Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs

Hey, i was just wondering how you guys get your money?
    Where do you guys work?

il start, i work with my dad on his construction because no buddy is hiring me and i gave over like 20 resumes but iam only 16 but still ....

Right now I sell SBC phone service, but I'm hoping to get on with the state D.O.T. as a technician. Someday I wanna have my own tuning shop though.

Comment

I'm a student. I have no money, lol.

I do work hard over the summer throwing ice cream...mmm, ice cream. It's called palletizing, but basically, you "stack" i.e. throw ice cream onto a pallet in an ordered and neat pattern, you wrap it with plastic (machines do it), and send it down the isle for storage and shipment. No other job can you chuck stuff all day long dripping with sweat , play with forklifts all in -20 to -40 degrees Farenheit. Oh and it pays about $17 an hour, cha ching! Yeah, you get very cheap and free ice cream too, mmm...

It helps pay for school, but I don't have much more for doing anything with my car. My cars stay stock. That's ok cause it's really just a hobby for me, nothing competitive.

Comment

I'm the dispatcher for my dad's trucking company.

Comment

good money over summer

man i need a job

listen to this, i went to mazda and handed them a resume and whein i went inside everyone waslike OMG somebody stole a car the key is missing, everyone was panicing. I was like wtf.
          So then i was leaving the place and at the very front of the car lot its pretty busy there on the main road. I just looked at the Rx8 and noticed someone has left the keys inside inisde the lock on the doorhandle.
          So i walk back inside and tell the manager the key is outside in the Rx8.
          YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAYS TO ME ?
          What the hell are you doing there go and get it kid.
          iam like wtf shut up, but i showed him were the key was. i ssaved them a lot of money if the car got stolen and i probly saved someone their job.
          thats not right huuh?? o well lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
            I'm a student. I have no money, lol.
            It helps pay for school, but I don't have much more for doing anything with my car. My cars stay stock. That's ok cause it's really just a hobby for me, nothing competitive.
            I'm pretty much in the same boat: during the summer I work and go to school in the fall, with a part time job to pay the gas. I don't have any $$ left over for anything else unfortunately.

My daily driver is a 95 V8 TBird I affectionately call "Miyoki". Right now it's stock, but it get's 23mpg with cheap insurance and plenty of room, plus she's got plenty of power, and when you get in a sticky situation she takes care of ya. In the future I'd like to do some mild upgrades: exhaust so it sounds good, and some mild brake, wheel/tire, and suspension work.

In the future though I wanna get a 5.0 LX coupe for a weekend drifter/touge runner.

Comment

I get paid to be a computer geek.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                  I get paid to be a computer geek.
                  Im in the same boat except im just doing various things part time for experience and what not until im out of school. I hope to make a career out of it.

Comment

what do you guys mean by computor geeks? are you guys like little hacker lol
                    what do you guys do

Comment

I put airplanes (things that fly) on boats (things that float) at 200 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
                        what do you guys mean by computor geeks? are you guys like little hacker lol
                        what do you guys do
                        I specialize in computer networking, and am studying more about security and hacking. I setup windows 2000 domains, linux servers, ect...

Comment

SWEET
                          i just reformated my computor alll by myself yea thats right

lol im proud

Comment

I'm a Network Engineer for Verizon. I work on a Federal Military Contract for the Department of Defense. My job requires a TS military clearance, so thats about as much as I can say about what I do. Its good fun though! Best thing in the world is having a career that you enjoy.

But yeah I got my start in networking by getting interested in hacking. I have never hacked anyone elses machine (its illegal), but I found the information very interesting. I originally started out with an interest in graphic design and web design, but after spending years on IRC, I moved from to an interest in security and eventually an interest in routing. Its been a long string of 'in the right place at the right time' that got me where I am today. I'm just a lucky guy, I cant take any credit. I have no college degree, and no certifications. I entered the work force at 18 after dropping out of College at Penn State University when my Volleyball Scholarship expired because I could not find a place to live near Campus. You'd think the College Scholarship people would explain things like this over the phone when you live 6000 miles away and arrive for the first time 2 days before classes start and all the houses / apartments are already taken. Doh! But anyway, I started out as a temporary worker with a temp staffing agency. I went through my fair share of BS before getting good full time jobs. Continue to learn more and broaden your horizons and take the opportunity when it presents itself. People that actually know their stuff are much more usefull than people with degrees that dont know jack.

Comment

luky, you should go back to college or university

Comment

Working...
                              X