Picking out a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking out a Car

Yep, I got rid of the 240 because I didn't feel up to the project and my Jetta has been wrecked. So I have alot of cash floating around and I'm going to need a new car, so I'm not driving the '86 Ranger with a broke A/C in this hot Summer sun. I can actually afford a FD, but the insurance for a 19-year-old with one major accident under his belt is probably going to be killer. I was also thinking an older MR2 turbo, but that maybe in the same boat as the FD...not sure. An Impreza RS(no WRX, that has to be the ugliest pile of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ever) would be cool too, but I'm not sure how hard it is to get a decent amount of power out of these things. I was thinking of getting a JDM motor, but unlike Toyota ones and such, it's around $4000-6000 for a STI. Besides, I'd probably be to lazy to the swap myself and too cheap to get someone else to do it. I could get a VW GTI too, but I'm trying to get away from FWD. Something about having traction problems with only 180whp bothers me.

Look at the other threads.

There at least 2 going that are almost identical.

Or you could use the magic "SEARCH" button and all your questions will be answered...

-MR

Comment

If you didn't feel up to build a 240, then how to plan on doing a JDM boxer swap on a Suby?

Comment

Re: Picking out a Car

Originally posted by SaintDrift
        Besides, I'd probably be too lazy to the swap myself and too cheap to get someone else to do it.
        Guess you didn't notice that sentence? I'm just asking for some suggestions and inputs on all cars. Not a specific one. I don't see many on that and certainly not one based on my specific situation. If all you want to do is spam the thread with, "You could use the SEARCH button to find a thread about a kid that wrecked his car and is looking for a new one and doesn't like FWD," then fine, but please do it elsewhere. I don't see much of anything else going on this forum and it would be nice to get a general input of everybody's favorite cars and why they like them. It would definitely help me to make a decision.

Comment

...so apparently you didn't search...

-MR

Comment

if u get a impreza RS u dont really need a jdm motor, all u really need is the usdm ej20t, which is plenty for the RS and if u get like a 2000 RS u shouldnt need a new tranny which saves u like a grand, and the motors not really that expensive u can find some decent 1s for around the 3000 range....o yea.....im a suby kinda guy so...my opinon is nothing but positive for the subys....hahaha

Comment

hmm 240sx... RX-7 FC... Cressida... AE86... Basicly any old datsun or toyota... FB... Mustang.. Camaro... V6s should be cheap and not to bad on insurance... Seeimg a theme here kiddo?

Comment

I'll take made in the 80's for $1000 Alex!!!!!

Comment

lol well yeah that too. i ment RWD and Cheap. If i had 10 grand or 1 grand i would still want a S13...

Comment

FC's
                    Cressida
                    Lexus (since you have a lot of money)
                    I would like a 510, with an SR swap.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind a FC, but this is going to be my daily driver too. I need something reliabe that's nice in and out. You guys didn't help much Damn, my indecisiveness.

Comment

Working...
                      X