No announcement yet.

eight six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh crap...I just read that law...but you know, lots of old people vote...so I doubt it would pass...its nationally proven that senior citizens vote in bulk, and I'm sure they'd vote to keep the older cars. at least I hope so. that would totally thrash the dream of my RHD eight six...if not I'll pay what it takes to change the glass and the other things to get it to U.S. specs, I just hope RHD isn't a part of it...cuz there are a few skylines, and I'm sure I can get the eight six to pass smog...cuz that's what 20 year old bill was about...passing smog...do you reallt think itd screw with my importing dream?..crap...hahaha

Comment

i hope that they don't pass that and we can get RHD's.

and 86's aren't hard to find in Japan. but if i'm right they're still expensive. =\

Comment

well, how much do you think they would cost...and who here knows how the Japanese Market works? is it like in initial-d? where you go to a dealer and they find one for you and deliver it?

Comment

umm. it all depends really.if u want a clean GT-Apex it's probly high. imean i look at Yahoo Auctions and some stock ones are like 2K while otheres are 8K. it all really depends. lol. not sure on the dealership bit. btw there are GT-V's and GT-Apex's. it hink there might have been one other version buy i forgot its name. =\

Comment

sweet...I just want any eight six really...and I'm hoping to spend up to $4000 on buying the car...you think i can get an APEX version for that much?..

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
              sweet...I just want any eight six really...and I'm hoping to spend up to $4000 on buying the car...you think i can get an APEX version for that much?..
              umm probably. not totally sure. =\ don't forget levin's are just as good and a LOT rarer in the US.

only like 10? maybe a little more? lol.

Comment

sweet...but you know the flip head lights are just too sexy...hahaha...especially on the eight six...sometimes though I just with takumi from initial-d used a differnt car...maybe another car that's toyota...like an mr2 or something...I dunno...I guess its cool they gave corollas the respect...and it did help teach that drifting is about technique and not about having a dope car...

Comment

sweet...but you know the flip head lights are just too sexy...hahaha...especially on the eight six...sometimes though I just with takumi from initial-d used a differnt car...maybe another car that's toyota...like an mr2 or something...I dunno...I guess its cool they gave corollas the respect...and it did help teach that drifting is about technique and not about having a dope car...
                  ya but it's also made 86's price go from $800 for a GTS to 2500-3000 for one. let alone the dam SR5's. great cars and all but still pissed at Initial D for screwing all REAL 86's drivers over. also it has caused TOO MANY kids to go out thinking they're takumi and either wreck a good car or get themselves killed. but everything has it's flaws. =\

Comment

here in canada we have 15 year rule... a local shop does importing to here, kinda expensive, but they do it for you... they have a few cars coming soon...3 s13's... $9000 canadian, an 1985 levin for $7600 canadian w/ a rollcage, 88 cefero for 13000 can, and a 89 r32 gts w/ rb25 swap for 15000 canadian..
                    go here to see pics http://www.cannonball-r.com/import%20car.htm

Comment

hey...so if I want an eight six...could they ship it to canada...hook it up to US specs...then I bring it here?..that sounds like work...but it sounds like a good idea if it can be done for $6000 all in all...my brothers gf emailed me saying he can get me one for $1500 US...all in good order...its just that it would be regular...worth it tho I think...and he does have the hook up in canada...

and about the initial d, I had a friend who got an eight six for his 16th birthday, and he wreaked it in about 3 weeks...and they had to scrap it cuz he broke through the firewall and it was totaled...a big waste...I wanted to buy it and just fix the fire wall but the engine was broken too...it was just mangled...luckily my friend only broke his leg...and didn't die...a total waste though

Comment

another example of a kid who thinks hes Takumi and can just go drift an 86 inches from a guardrail. i just wish they would realize this is real life and not some dam cartoon.

Comment

I'll admit sometimes I feel like I can do anything like takumi after I watch the show...but I know my limits...eating a lot of tofu will not make you drift better...he doesn't want an eight sixs anymore...he says he need ABS...hahaha...I knew he was like that...I'm just a plain out toyota fan who grew up with a 90' corolla...and I got my licence in that car...I just think itd be cool that MY race car would also be a corolla...eat tofu and you drift better, and close your eyes too, that helps a lot

Comment

those are for like 500dlls in here...and gts ones

Comment

It don't matter which it is. I like the HB, but that's because I like it's looks.

Comment

sweet...I just want any eight six really...
                                Yet you're holding out for a hatch when your uncle has a Coupe?

-MR

Comment

Working...
                                X