a sad day for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sad day for me

last nite i was out screwing around and i hit the curb at 45mph i snapped the A arm and a tie rod now my parents are selling my car.... im 16 and don't have a job seems like life has come to and end.. just thought to let u all know don't pull a stunt like me it hurts badly to see my car this way best of luck to everyone else
    Last edited by D1 DRIFTER; 05-02-2004, 03:14 PM.

I can't tell you how many times I've crashed and my dad has tried to sell my Supra. Sorry you're going through that crap, maybe the won't sell it.

Comment

man....

well the sad thing is my mom is a cop so shes all crazy about me now but hey what can i do? absolutely nothing! man life sucks rite now....

Comment

What kinda car was it?

Comment

Re: man....

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
          well the sad thing is my mom is a cop so shes all crazy about me now but hey what can i do? absolutely nothing! man life sucks rite now....
          Consider this a lesson learned. I dont mean to sound like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but if you're serious about drifting you gotta take the good with the bad. Things like this happen. Drifting probably isnt a great thing to get into while you're sixteen and have to answer to your parents every time you fucc up. You gotta pay if you want to play. If you end up keeping your car, go out and learn the ends and outs of how it behaves under certain situations. When you do that, then pursue drifting. Also, it helps if you have a job so you can pay for parts/damage.

Comment

Yes, it is expensive. I know guys who crash or break things, or there cars catch on fire. It is rough, but thats life.

Comment

lol I know a cop too.

lol I know a cop too... MY FRIENDS DAD. lol true story here. today me and my friend we were taking a drive he was driving and I was in the passenger seat and he just got these practecly band new tires off this car in a junk yard so he decided it was time to test them out so we pull into a vacant lot and my friend started to do donuts and so we did it fun, till we saw the barley visable red and blue flashes in the mirrors through the smoke so my friend stoped and when the smoke cleared we were facing the squad car lol it was my friends dad. they were staring at each other in disbelive from the cars. finally his dad gets out of the squad car and follows though with the regular police porcedure after about 10 minutes he comes back with a $275 ticket and as his dad was handing him the ticket he said "I am very disapointed in you son, we will talk about this when I get home". lol it was crazy
              Last edited by JDM_DRIFTER2001; 05-02-2004, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I agree

Man I really hate to see this happen to you bro. Anyways I agree with weaponX, I have learned this through many people. When ever it rains go to a parking lot or a private open area and test your car. Drift it around and see what it does. This is the best way to learn about you car, how it handles and how it reacts in different situations. Sorry to hear about all this and best of luck to you!

Comment

well

i thank u all for ur help good or bad.. and it is a 91 240sx f/b thanks again for the imput

Comment

Serve's your a$$right for trying to be a drifter on the street,
                    especially at such a young age. You realize someone could have
                    been hurt?

Consider yourself lucky though to have your parents buy you a car
                    in the first place.

Comment

im 16 to. its kind of sick couse we arent mayor agers...so if we work ill be less money anyways... try to talk to your dads and dont let them sell it...

i havent crash already and its my secon fc.. i have been near to crash...

Comment

Originally posted by Go
                        Serve's your a$$right for trying to be a drifter on the street,
                        especially at such a young age. You realize someone could have
                        been hurt?

Consider yourself lucky though to have your parents buy you a car
                        in the first place.
                        He was in a parking lot...how exactly was someone going to get hurt? I'm not saying it was a good idea but cut him a break.

Comment

man i wish i had a rps13 at 16 but the insurance her killed that dream fast £3000+ for a car costing £1200

Comment

Being 16 and new to driving is a bad combination with drifting. Sorry to say, but you should really know your car and how it behaves before you ever try to drift it. I was 16 once. I know how you drive at that age. I also am aware of how little you know about cars and the physics behind their behavior. Besides that, when you're 16, you don't think about others or "What could happen" I've flown down many gravel roads at speeds that would seriously injure or kill me or someone else if one of those at the wrong place at the wrong time situations occured. Flying around a blild corner at 70mph isn't smart, especially when you slide out onto the oncoming traffic side of road. I consider myself lucky when I think back to those days. It was good for learning the limits of my car and how fast I could really go, but at that age, you just have no concern about others or what could happen. It takes a little time to get to the point of thinking ahead and actually having concern for others.

To this day, I still fly down the back roads around my house. I'm far more careful now, and I do always think about others before I try anything. Also, with a good understanding of how cars handle and being comfortable with the car I'm driving, I'm able to try things under complete safety. I know the physics behind what I'm doing. I know how my car feels and behaves. I know its and my limits. This is the point where you want to be at before you start to drift. I'm at the point where I can't screw up. I am unable to end up in the ditch somewhere. I can't spin out. I won't hit oncoming traffic around a blind corner. Quite simply I won't let myself. I know what I and my car can do. I can't under my own concience push myself beyond this point. Total understanding means total safety. Understand first.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                              Besides that, when you're 16, you don't think about others or "What could happen".

For the most part, what you said was pretty dead on, but you have to remember every 16 year old isnt the same. Just because we're 16 (well next month i'll be 17 but its still the same thing) doesnt mean all of us are wreckless drivers who know close to nothing about cars, only what we've read. Some of us have gotten the chance to drive before we were of legal age (i first started driving around 13 or 14). I hate to use him as an example because he got to drive way before me and most people, but Gushi is ,what, 17 and he can handle his car just as good as 20 year olds....but then again his dad runs a garage or something like that...well anyway, I guess the point im trying to make is, you shouldnt generalize the behavior of all 16 year olds' as the same. Some of us (lol very few of us) actually do think sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X