrenaline, I knew everyone, I HAD TO, but I didn't KNOW everyone, you see what I'm saying? I knew everyone like the back of my hand, but unless it was an event or meeting, I didn't really get to meet that many people, when I was on there were 238 accountable vehicles registered within the team, AND, within those 238 vehicles, there were at least 2 drivers per vehicle, so we are dealing with almost 600 people and of those 600 I was friends with maybe 30 or 40 (estimated), I mean everyone knew my name, because I was THE treasurer, but no one knew who I was or what I was about.

But I digress, the thing is, this team has made it for over 10 years and they are extremely impersonal, imagine what Night Majik can be, with everyone knowing each other and numbers not surpassing 15. Especially if the majority of the team lives in the eastern region, more over, if the majority of those live in the North Eastern region.

Anyway, I've written way too much, so I'm going to go now, but just to let you know, this team is going to make it, with or without the support of the members of drifting.com. I simply wanted to get more members through these forums. And whether or not you accept it, you will have to respect it, not because we are an established team, but because we are an established team who have a plan and who are about doing more positive than negative.

(STREET RACING IS PROBABLY THE ONLY NEGATIVE )

Have Fun
                          -Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X