No announcement yet.

GTO drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad that turbo kit is custom. Or else I'd look into getting one. The car is quite heavy but it's fairly simple to slide once you turn off the T/C. I personally love my goat. I still dont know what I'm gonna do w/ it tho except NOT turn it into a drag car.

Comment

The GTO is not supposed to be an all-out sports car. The GTO is designed to be a practical all weather performer. It gives you great rwd performance, but you can still haul 4 people and their stuff in comfort in any weather. The GTO is for guys like me who want a fast car, but still need to haul things, carry people and be driven in any weather. Compared to an F-Body, the GTO will carry lowe insurance premiums, get better mileage, have more room and be able to handle foul weather better than a Camaro or Firebird. It's a sports coupe, not a sports car. The guy will buy the GTO over a Camaro for the same reason he buys a 5 series instead of a 3 series.

I'm willing to be that Rhys, although he had bugs to work out of a new car, still had a little trouble initiating the drifts due to the weight of the car. The big GTO will rotate slower than an S13 or Viper in the corner and it will take more sevre actions to break it loose, as well as take more skill to control the large momentum it builds up right before it breaks loose. I've had trouble dealing with that when I first tried to drift my MN12, the car doesn't want to rotate then it will snap oversteer and spin around. I'm bettin Rhys fought some of the same problems I did when he started drifting his GTO.

From the vids I could see that the drivers were initiating the drifts with the throttle (as opposed to a feint or braking technique like you'd see in a lighter car) and then using the power and suspension of the car to control the drift (although I did see some lift off oversteer in the chicane). So I think this gives some evidence of my theory.

Comment

Working...
      X