Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EDITED] i hope to see what the DP gurls can do at the next drift day if im able to make it out. its great to see more gurls getting involved in the sport.

Comment

I think you all need less haterade, and longer attention spans (like, reading the whole article before posting a comment)

Comment

I know this thread is mostly dead...but I wanted to let most of you people know that most of the "direct" quotes were taken without their knowledge. They were messing around at a tech day and it got written down in the article. Some of the quotes even risked someones job, the article was written badly. I read some of it and I couldn't even get through it.

Bottom line we're not good and we're not a "team" ...we're a group that offers oppertunities to women who would be intimidated to a mostly male dominated sport. We're just a big group a friends with the same interests and cars. (Well I rather be drifting a Supra...but in the mean time a 240 will do). Some day we might have a team, but we are no where near that day.

Its unfortunate we get all this publicity, because everyone thinks the way most you did. That we're just girls who say we drift that suck and get all these sponsors and parts and money. We do try to drift, some can some are still getting there. You can't be pro just starting out and basically were still in the crawling stage. We get no sponsors, no parts and no money. We have some supporters...we get discounts, which anyone can really get themselves. Its not dirt cheap for us..we just get a few bucks off the regular price. But seriously if you go yourself you can get the same thing...make friends with people and you can get the same thing.

As a group we believe its dangerous to drift on the street. Risking yourself, innocent bystanders, and drifting rep. Now you can find legal event to practice at and yes its costly, I can't even afford it. But you can find other legal places to practice like other tracks...but thats for you to find out yourself.

Yea there is alot of "cuteness" involved, but were just girls. We like cute stuff, and it reflects in our cars. (Mines quite the oppisite white s13 with red bumper, never washed and no stickers, say hi to me if you want!) Just like in highschool it was your backpack and folder that reflected you, girls are just like that.

Like mentioned before, its alot of marketinng going out. Girls involved in anything that is really male (now a days or old school) surfing, skating, snowboarding...all are used with female advertising. Anything involved with cars and motorcycles are the same way. Thats why you have more import models are conventions and in ads then you did 5 years ago, can't go through a whole magazine without seeing at least 20 models on cars or holding parts. In a sense we are being used in such a way.

But it doesn't matter all we wanted to do is drive and have fun, wether its drifting, drag, autoX or rally...we'll have fun doing it. Even more male or female will have fun doing it. No matter what the opinion is well keep driving...its what we want to do.

Comment

I thought the quotes were a little off. That makes a lot more sense. I was curious what at least one of you thought of the article. Sorry it had to turn out the way it did. As far as the "cute" stuff goes, rock on with that. None of these guys who put vinyl on their cars to look "tough" really can't say anything, because it's essentially the same thing... you like what you like.

Comment

I seriously didn't like it that much. I was hoping it would talk about the program a little more, then it really did.

Comment

WE all should make our drift team and go drift against them. And if we win we get or jack their car ....or....wheels at least. So who's with me?

Comment

ignoramus

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                  WE all should make our drift team and go drift against them. And if we win we get or jack their car ....or....wheels at least. So who's with me?
                  I already started Drifting Ugly.. for Ugly and moderately attractive people.. (pretty girls now accepted!)

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    I already started Drifting Ugly.. for Ugly and moderately attractive people.. (pretty girls now accepted!)
                    why would you do this? do you understand that you are openly mocking the entire drifting pretty program and all of it's supporters (including me)?

and you are a moderator? isn't it your job to make sure that everybody on this board is respected and treated in a mature manner?

Comment

• i dont know what to say to u but just shut up.... ur team is gonna get mocked....o wells deal with it... ur team is a magnet for media whorness.... people are gonna be pissed off who deserve somthn like ur teams has.... people who have higher skillz and knowledge see crap like this and what do u think will happen..... ur team is very well organized and helper but seriously you shouldnt let things like this piss u off.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonHsu
                        why would you do this? do you understand that you are openly mocking the entire drifting pretty program and all of it's supporters (including me)?

and you are a moderator? isn't it your job to make sure that everybody on this board is respected and treated in a mature manner?
                        Don't mind him Benson, he's typical of the attitude displayed here.

Cya at DD17!!

Comment

• Originally posted by S13_Steve
                          people are gonna be pissed off who deserve somthn like ur teams has.... people who have higher skillz and knowledge see crap like this and what do u think will happen..... ur team is very well organized and helper but seriously you shouldnt let things like this piss u off.....
                          Yes keep being pissed off if you feel you deserve something like this.

Like I mentioned before with regards to sponsorship, if you do not SELL YOURSELF and present yourself as an effective marketing tool for a company NO ONE WILL SPONSOR YOU.

Yes, be pissed off. Be pissed off that someone else took the initiative and went out and got sponsored while the "better" drifter sat on his/her *Censored**Censored**Censored* and waited for the sponsorship to be handed to him/her on a silver platter.

Want some milk with those cookies?

-alex

Comment

• i think of this as a illegal vs legal drifters argument..... does anybody agree with this? i mean all the track drifters love DP but then think of the illegal drifters here.....

Comment

• sure, go on, keep thinking that...

Comment

• i think nobody here is pissed except for the track drifters trying to get sponsorship or their just jealous...but the illegal drifters here are just making fun of ur team at how the track culture is soo damn bizare and how everything goes

Comment

Working...
                                X